Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 183

Thread: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

  1. #141
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Actually you're the No.1 expert

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I no expert in OT leh.....


  2. #142

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Actually you're the No.1 expert
    That I have to agree. Sion has the ability to OT any thread with a single post, no matter how serious the topic is.

    2 thumbs up

  3. #143
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    That is actually quite unfortunate and regrettable because there are still people who wish to discuss the topic at hand rather than obviously derailment OT. Incidental/related OTs still not so bad, but some are really off the wall.

    I guess the mods may need to review the policies on OT and what sort of message is to be sent to forummers here.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    That I have to agree. Sion has the ability to OT any thread with a single post, no matter how serious the topic is.

    2 thumbs up

  4. #144
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    That I have to agree. Sion has the ability to OT any thread with a single post, no matter how serious the topic is.

    2 thumbs up
    That I have to learn from OT師父.

    OT功夫 is a fine art that takes years of practice to perfect.


  5. #145

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    you say leh, sometimes got people can turn any discussion into their pet topic, also

    SAMA SAMA

  6. #146
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    you say leh, sometimes got people can turn any discussion into their pet topic, also

    SAMA SAMA
    Your pet topic is 少林功夫.

    And you turn any discussion into 少林功夫. Right?

  7. #147

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    That is actually quite unfortunate and regrettable because there are still people who wish to discuss the topic at hand rather than obviously derailment OT. Incidental/related OTs still not so bad, but some are really off the wall.

    I guess the mods may need to review the policies on OT and what sort of message is to be sent to forummers here.
    It could be beneficial maybe to create a complain subsection in the services category (or even a new category by itself) or something like that.

    At least, with such a category containing only this kind of posts, it would be easy to spot the frequency of some topics, whether one needs a big camera, a small camera also can, bad models, good models, bad photographers, good photographers etc. By combining the feedback together, people wishing to respond to it, people wishing to built something useful out of it could get involved rather than dealing with such things in copitiam..

    My 2cents while being seriously OT.

    -- Marios

  8. #148

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Your pet topic is 少林功夫.

    And you turn any discussion into 少林功夫. Right?
    Sniff, don't speak the language.. must wait for the wife to translate

    -- Marios

  9. #149
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Yup, this sounds like a workable idea. But only solves part of the OT issue; which will still permeate the other areas.

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    It could be beneficial maybe to create a complain subsection in the services category (or even a new category by itself) or something like that.

    At least, with such a category containing only this kind of posts, it would be easy to spot the frequency of some topics, whether one needs a big camera, a small camera also can, bad models, good models, bad photographers, good photographers etc. By combining the feedback together, people wishing to respond to it, people wishing to built something useful out of it could get involved rather than dealing with such things in copitiam..

    My 2cents while being seriously OT.

    -- Marios

  10. #150

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    sigh.........................

    Might as well say transformers getting married, looking for big enough camera that can shoot them....

  11. #151

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyoexpress View Post
    I hate to say this but i have attented a few weddings of my relatives and friends these recent mths, Saw photographers carry big ex lens and bodys like 5d, 5dm11 1ds mark III or whatever looks pro. I dunno how photographers in sg practice these days, shooting at Super high ISO daylight and dinner time, nearly all the pictures are unacceptable in my point of view. The composition is totally "any how shoot" type. Can really throw away all the pictures. Perhaps out of 100, only 1-2 is acceptable. They silly pple never even capture the "tea" session properly, werid angle, cant see head! Vertical Full pictures without legs for the bride and groom... *Faint*

    I am quiet disapointed with these photographers. Carrying pro equipments doesnt mean pro... which mislead many pple who think pple who carry big lens and cameras are pro... I can even take much better pictures using my HANDPHONE~~!

    I felt really upset for their weddings which is totally spoilt by these unprofessionally pple mimic themselves by using good equipments and make em look pro so they can earn a living, cant imaging the photographers still dare to charge $$$ for such lousy works...

    Lousy unsharp pictures, Lousy composition, Lousy High ISO Quality photos *Even using 1ds mark3, shoot terrible expression at guests...

    I hate to say that but it really terrible to know there are pple working out there cheating without pride...


    I suggest those who think that using pro equipment could lead you to make money without even brushing up the skills, you are wrong, wake up PLS... Dun be selfish and rune others Happy weddings. Its quiet sad when they see the pictures u know. But no choice, paid and cannot reverse too...

