Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: Billingham wanna-buys!

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

wow u bought 2 hadley small? haha
    Sorry, maybe Abit misleading in mine post. Got only 1 small and 1 pro. Hahaha.

Default Re: Billingham wanna-buys!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    That is why in the olden time the bags were built to last by master craftmen with tender loving care.
    Now all are outsourced to foreign talents.
    It's a trend.... Nowadays, no manufacturer build things to last! Last time when police wear shorts, my father's TV, Fridge, Household stuff lasted us 20 years! The new generation TV, household appliances, regardless the technology, will just give up the ghost after 5-7 years. It makes sense from a business perspective, but not so for the consumer.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

bought my first Hadley Pro kahki canvas from Mr Chan today. Had a nice chat with him abt his history and have a feel on his 10+ years old hadley bag, still very lasting!

Hi,
    Looking for a pouch to house my
    Olympus E-P3 + Panasonic 25mm f1.4.

Any idea if the Avea 05 or the Delta pocket will be able to fit the above mentioned items? I am looking at this to throw it into my work bag.
    <<To be updated>> / Vivitar S1 70-210 f3.5

Seems like a very tight fit if you ask me.. I don't even think the body can fit. Billingham website has the size and its smaller than dimensions of the ep-3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
    Hi,
    Looking for a pouch to house my
    Olympus E-P3 + Panasonic 25mm f1.4.

Any idea if the Avea 05 or the Delta pocket will be able to fit the above mentioned items? I am looking at this to throw it into my work bag.

Hi everyone! Would a Hadley Small fit a canon 600d mounted with 18-55 or 15-85 and maybe with some spare room for 50mm? Am looking for a stylish walkabout bag. Scared Hadley pro would be too big for girls

fyi: i'm using a hadley small to carry my canon 600d mounted w/ 18-55, another slot can fit my 2nd lens 70-300 (the lens protrude abit at the top but can still snap close the flap if u get what i mean).
    still have 1 slot left to carry water bottle or umbrella or miscellanous items.. i find it a nice size for gals

Ohh that's great. So that means I can throw in my 55-250 too. Hmm... can seriously consider then

Can't find anyone selling what I want in B&S so ended up calling Mr PK Chan to buy brand new. Was initially set on getting the 307, but changed my mind after seeing the items in real life. Got this in the end:

To be frank, I am really amazed at how you guys can fit 2 zoom and flashlight with a body in the Hadley pro. The bag will bulk quite a bit. and it will be very awkward for me from what I see. I was sold on the Hadley large because I can use the bag for work purpose, and to hold my gears when I am out shooting. It happened that my work bag is about to give way already, and the Hadley Large seems a good 2 in 1 solution for me.

I use it to hold my 5D attached with 35L, another 77mm prime and 580exII on another side. That is already quite bulky even on the large. I picked this because there are 2 additional compartments where I can put my A4 size document for work, and these 2 compartments can store quite alot of them. I think what Mr Chan said is pretty true, different people different view, but the Hadley Pro does not make the cut for me for what I have. If I add in a telezoom, the bag will more or less reach full capacity, maybe can add a mini prime lens, and that's about it. The 307 did not make the cut for me because it looks more like a camera bag and is not suitable for my daily use.

Lastly, 5* for Mr Chan. Really nice guy. Guys who wanna buy Billingham locally, dun really need to waste time searching already. Just go straight to him for best buying experience I added the SP-40 strap for a very cool price too, and needed no 2nd thoughts I was glad I went to meet him. Should have done so earlier, save me time searching for pics on the net, which turned out to be, well, quite different from the real thing. It's always best to be able to feel and touch.

morning, am looking to purchase a 107.
    does anyone have a picture of someone carrying it, sling across the shoulder?
    just need a reference to convince myself to make the call.

hi folks, does mr chan has a shop that carry Billingham, so that we could try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by WideZoom
    hi folks, does mr chan has a shop that carry Billingham, so that we could try it out?
    His shop is his house around Kembangan. Go give him a call and molest the bags all you want!
    Nikon & Leica

Quote Originally Posted by Far far away View Post
    His shop is his house around Kembangan. Go give him a call and molest the bags all you want!
    heh heh heh sounds like a good suggestion!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

to folks using Hadley Small, is it able to fit a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens without much protrusion?

Quote Originally Posted by WideZoom View Post
    to folks using Hadley Small, is it able to fit a 70-200mm f/2.8 lens without much protrusion?
    I don think so. At least u need a pro but without attaching the lens to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer06

I don think so. At least u need a pro but without attaching the lens to the body.
    I agree. At least a pro or best, the large will do the job very well. Am using a Hadley large now and can hold my 70-200 OS HSM very well. No attached camera of course..
    Nikon & Leica

thanks folks for the replies. the large will be too big for my consideration.
    sadly the Small, f/1.4 and f/2.8 height seem cant fit the 70-200mm, so the only choice is Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by WideZoom
    thanks folks for the replies. the large will be too big for my consideration.
    sadly the Small, f/1.4 and f/2.8 height seem cant fit the 70-200mm, so the only choice is Pro.
    The large is perfect for me imho. The pro and small are too... small for my frame and does not provide much room for expansion as well. Plus if you carry more things will bulge out and it feels not so comfy for me.

I use my large for work too and it double up as a very nice document bag as well. Been neglecting my 307 as a result!
    Nikon & Leica

Im using Hadley small to fit my nikon d7000 with tamron 17-50 f2.8, a sb700 and a 35mm f1.8.All can fit in but you can't add in more things as it will be bulky.

Got my Hadley Small today from the friendly Mr Chan. Am enjoying the bag as it can hold all my gear nicely, more than what I expected.