Thread: RamDisk

Default RamDisk

Hi,

recent I have been trying to improve performance of PS CS4 by adding to 6Gb of ram. I know win Xp only sees 3.5Gb max. So I used this software call SuperSpeed ramDisk to use up those ram not seen by XP. This can be used as scratch disk.

However when set ram disk as a HDD partition, it will not show up in My Computer.
    Any one done this before? It used to work before I upgrade the ram. And yes, bios detect all 6Gb.

Hope you can share with me your know how.

Thanks.

Dave Koh

Default Re: RamDisk

AFAIK, if the kernel doesn't recognize the RAM no other program running under the kernel can utilize / address this memory. Since the kernel is 32bit your chances are very low.
    Get the 64bit version and reinstall the OS. Always good for Windows to get a fresh installation once per year.

Most will recommend WIN Vista 64 instead of WIN XP 64.

i would recommend WinXP 64 over vista. Vista is just a FAILED project by microsoft.

i think you should wait for windows 7 unless you can't wait then xp. vista is crap.

Am currently using http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...omment-page-1/ under XP SP3 Using that as my FF cache and IE cache as well as CS4 scratch disk.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by ahsamhui View Post
    Hi,

So I used this software call SuperSpeed ramDisk to use up those ram not seen by XP. This can be used as scratch disk.
    Where to buy this software in Singapore

I am using Eboost version 3.01 on my work laptop. 512MB RAM. Seems speed up abit.

I thought ramdisk is to convert some of yr ram into temporary HDD space for you to store files like internet temp files.. To fully utilize the 6GB why dun u try the new window 7?

It is not a new concept.
    Long ago, maybe in the DOS/CPM days, a software called Lightning did the same thing.
    The main advantage is not extra storage space.
    It is super fast speed of program execution.