Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 11 ~ Finally!!!

Bro, thank you and Faizal for arranging this. I really hope I can join you guys, but I a will be away to Bali

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    C.o.P Quay Photowalk & NDP Photography Outing

Date: 18 July
    Meeting Place: Clarke Quay Central
    Time: 5.00pm

Fedo and myself are part of the Scott Kelby's Photowalk but if any of you are interested just to tag along, feel free. If our group size is big enough then I think we can just split up and do our own SSS or head to chop place earlier for NDP shoots - Fly Past, Aerial Displays etc.

Interest List:

1. RyanG
    2. fedodedo

Interested, please add to the list. Join join join.
    Mio Cade flickr

Quote Originally Posted by ardaan View Post
    Bro, thank you and Faizal for arranging this. I really hope I can join you guys, but I a will be away to Bali
    No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlpha View Post
    there is a reason..
    if u notice.. but den again.. cant say here la.. sensitive.
    I know what you mean. Specific countries for specific reasons. Hehe!

But I seriously think me, armour go Brunei is totally bullshyt.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    C.o.P Quay Photowalk & NDP Photography Outing

Date: 18 July
    Meeting Place: Clarke Quay Central
    Time: 5.00pm

Fedo and myself are part of the Scott Kelby's Photowalk but if any of you are interested just to tag along, feel free. If our group size is big enough then I think we can just split up and do our own SSS or head to chop place earlier for NDP shoots - Fly Past, Aerial Displays etc.

Interest List:

1. RyanG
    2. fedodedo

Interested, please add to the list. Join join join.
    i guess i will be tbc... i will be around chinatown/raffles place area though before 5pm.

Hi guys~ Casual shooter here~
    I bought a 450D Kit I at expo at the beginning of the year.
    Studies and work took up majority of my time so didn't spent much time on photography.
    Went to the cosfest yesterday... Then i realised that my basic kit I is smply... too basic.

Too much queries on my noobish mind. Can all the pros here enlighten me and answer some of my qns?

1) Regret getting 18-55.. Should get 18-200 in the first place. Should i get another zoom lens? My friend told me that 3rd parties lenses like sigma and tamron faces this front and back focus issue abeit the cheaper pricing. He told me that i should get back the canon lenses instead. So any recommendation?

2) Is flash really important? I'm a casual shooter. I shoot anything that comes to my mind.

3) Filter? Should i get filters? I like skys and ocean alot also. GND?? What about cable release? My tripod is a free gift. Can hold a 18-55 lens with no issue, not too sure for other lenses. It's pretty light.

My shots range from close up shot of cookie to ECP scenary to WCP night shots. All in all an amateur trying to take everything. Any advice? How should i progress and what should i get? Pretty much sick of the limitation posted by the 18-55 lens but at times quite contend with a DSLR.

Oh btw, i'm involve in this year's NDP. Can come take pic of our color party =X

Quote Originally Posted by frostiee View Post
    Studies and work took up majority of my time so didn't spent much time on photography.
    Went to the cosfest yesterday... Then i realised that my basic kit I is smply... too basic.

Too much queries on my noobish mind. Can all the pros here enlighten me and answer some of my qns?

1) Regret getting 18-55.. Should get 18-200 in the first place. Should i get another zoom lens? My friend told me that 3rd parties lenses like sigma and tamron faces this front and back focus issue abeit the cheaper pricing. He told me that i should get back the canon lenses instead. So any recommendation?

2) Is flash really important? I'm a casual shooter. I shoot anything that comes to my mind.

3) Filter? Should i get filters? I like skys and ocean alot also. GND?? What about cable release? My tripod is a free gift. Can hold a 18-55 lens with no issue, not too sure for other lenses. It's pretty light.

My shots range from close up shot of cookie to ECP scenary to WCP night shots. All in all an amateur trying to take everything. Any advice? How should i progress and what should i get? Pretty much sick of the limitation posted by the 18-55 lens but at times quite contend with a DSLR.
    1) For 3rd party lenses, its more of reverse-engineer issue. Compatibility issue might occur when you try old 3rd party lenses with new DSLR. For the focusing problem, just make sure that you make the effort to test it out before purchase. Of course, if you can afford Canon lenses, why not?

2) Depends on what you're shooting, flash can be useful at times.
    Last edited by Yoh; 14th July 2009 at 12:15 AM.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Oh btw, i'm involve in this year's NDP. Can come take pic of our color party =X
    Keep your kit and invest in more lenses later.

If you want to take landscapes then you need a wider focal length usually < 16mm and set of CPL, ND, GND filters.

A good tripod for night landscape is important and if you upgrade your lens later on, your free tripod will definitely be of no use anymore.

Flash. Essential but not a neccessity until you do a lot of events and stuff. Portraiture etc.

Part of NDP. Woah. What is color party? Me only want actual day, 9 Aug tickets. Haha!

hah im involve in ndp too!

Quote Originally Posted by gusto View Post
    got free tkt too??

hi there. let mi try to ans some of ur question...
    1)first of all u say u went to the cosfest ytd.. haha.. i was also there... i'm also using 450D + kit lens 18-55 for the whole event.. althought it cant zoom that far but u can also try to stand forward a little to get the close up.
    2)as said by ryan (Essential but not a neccessity until you do a lot of events and stuff) i agree with him... i just got an ext flash and it prove it is worth it...
    3)i dunno anything abt filter as i'm onli using UV filter onli...
    nw i'm thinking of geting the 28-75 instead of 18-200...

Quote Originally Posted by gusto View Post
    can i also get the ticket???
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    hi there. let mi try to ans some of ur question...
    1)first of all u say u went to the cosfest ytd.. haha.. i was also there... i'm also using 450D + kit lens 18-55 for the whole event.. althought it cant zoom that far but u can also try to stand forward a little to get the close up.
    2)as said by ryan (Essential but not a neccessity until you do a lot of events and stuff) i agree with him... i just got an ext flash and it prove it is worth it...
    3)i dunno anything abt filter as i'm onli using UV filter onli...
    nw i'm thinking of geting the 28-75 instead of 18-200...
    Manual zoom using your legs.

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 ftw.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Manual zoom using your legs.

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 ftw.
    haha yup.. manual zoom using leg.. unless u wanna shoot anything at the stage then i cant do anything but change my lens to 55-250.

wad is this ftw? yu i'm getting this Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 next month if i save enough. haha...

haha yup.. manual zoom using leg.. unless u wanna shoot anything at the stage then i cant do anything but change my lens to 55-250.

wad is this ftw? yu i'm getting this Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 next month if i save enough. haha...
    ftw = "For The Win"

P e r s p e c t i v e

ftw = "For The Win"

yup.... ftw.. normally go event also no need for wide angle so 28-75mm should be more than enough...

yup.... ftw.. normally go event also no need for wide angle so 28-75mm should be more than enough...
    Depending on what kind of event.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Depending on what kind of event.
    yup true.. if u wanna go for wedding event that i haven been to so i dunno la.. normal outdoor event should be fine.. is there other type of event i miss out?

yup true.. if u wanna go for wedding event that i haven been to so i dunno la.. normal outdoor event should be fine.. is there other type of event i miss out?
    Group shots etc.

Nevertheless, this lens worth getting.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

Group shots etc.

Nevertheless, this lens worth getting.
    haha.. ok la... if group shots of ppl over let say 50. that is so seldom rite?

haha.. ok la... if group shots of ppl over let say 50. that is so seldom rite?
    Factors such as distance etc are to be considered. Don't really need people of that amount to see the limitation.
    P e r s p e c t i v e