Thread: Developing digital prints @ 8R

Default Developing digital prints @ 8R

I've got a few photos I wanna develope @ 8R. But I'm unsure if the quality will be as good as when I develope it @ 4R. Most of the photos I wanna develope are 2048 x 1536. But there're a few which I've done some cropping. The smallest one is 1900 x 1453. If I develope it @ 8R, will the quality suffer?

And eh... what's the reasonable price for developing @ 8R? Anyone can help me out?

Goto www.kodak.com.sg, www.fotohub.com and www.fujifilm.com.sg

The cheapest by far for a 4R print is Kodak.

Have about 550 - 600 frames I need to print out. Hope they have a better deal for this amount....

Quote Originally Posted by raychan
    Goto www.kodak.com.sg, www.fotohub.com and www.fujifilm.com.sg

The cheapest by far for a 4R print is Kodak.

Have about 550 - 600 frames I need to print out. Hope they have a better deal for this amount....
    Or try www.hotprint.com.sg
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Try KT Imaging (check under Consumer Corner and Services). There're special discounts for clubsnap members.

Eh........ Thanx for the replies but somehow no ones has answered my questions!

I'm intending to develope <B>8R</B>. But I'm concerned about the quality, since my smallest picture is only 1900 x 1453.

Oh, according to Fotohub's webpage, the recommended minimum resolution for an 8R print is 1600 X 1200.

However, I would prefer a better resolution. Since yours is better than the recommended resolution, I think it should be OK.

I used to own a Sony F505 with only a 2MP resolution and managed to print an 8R photo without any noticeable degradation in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr|ever
    I've got a few photos I wanna develope @ 8R. But I'm unsure if the quality will be as good as when I develope it @ 4R. Most of the photos I wanna develope are 2048 x 1536. But there're a few which I've done some cropping. The smallest one is 1900 x 1453. If I develope it @ 8R, will the quality suffer?

And eh... what's the reasonable price for developing @ 8R? Anyone can help me out?
    You should be able to get a decent picture at 1500x1200. Think that is the minimum that you should have fro an 8R of cos for best results it should be 3000x2400.

If you want to develop cheaper, PM me give you the address of my photo developer.

omnigod
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by raychan
    Oh, according to Fotohub's webpage, the recommended minimum resolution for an 8R print is 1600 X 1200.

However, I would prefer a better resolution. Since yours is better than the recommended resolution, I think it should be OK.

I used to own a Sony F505 with only a 2MP resolution and managed to print an 8R photo without any noticeable degradation in quality.
    I thought for 4R, the ratio should be 3:2? How come the website shows a ratio of 4:3? I don't really understand this ratio thing... I'm using a 2MP camera and the highest resolution it has is 1600 x 1200. However I was told that I need to crop the pics to a 3:2 ratio in order for the pics to be developed properly.. And now I see this new resolution in fotohub and I'm totally confused... What exactly should be the healthy resolution after cropping my 2MP, 1600 x 1200 pic if I wanna develop it into a 4R photo without visible pixels? Many thanks for your valuable advice..