Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212629303132333641 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 984

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

  1. #601
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    i think im selling away my 55-250mm, getting sigma

  2. #602
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    i think im selling away my 55-250mm, getting sigma
    Y do u want to sell away 55-250mm IS lens?
    I think that it is better than the Sigma alternative lens.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  3. #603

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    i think im selling away my 55-250mm, getting sigma
    y selling??

    anyway if u are selling.. how much are u selling

  4. #604
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    to get a dry cabi with the downgrade. cause i feel theres not much difference between this two lens.
    im not sure. still got warranty, maybe im selling 330 if anyone interested.


    btw.

    hmm ive asked my sisters friend to be my AP for my cousins wedding, now he said he has not camera . LMAO

    so anyone got any rental shops to recommend. if yes, which body and lens should i get for him?
    im thinking i rent a better cam for myself then let him use my 450D nyeh

  5. #605
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    she is good! worth listening to!
    Joanna Wang

  6. #606
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    to get a dry cabi with the downgrade. cause i feel theres not much difference between this two lens.
    im not sure. still got warranty, maybe im selling 330 if anyone interested.


    btw.

    hmm ive asked my sisters friend to be my AP for my cousins wedding, now he said he has not camera . LMAO

    so anyone got any rental shops to recommend. if yes, which body and lens should i get for him?
    im thinking i rent a better cam for myself then let him use my 450D nyeh
    Does ur sis friend know how to operate DSLR?
    If not, what is the point for asking him to be your AP?
    IMHO, it might not be useful if he is totally noob about photography.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  7. #607
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    she is good! worth listening to!
    Joanna Wang
    Bro, thanks for sharing.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  8. #608
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Does ur sis friend know how to operate DSLR?
    If not, what is the point for asking him to be your AP?
    IMHO, it might not be useful if he is totally noob about photography.
    Straight to the point.

  9. #609
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Bro, thanks for sharing.
    no prob! got to know her when i was in KL recently....

  10. #610
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Straight to the point.
    That's just what I feel.
    I had some bad experience last time when I shoot wedding events and I have been disturbed by some noobs during the events.
    It was quite irritating IMHO especially u r the formal photographer.
    Just my 2 cents.
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  11. #611
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Does ur sis friend know how to operate DSLR?
    If not, what is the point for asking him to be your AP?
    IMHO, it might not be useful if he is totally noob about photography.
    i beg to differ. i have seen a AD PG's work that's worst than a newbie. trust me!
    a newbie which i believe composition can be excused, but able to produce a consistently good exposures compare to the AD PG. well the trick is use ISO800, f5.6, 1/60s (means all in manual mode) throughout. only thing the newbie needs to know is to get focus-shoot or focus-shift-shoot.

  12. #612
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    That's just what I feel.
    I had some bad experience last time when I shoot wedding events and I have been disturbed by some noobs during the events.
    It was quite irritating IMHO especially u r the formal photographer.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Well said.

  13. #613
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    i beg to differ. i have seen a AD PG's work that's worst than a newbie. trust me!
    a newbie which i believe composition can be excused, but able to produce a consistently good exposures compare to the AD PG. well the trick is use ISO800, f5.6, 1/60s (means all in manual mode) throughout. only thing the newbie needs to know is to get focus-shoot or focus-shift-shoot.
    Woah.

  14. #614
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    i beg to differ. i have seen a AD PG's work that's worst than a newbie. trust me!
    a newbie which i believe composition can be excused, but able to produce a consistently good exposures compare to the AD PG. well the trick is use ISO800, f5.6, 1/60s (means all in manual mode) throughout. only thing the newbie needs to know is to get focus-shoot or focus-shift-shoot.
    I am not refering to the newbie.
    I have also seen some newbie's work is much better than the AD PG's work.
    But if the newbie dun even know how to focus, that will be the problem.
    Sometime, newbie will have some special creativity works and I was quite impressed with their ideas also.
    Btw, I am also newbie ya....
    450D/17-50 F2.8 HSM OS/50 F1.8/430EXII/85 F1.8/BenroA300EX/55-250 IS/ 35mm F2

  15. #615
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    I am not refering to the newbie.
    I have also seen some newbie's work is much better than the AD PG's work.
    But if the newbie dun even know how to focus, that will be the problem.
    Sometime, newbie will have some special creativity works and I was quite impressed with their ideas also.
    Btw, I am also newbie ya....
    the newbie i referred to only had a crashed course a day before the actual day & never held a dslr before. only thing she learnt was to focus-shoot/focus-lock-shoot.

  16. #616
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JPLim View Post
    Does ur sis friend know how to operate DSLR?
    If not, what is the point for asking him to be your AP?
    IMHO, it might not be useful if he is totally noob about photography.
    HAHA. Fret not. He does. He was the official photographer during his Civil Defence stint. So I assume he does have some basic or even more knowledge and experience shooting events than me. I have zilch, so if there's anyone not living up to the expectation it would be me.

    Furthermore, for those who knows the situation I'm in, yesh im just shooting my cousin's wedding out of goodwill hehe. So not much standards to attain but im just trying to produce as best as I could =D

    Anyways, so anyone have any recommendations or suggestions, AP's judgements aside, like what i should rent with regards to my current arsenal. I am kinda excited, i've played around with bounced flash for a family gathering and it is impressive. 2 more weeks to practice.

    Its either i rent a better body and lens or make do with what i have to use this as a benchmark of my camera's capabilities. Right now, this dude don't have his gears with him so we are scouting for another set of kit.

    Right now, my style is very the artistic lol, so need him to cover the more realistic part of the event.





    Last edited by velasco; 20th July 2009 at 09:22 AM.

  17. #617
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    just got a buyer for my 18-200 kit lens going to buy my first L lens (17-40) soon

    just curious... does it comes with hood or had to purchase separately?

  18. #618
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    just got a buyer for my 18-200 kit lens going to buy my first L lens (17-40) soon

    just curious... does it comes with hood or had to purchase separately?
    It's included.

  19. #619
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    It's included.
    ohh cool.

  20. #620

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    ohh cool.
    All L lens comes with Hood and Pouch. But if don't wish to 'injured' ur hood, can buy 3rd party hood to use. Very cheap.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •