Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My turn now..any part time job pls?

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    No offense here, but having that thought is a big no no

Was in the so-called F&B line years back, before my NS, for about 3 years plus. Waiter for about 8 mths, then captain for the rest, in western restaurants at IMM and Jurong Country Club, a French restaurant at Sunset Way, also work for catering and banquets. It's pretty fun most of the time, get to know lots of people and all kinds of funny behaviours, get to see what actually happen in the kitchen, learn how to cook, eat and eat non stop... yum yum, drink and drink when there are private functions (undertable of course ), so and so. Heh, it's endless!!

Every job has their pros and cons, and working as a waiter when you are young is definitely some good experience to have.

OK, now back to the real world, you might not even get a waiter job, in the current over-saturated market.
    haha..sounds so fun. Well, yahz, guess i was wrong abt the waiter part. If i offended anyone in that line, i apologise. Thanks togu for correcting my young and easily swayed brain!

Have receive a few offers from fellow clubsnappers, mainly photog assistants. I love clubsnap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wryer

Togu: yahz..market is bad! you know what, when i wanted to help in those chinese food restaurant for kitchen crew (aka dish washer ), they actually told me to go home and wait for call while they decide on the candidates!

Kaka, dish washer jobs are reserved for pple who need the offer more and are not able to work in other areas. And .... aunties are believed to do a better job.

http://classifieds.singnet.com.sg .. actually found 3 jobs over there that earned me around $3000 dollars this holiday! not bad for a 17 yrs old kid

currently working for this company doing web-development ( coldfusion ) .. and another company.. doing linux servers setup.. moonlighting =/

i guess.. if you have time? can pick up some web-development skills.. such as php and mysql.. alot of companies looking for web-developers now! and the applications they require you to write are not very tough, basically, adding information into database, deleting, editing, and viewing...

Quote Originally Posted by junyang
    http://classifieds.singnet.com.sg .. actually found 3 jobs over there that earned me around $3000 dollars this holiday! not bad for a 17 yrs old kid

currently working for this company doing web-development ( coldfusion ) .. and another company.. doing linux servers setup.. moonlighting =/

i guess.. if you have time? can pick up some web-development skills.. such as php and mysql.. alot of companies looking for web-developers now! and the applications they require you to write are not very tough, basically, adding information into database, deleting, editing, and viewing...
    wow. Good for u!
    But too bad i have no such knowledge...

Alternatively, you can sell christmas cards...

You get 10 christmas cards from this shop, each one costs around $2.50... then you sell the christmas cards for $5 - $10.. your own price.. but its not for charity.. then when you finish selling, or wanna stop already, just return them the cards that you haven't sold and pay them for the cards you've sold, $2.50 each...

Think it was listed on classifieds.. can contact me .. i send u the info

Quote Originally Posted by argent2
    if u like, my company is hiring students for admin work at $20/day

wah kao !!

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    wah kao !!
    hey hey dude, i know you are concerned..but that wasnt necessary yah? It wasnt her choice, its her company's rule...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    wah kao !!
    hmmmm ..... even if u find that the pay offered by some company iz not up to ur expectation, there iz not need for u go "wah kao " .....

will u do that in ur interview in the future ..... ?? ..... .....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    No offense here, but having that thought is a big no no

Was in the so-called F&B line years back, before my NS, for about 3 years plus. Waiter for about 8 mths, then captain for the rest, in western restaurants at IMM and Jurong Country Club, a French restaurant at Sunset Way, also work for catering and banquets. It's pretty fun most of the time, get to know lots of people and all kinds of funny behaviours, get to see what actually happen in the kitchen, learn how to cook, eat and eat non stop... yum yum, drink and drink when there are private functions (undertable of course ), so and so. Heh, it's endless!!

Every job has their pros and cons, and working as a waiter when you are young is definitely some good experience to have.

OK, now back to the real world, you might not even get a waiter job, in the current over-saturated market.
    hahaha .... waz a waiter b4 me went for my NS .....

it waz my 1zt job alzo. althou my floor manager waz very strict, me really learned a lot frm working there. met all sortz of pple alzo. hehehehe .....

working az a waiter iz not that bad actually. after working az a waiter, u will learn to appriciate their servicez next time u go n makan at a reztaurant.

Heh, that's true! For the past 8 years, never throw my temper at any waiters, regardless of whatever attitude they have.

Anyone else?? Thanks!!

My pay requirements arent very high..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12