Thread: May I introduce you my blog?

Default May I introduce you my blog?

I talk about life in general, really.

Comments welcome.
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

about your take on gurmit singh's speech during star awards 03,
    it's probably the same reason as why you are keeping a blog and inviting pple to visit it.

so it's a little ironic, don't you think? that you 'can't see why' yet you're doing it yourself.

sorry, but wats a blog?

Quote Originally Posted by wildhoney
    about your take on gurmit singh's speech during star awards 03,
    it's probably the same reason as why you are keeping a blog and inviting pple to visit it.

so it's a little ironic, don't you think? that you 'can't see why' yet you're doing it yourself.
    well... yes and no... yes i want to express myself... and yes he wants to express himself...

no... i did not write about gurmit twice...

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    sorry, but wats a blog?

blog is a weblog...

click my signature and u will see.

What's wrong with a grown up man crying over a badminton game?

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by junyang
    What's wrong with a grown up man crying over a badminton game?

Heh.

His team won.
    He is neither the player who won it or the coach.
    He is a person of some importance.

Perhaps he should have shed some tears when sars took some lives.

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    His team won.
    He is neither the player who won it or the coach.
    He is a person of some importance.

Perhaps he should have shed some tears when sars took some lives.

You have your opinions, I have mine, and so too the billions of people out there.

Everyone has an opinion why the price of soy beans is high, why US went to the war, why are CEOs still so highly paid, why it rained this morning and I got caught wet..

But the issue here is this: are you really genuinely interested to find out more about LIFE and the TRUTH, or is this just the musings of a self-effacing, self-indulgent "know-it-all", taking potshots and drive-by shootings behind the computer screen?

Lim Swee Say cried becuase he was there when the team brought the glory home. You were hundreds of miles away cloistered in your climate-controlled room posting "blogs". And speaking of SARS, you cried for the people in ICU? Even if you had friends or relatives who were afflicted with the disease, does it therefore make it right to comment that the healthy folks do not know and do not care?

Gurmit Singh's parents passed away, and perhaps he realised that if there was any time he should have shown his love, it is while they were still alive. Now they have passed on, perhaps he is trying to reconcile his emotions of loss, with "doing the right thing"- a public honouring of the people who meant something in his life. When was the last time you said "Thank you" to your dad or mom?

The similarity between the 2 men I mentioned: they are human. I for one would like to see more of that in public figures and "people of importance".

Quote Originally Posted by fruitybix
    You have your opinions, I have mine, and so too the billions of people out there.

Everyone has an opinion why the price of soy beans is high, why US went to the war, why are CEOs still so highly paid, why it rained this morning and I got caught wet..

But the issue here is this: are you really genuinely interested to find out more about LIFE and the TRUTH, or is this just the musings of a self-effacing, self-indulgent "know-it-all", taking potshots and drive-by shootings behind the computer screen?

Lim Swee Say cried becuase he was there when the team brought the glory home. You were hundreds of miles away cloistered in your climate-controlled room posting "blogs". And speaking of SARS, you cried for the people in ICU? Even if you had friends or relatives who were afflicted with the disease, does it therefore make it right to comment that the healthy folks do not know and do not care?

Gurmit Singh's parents passed away, and perhaps he realised that if there was any time he should have shown his love, it is while they were still alive. Now they have passed on, perhaps he is trying to reconcile his emotions of loss, with "doing the right thing"- a public honouring of the people who meant something in his life. When was the last time you said "Thank you" to your dad or mom?

The similarity between the 2 men I mentioned: they are human. I for one would like to see more of that in public figures and "people of importance".

I agree with some of the things you say...but not your description of me. I have described my blog as "Musings on life as a nameless thankless Singaporean creature"...

I am glad for you that you appreciate the humaness of the people around us. That is good for you. For me, my feelings are plain to see.