Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    so far, joanna wang is the best from asia (maybe due to me a norah jones fan).
    the others are carrinne may, zee avi & olivia ong.
    zee avi is the bomb, im so proud of her

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    zee avi is the bomb, im so proud of her

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Hey.

I also like Corrine May and Olivia. Powerful voices.
    me too! i also like JW.

I like the way Olivia sing first of may.

So, can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Does ur sis friend know how to operate DSLR?
    If not, what is the point for asking him to be your AP?
    IMHO, it might not be useful if he is totally noob about photography.
    HAHA. Fret not. He does. He was the official photographer during his Civil Defence stint. So I assume he does have some basic or even more knowledge and experience shooting events than me. I have zilch, so if there's anyone not living up to the expectation it would be me.

Furthermore, for those who knows the situation I'm in, yesh im just shooting my cousin's wedding out of goodwill hehe. So not much standards to attain but im just trying to produce as best as I could =D

Anyways, so anyone have any recommendations or suggestions, AP's judgements aside, like what i should rent with regards to my current arsenal. I am kinda excited, i've played around with bounced flash for a family gathering and it is impressive. 2 more weeks to practice.

Its either i rent a better body and lens or make do with what i have to use this as a benchmark of my camera's capabilities. Right now, this dude don't have his gears with him so we are scouting for another set of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    So, can someone help me?

HAHA. Fret not. He does. He was the official photographer during his Civil Defence stint. So I assume he does have some basic or even more knowledge and experience shooting events than me. I have zilch, so if there's anyone not living up to the expectation it would be me.

Furthermore, for those who knows the situation I'm in, yesh im just shooting my cousin's wedding out of goodwill hehe. So not much standards to attain but im just trying to produce as best as I could =D

Anyways, so anyone have any recommendations or suggestions, AP's judgements aside, like what i should rent with regards to my current arsenal. I am kinda excited, i've played around with bounced flash for a family gathering and it is impressive. 2 more weeks to practice.

Its either i rent a better body and lens or make do with what i have to use this as a benchmark of my camera's capabilities. Right now, this dude don't have his gears with him so we are scouting for another set of kit.
    50D.

L Lenses for better IQ. Telephoto for long reach. Wide Angle for wide and table shots if any. Btw, 18mm is not wide enough for table shots. Ideally, I have one 16-35 with me.

50D.

L Lenses for better IQ. Telephoto for long reach. Wide Angle for wide and table shots if any. Btw, 18mm is not wide enough for table shots. Ideally, I have one 16-35 with me.
    Someone advised me to get the 5D and 24-70 2.8L

I think the I'll be much more comfortable with 50D , 5D seems so pro level already hehe. I shall rent another wide angle since malay weddings got the group shots alot lol. Perhaps a fisheye, hehe. Wak thinking of a prime of 1.4 aperture too.

50D.

10-22mm would be better.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Talking Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

Back from BKK!!!

got a sweet gal to take pic with me...

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Back from BKK!!!

got get her num so u can visit her again next time

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    got get her num so u can visit her again next time
    no wor....not a problem..cos BKK got alot more xmm!!! Ooo....

no wor....not a problem..cos BKK got alot more xmm!!! Ooo....
    i am going to bkk this sept... but dun think i am brave enough to go up to them to ask to take pics together

just sold my kit lens... now only left 50mm f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    10-22mm would be better.
    10-22 is a little bit too wide, isn't it?

IMO, table shots dunnit that wide unless one table sits like 20++ ppl.

Back from BKK!!!

Just returned from interior design shoot.

It's like omg please.

First went to a MNC company above heeren, it's was nothing that I see of before. No pics to show for this as there's a lot of workers around.

Then went to one of the employee's house of the company @ Coronation Road. Fwah. Unbelieveable sight. Pics taken with my 5MP SE G900. Shall show you all later.

Just returned from interior design shoot.

It's like omg please.

First went to a MNC company above heeren, it's was nothing that I see of before. No pics to show for this as there's a lot of workers around.

Then went to one of the employee's house of the company @ Coronation Road. Fwah. Unbelieveable sight. Pics taken with my 5MP SE G900. Shall show you all later.
    Is the company Vitol?

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Is the company Vitol?
    Wah. How come you know ah.

Wah. How come you know ah.
    he could be the one who decided on you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    he could be the one who decided on you guys?
    I'm just there to assist so nv bring my DSLR along. Haha! Anyway the company interior is damn nice loh. Like seriously.

I'm just there to assist so nv bring my DSLR along. Haha! Anyway the company interior is damn nice loh. Like seriously.
    As an outsider, you are very lucky to have the chance to see Vitol's office. They are one of the World's leading oil traders and a major player in Singapore.

If the house of the employee's house is one of the traders, I guess it must have been impressive