Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a dslr... 1000d or 450d?

Default Re: Getting a dslr... 1000d or 450d?

Quote Originally Posted by postal View Post
    Hey guys... I bought 1000d instead from john 3:16 for $890. It comes with the kit lens, 8gb card and a bag. The services from them is very good! Spent at least half a day at the shop sia... Learn many stuff and have a chance to try their prime lens - canon 50 mm f1.8. Hehe... that is going to be the next lens that I wanna buy...

Thanks u guys for the advices!
    The $200 u saved over the 450D will buy the 50mm 1.8 with spare change too!
    enjoy...

Hey guys... I really do plan to buy a prime lens of 50mm f1.8. Great minds do think alike! wahaha! I know one of the main difference is the spot metering. Give it a try at cathay and i don't find it easy and useful... Compare it with partial metering and it gives me quit similiar results... though spot metering will be more accurate. Partial is abt 9% of the viewfinder while spot metering is abt 3%.

Anyway, I am still newbie mah... so wanna try try a entry level DSLR. When I more pro liao will consider a xxD de...

400D without a doubt. There are too many reasons for me to type out here. Abit lazy ya. But 2 huge factors are the CF card and the color reproduction.
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by postal View Post
    Hey guys... I bought 1000d instead from john 3:16 for $890. It comes with the kit lens, 8gb card and a bag. The services from them is very good! Spent at least half a day at the shop sia... Learn many stuff and have a chance to try their prime lens - canon 50 mm f1.8. Hehe... that is going to be the next lens that I wanna buy...

Thanks u guys for the advices!
    Congrats in your buy.
    I would say 1000D is enough for newbie like us to learn liao.
    Cos the spot metering for us, we don't really know how to use it.
    Not often luh huh.
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12