Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: sony a700 or nikon d90?

  1. #61

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    Thanks for the help guys! My a700 is arriving this wednesday. i can't really wait to get a hand on it. Just contemplation on whether to get a 2nd hand CZ 16-80 or tamron 17-50. I think I need to read up more so I can compare.

    Btw, how to upgrade the firmware to V4? is there a step by step instructional guide on how to do it?

  2. #62

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    Quote Originally Posted by circuitboy View Post
    Thanks for the help guys! My a700 is arriving this wednesday. i can't really wait to get a hand on it. Just contemplation on whether to get a 2nd hand CZ 16-80 or tamron 17-50. I think I need to read up more so I can compare.

    Btw, how to upgrade the firmware to V4? is there a step by step instructional guide on how to do it?
    Both are excellent lenses. It's up to you if you need more low-light ability (f/2.8) or greater range and slightly better sharpness (CZ)

    The steps are posted in detail on the sony support site, where you can also download the firmware.
    Alpha

  3. #63

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    i will settle for tamron 17-50 and I think my budget will permit me for a 50mm f1.8(around $200) I have tried the lens last weekend and I feel it's better than canon 50mm prime lens which I owned and sold together w/ my 450d. The colors areonderful.it's not dull and most especially,most of the shots i made are spot on..sharp..

    any opinion/advice on these 2lens? should I buy the prime lens or just save up for a UWA lens? any sony/3rd party UWA lens that you can recommend at arounf $300-$500 budget?

  4. #64
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    Quote Originally Posted by circuitboy View Post
    i will settle for tamron 17-50 and I think my budget will permit me for a 50mm f1.8(around $200) I have tried the lens last weekend and I feel it's better than canon 50mm prime lens which I owned and sold together w/ my 450d. The colors areonderful.it's not dull and most especially,most of the shots i made are spot on..sharp..

    any opinion/advice on these 2lens? should I buy the prime lens or just save up for a UWA lens? any sony/3rd party UWA lens that you can recommend at arounf $300-$500 budget?
    Probably a 2nd hand Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM for $500 and above.

  5. #65

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    I finally have it! i just bought the tamron 17-55! i am very happy w/ my combination.

    Thanks to all who shared their experiences.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    Quote Originally Posted by circuitboy View Post
    I finally have it! i just bought the tamron 17-55! i am very happy w/ my combination.

    Thanks to all who shared their experiences.
    A700 + Tamron 17-50mm.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  7. #67

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    Congrats !! Time to start shooting and posting!

  8. #68
    Senior Member SK1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Changi
    Posts
    2,643

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    circuitboy,

    I just met a guy last evening who got his A700 yesterday. Seems to have gotten it for similar considerations as you. Believe both of you will be very satisfied with it. Any way, I came across a 3rd party grip for A700...but think it definitely can't match the original.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Battery-Grip-for...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by SK1968; 29th July 2009 at 01:48 PM.

  9. #69

    Default Re: sony a700 or nikon d90?

    HUAT AH another Alpha 700 USer! I wanted to psycho you but rashkae and brothers did. hehe!

    The Vertical grip is really good. Very nice to hold and MANY comfortable buttons within your reach...
    Last edited by junkai21; 31st August 2009 at 10:34 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •