Thread: Photoshop CS

Default Photoshop CS

Strangly enough, after using photoshop CS to convert my images, when I posted it up on pbase, exif info is no longer available. Any suggestions?
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Adobe's Thomas Knoll says

"Photoshop CS's metadata logic is based on XMP. ACR 2.0 transfers the exif data directly to Photoshop CS via XMP. You need to view the resulting images in an XMP aware viewer to see the EXIF data inside the XMP data block. So the EXIF data is there, not just in a form that older programs can see until they are updated to support XMP based metadata"

"Until XMP is more widely supported, the first "new camera support" update to Adobe Camera Raw 2.0 is slated to be modified to mirror the EXIF information to both the old EXIF tags and the new XMP structures. However, the schedule for this Camera Raw update release has not been announced."

The problem is finding an XMP aware viewer. All the good ones don't support it yet. It kinds of makes the Adobe Raw Converter useless if you want to retain EXIF information in the old format.

Next version of ACR/PS CS update with more camera raw support should have an option to save EXIF in the traditional way.

When? I think it'll be in Q1 2004 after PMA 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind
    Next version of ACR/PS CS update with more camera raw support should have an option to save EXIF in the traditional way.

When? I think it'll be in Q1 2004 after PMA 2004.
    Thanks for the info guys. So for now, I suppose I'll have to manually put in the info.
    Wissen Sie, wer ich bin?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/yp-wang/

Quote Originally Posted by vince
    Strangly enough, after using photoshop CS to convert my images, when I posted it up on pbase, exif info is no longer available. Any suggestions?
    Use Image Ready when saving your JPG (ie. last step in workflow) and Exif data will be there (need to change the Saving Options first though).