Thread: Looking for photo manager which displays large thumbnails

Default Looking for photo manager which displays large thumbnails

Maybe this is a stupid question, but does anyone know of any software which can display large thumbnails (maybe 400x600 dpi).

When I refer to large thumbnails, my preference would be to have 4, 6 or even 9 thumbnails tiled on a full screen with the option of deleting one or several of the photos by selecting the thumbnail.

This is to help compare and remove “bad” photos taken in close succession of or similar content. Example of what I am talking about is as follows (this was done with fastone, but as discussed below, this is not ideal):-

http://www.drkrishi.com/wp-content/u...ne-compare.jpg

Ideally as one photo is deleted, it should be replaced with another thumbnail and you should also be able to scroll forward and back through the thumbnails of your photos.

I have tried the following software:-

Fastone (freeware) – closest solution with its compare feature, as per link above (which lets you choose 4 photos to compare on full screen and you can delete one by one). But you have to select the 4 photos, and it takes time to load them, these are not thumbnails, but all full sized images. Otherwise thumbnail size at the main section of fastone is limited to 150x200 dpi.

Picasa (freeware) - largest thumbnail size is still small. Roughly 9 photos per screen (with large gaps between them) and the remainder of the screen is filled with folder tree and other information. If this unnecessary information could be removed, and the thumbnails increased in size, it would be pretty close to perfect.

http://softwareforlearning.tki.org.n...ain-window.gif

ACDSEE - similar problem to Picasa

Windows Photo Manager - same restriction on thumbnail size

Anyone got suggestions? Would not be surprised is iphoto does it, but alas not a mac user. (freeware would always be nice)

Brother Bob

Default Re: Looking for photo manager which displays large thumbnails

why look someway else?

Nikon ViewNX can do that, you can tag them with many labels, and show only selected images, different size of thumbnails and much more, and it is FREE.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Photo Mechanic. The best out there.

agree with eeyern.. photomechanic can do what u mention on ur 1st post .. and 1 of the best programme which can load both jpeg + Raw very fast in both windows and mac enviroment.

All the adobe softwares can do that also if i am not wrong.. LR, Bridge, CS etc

Thanks for all the fast responses. It seems my question might have been stupid after all.

Will try the suggested software.

Brother Bob

Another that will do all you want (for free!) is IrfanView.