    Skills is much much more important that equipments~ Good photographers can take better pictures using kit lens than lousy pple who uses pro cameras n lens.
    I can only think, how were these photographers selected?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  12. #152

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Wow, after my long escaped from shutterbugs scene, this thread had really progressed far.

    OK, i certainly hope the TS had gotten a good idea from many renowned experts here.

    As I am but a young man, i can only concur that wedding photography is the communication between the businessman and his/her clients. If one picks a good photographer because "they" say "he is good," it can often end up in mismatched expectations.

    AND, as a third party, one should avoid passing hurting remarks to the couple. Condemning the photos would imply a bloody screwed-up wedding. And this will be "the" wedding album they have to live with for the next 50years or more! Give them a break and please be more tactful in delivering comments.

    Imagine digging out your parents wedding photos and use horrible words condemning how bloody silly they were being portrayed compared to modern image creation skills. How would your parents feel? In the first place, give the couple some respect while delivering comments. They made a choice and they have to live with it for life. What you want them to do? Getting full refund will not recover the verbal damages done.

    Remember, this is the aftermath. The TS might have just rubbed salt into a cracked skin.
    Spoken like a wise old man

    okok, where is the TS. Accordingly, he had been on line, but he did not venture back into his thread ... hmmmmm
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #153

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Spoken like a wise old man

    okok, where is the TS. Accordingly, he had been on line, but he did not venture back into his thread ... hmmmmm
    some ppl just enjoy doing such, open smelly can of food and run away.

  14. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    time to close the thread since this TS has gone missing...

  15. #155

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Erm...why must close the thread just because TS is not replying. I thought it's standard that whenever pictures of proof are requested, the TS will always run away.

    This is kopitiam, just let the thread die by natural cause lah. Anyway, this is just my own opinion

  16. #156

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    I came across this thread on a foreign forum making the EXACT same complaint as TS. But the guy actually posted photos to proof his point. Seems like such cases happen to the ang mohs too

    Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but for those interested, here is it:
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=719269

  17. #157

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Wow, thats a lot of slamming. I can imagine what other info will be purged out next.

    Third party beetching is often quite common. Sometimes the sibling of the couple will make the most noise as he/she might be the next in line to tie the knot.

    So, why not let the wedded couple settle with the photographer?

    Besides, no one really knew what happened during the whole event or what was being spoken between them after wedding.

    Coming to a public forum to incite people to feel sorry or to gain compassion is not really helping the situation.

    And, i do agree there are all kinds of salesmen out there. Some do get away with murders, but lets just say they are a minority. The rest is about meeting expectation of the couples and the family members.

    Sidetrack:
    Has TS been to a wedding where the wedding couple torture the photographer to work non almost stop from 5am to 11pm? 5am-2pm> shoot at bride and groom place, 2pm-6pm> last min outdoor shoot, 630-7pm> dinner break, but at 650pm, rush photographer back to shoot rehersal, 7pm-11pm> AD dinner. Photographer had no seat given to makan either.

    The wedding couple can even go for a nap at 630pm while the sibling told the photographer to continue shooting rehersals of MC, deco, etc. A 30min dinner break was given in that 18hours. If i were that photographer, i wont have mood to shoot as that was a bloody slave mentality.

    A photographer is still a crew. Is still a person. Treat him with some dignity and let him settle with the couple. It is not our business nor the TS as the agreement was between couple and photographer.

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Hahaha....don't mind doing that if I am paid $5K for it....
    If they pay you $5k, you can TELL them exactly what they must do for you to take the image. Now if they pay you $10k, they will follow YOUR creative process. You can also tell them to change the wedding date so it falls on your free day.

    Seriously, those cheapos will work to death all the people they pay peanuts. More $$ is more respect. Start asking for it.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

  18. #158

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I came across this thread on a foreign forum making the EXACT same complaint as TS. But the guy actually posted photos to proof his point. Seems like such cases happen to the ang mohs too

    Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link here, but for those interested, here is it:
    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=719269
    There is a major difference, in addition to posting the bad pictures, we are looking at the FATHER OF THE BRIDE. Not just some "friend" who really has no business doing when he/she is doing!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  19. #159

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    There is a major difference, in addition to posting the bad pictures, we are looking at the FATHER OF THE BRIDE. Not just some "friend" who really has no business doing when he/she is doing!
    I understand. But I'm referring more to bad wedding photographers in that post

  20. #160
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Many time when people quoting "friends" problem.......it is actually themselves.....

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3678910 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •