Thread: Your PP machine

Default Your PP machine

Just curious to see how many of you do PP on :
    1) Windows desktops
    2) Mac desktops
    3) Notebooks
    4) Macbooks

Does any of you use both Mac and Windows OS and found a huge benefit of one OS from the other?
    Do you just use a dedicated machine for PP or it is the same machine u use for your work / play and hobby?

Maybe can also share what kind of hardware power is packed in your machine?

Default Re: Your PP machine

a poll might be easier for you do collate the data..

to reply to your questions, i only do simple editing like brightness/contrast/saturation etc. Not that my pics are very good.

I'm using Windows vista on a desktop. Its my all in 1 pc. Gaming + editing + work. Running Core2Quad 2.83Ghz with 4 GB DDR2 ram and a Nvidia 9600GT graphic card.
    Kodak Easyshare C875

oh ya.. good point.. maybe a mod can help me amend the thread to include a poll?? Please??? sollie to trouble you lah...

For me, I am using a Notebook to do PP..... on vista too. Same machine for my work

I use windows desktop to pp.

Somewhere North

I do my PP on a DIY desktop PC on WinXP..... still my fav OS

Scuba & Father... For Life

I think you can get a 64-bit version of CS4 for vista. Mac's are only 32-bit at the moment.

Using CS3 on mac and pc and overall, it seems a bit snappier on the mac book pro. This could really be due to the difference in cpu's though as the pc desktop is has a bit slower dual core.

west side!

i moved from a XP-notebk to XP-desktop to a macbook.

PP is intuitive and faster on the macbook.
    boils down to personal preference la.

I always wonder why alot of graphic designers do their work on a mac.. is it really the machine, OS interface or just for 'style'???

I can say both + 1. Powerful, easier yet georgeous ...

Mine is Apple Aperture + Plug-ins + Macbook Pro ...

Macbook 13" Unibody non-pro, 4 year old customised PC 2ghz dual core AMD, 4x512mb DDR1 ram, Nvidia 7800GT and lots of internal and external harddrives.

MB usually for processing photos, PC usually for mass storage / access to external powered harddrives which were formatted last time for windows only, and also for my gaming i.e. CSS / TF2. Now that I've also reinstalled starcraft 1 for my MB and loads of other nice freeware games like Wormux, I spend way less time on the PC.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr