Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pentax K-7 ads

Default Re: Pentax K-7 ads

In that case, Pentax made a mistake in producing a WR camera, since photographers cannot go under the rain.
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Camera is weather resistant but not the photographers
    Not a problem. Just deck the photographer in rain gear, while the camera has none. Rather than wrapped up those cumbersome and accessible-unfriendly rainhoods and stuff --> other brands.

since we have our pentaxian t-shirts already, let's make a pentaxian poncho/raincoat.. weather-sealing for the photographer!

Quote Originally Posted by sbc View Post
    While it is good to see a Pentax advert (finally), I don't quite like the picture in it. I think it would be more meaningful if MJ got us all to pose using the K-7 in the rain (use a water hose, if no rain) ....
    More interesting pose would be a studio shot of model throwing a pail of water at the photographers and everyone running away, pulling out umbrella/raincoats/etc while the Pentax photographers brave the splash for the shot.

Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post
    More interesting pose would be a studio shot of model throwing a pail of water at the photographers and everyone running away, pulling out umbrella/raincoats/etc while the Pentax photographers brave the splash for the shot.
    If you have a model, I think it make more sense to have the model pose with the K7 under a shower....

*nosebleed*

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    A bit of an over-claim, don't you think?

"Perfection" - Nope. No camera is ever perfect.
    "Powerful" - Compared to what? Canon 1Ds Mk 3? Nikon D3x?
    "Weather Resistant" - Any tests to prove?
    "Compact" - Smaller than Olympus E-450?

"Simply Inspirational" - Does this imply that I will be inspired to produce better photographs suddenly? Or does it mean other camera manufacturers will be inspired to copy them?

"Finally, digital photography now comes alive in your hands" - So, previous to K-7, digital photography with my other DSLRs was not alive in my hands? Hmm... how does digital photography "come alive" anyway?

Not sure about the inspired part... but I definitely perspired doing all the tests on this camera.

" Perfection as it seems when i slowly laid my hands across its body... Can it be? Can this be 'The' one?
    The one that allows me to unveil my Powerful mind... ignoring the cosmetically bigger time-beaten boxes of Burden?
    The pattering drops surrounding us shows no mercy as it continue trying drowning my Axe of Truth.
    Dark ash-filled liquid failed to dampened my spirit as my found again inspiration 'weather-resistance' me while my Axe...
    ...its compact yet un-dwarf by the cracking thunder with its lighting-fast movement; needs no hiding in no crumple suit.

Me & my Axe... Man and Machine as One... Alive. "

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Camera is weather resistant but not the photographers
    suggestion to pentax

please build in pop up umbrella instead of popup flash

Quote Originally Posted by alanswan View Post
    Neat.

Make it ONE Pentaxian braving the splash. More focussed image.

Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    Neat.

Make it ONE Pentaxian braving the splash. More focussed image.
    make him wear red as well, the rest wear dull color

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    If you have a model, I think it make more sense to have the model pose with the K7 under a shower....

*nosebleed*
    More eye-catching for sure, but to me, too "unnatural" and too stereotypical XMM-and-model-car like. We want 'serious' photographers in our cult. :P

should have a scene where it is stormy weather, then the pentaxian photographer is out there shooting with his camera in the rain, with all the other brand photographers huddling in one corner and looking envious

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    make him wear red as well, the rest wear dull color
    Haha, super!

Better still, yeah.

Let's hope Emjay folks are taking notes!

should have a scene where it is stormy weather, then the pentaxian photographer is out there shooting with his camera in the rain, with all the other brand photographers huddling in one corner and looking envious
    Yah, and that's coming back to square one when I suggested it earlier somewhere else. And it's a very, very obvious concept, which you've refined, so no credit taking for it on my part.

Yah, and that's coming back to square one when I suggested it earlier somewhere else. And it's a very, very obvious concept, which you've refined, so no credit taking for it on my part.
    can take it one step further in singapore...

the pentax photographer shooting landscape and other more serious things in the rain, with the other brand photographers drooling and fawning over super-xmm xmm in the shelter.. while nosebleeding all over the floor..

can take it one step further in singapore...

the pentax photographer shooting landscape and other more serious things in the rain, with the other brand photographers drooling and fawning over super-xmm xmm in the shelter.. while nosebleeding all over the floor..
    can i be shooting the xmm in the rain...

wah i can visualize the scene.... close up on the right hand carrying the K-7...rain dripping...slowly moving up till the photographer's shouder...with the photograher back facing...model in the background with an atitude...see through white dress ... further back a bunch of onlookers in the shelter looking hopelessly desperate to shoot...sweet
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

suggestion to pentax

please build in pop up umbrella instead of popup flash
    The umbrella is a very good light modifier... but so long as it isn't Pentax red... if not become red-light shoot

Anyone can come up with the creative concept... but the art director still needs someone to execute the concept into reality...

Quote Originally Posted by sbc View Post
    While it is good to see a Pentax advert (finally), I don't quite like the picture in it. I think it would be more meaningful if MJ got us all to pose using the K-7 in the rain (use a water hose, if no rain) ....
    I doubt anyone would want to see out of shape men in wet t-shirts. Gals on the other hand...
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

Are you guys crazy? Shooting in the rain? Did you see the lightning coming out of the K-7 in the ad?

But nevertheless, it shows that Pentax is not hinding from the adverts,(not necessary the rain) and with more sense of presense, in decades, this is the first time the logistics bloodflow of pentax SLR got it pre-ordered before they even landed at any retails. at least no matter how it sounds, it definitely makes you think what is going on with Pentax... in Emjay hands. This may be only the begining for an exciting brand. At least we got a distributor that scream Pentax is here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast