Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 183

Thread: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

  1. #41

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    like "Kan Jin Tou! Yi! Er! San! Xiao!!" (Look into the lens, One, Two, Three, Say Cheese.......).

  2. #42

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    Smart people will ask the close friend who own a camera for help.
    what if the close friend is just gwc?

  3. #43

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i thought this is the way to REVITALISE photography?

    i am founding a club called REVITALISERS, who wants to join so that i can put pioneer and founder in my signature??
    sound like a scam organization

  4. #44

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by shunzi View Post
    sound like a scam organization
    ok ok how about

    REBELLIZERS, does it sound more cool

  5. #45

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    tokyoexpress....

    Know what? When I read your post, I felt like you were my other half as what you wrote mirrors exactly what I would like to say!

    My good buddy experienced what you wrote last year. And being an amateur photographer himself, he went thru almost a month's of searching for a good wedding photographer thinking he had found the right one. Wrong man.

    He paid a few thousand dollars overall. In the end, the results were not as expected. Out of focus pics, some with important people. (And the photographer got to cheek to say it's ok. Don't print big can't see that well! DUH!)

    Bad lighting. Imagine this guy went around thinking he wanted to do photojournalistic shots all the way. I think he was on steroids or whatever or couldn't think straight. In the end, there were terrible shadows on the faces of formal shots. My friend, the groom, got to get back the images and do all the editing himself. Could only improve the shots. They were poorly taken to begin with.

    And yes, he used very high ISO for some even when something less is clearly possible. So my buddy got to reduce noise himself also.

    Bad post-processing. This photographer told my friend to choose his own shots before printing. You won't believe it if he showed you those shots! Severely underexposed, color balance totally off, totally terrible processing, etc etc. And the composition was questionable at times. I mean, you want people to choose, at least do some decent post-processing first right? In the end, my friend got to do ALL the processing himself also. Imagine...

    The photographer's skills is so questionable I wonder if he had any basic knowledge of photography. And guess what? He's WPJA certified! And used D700 and D3 cams with fast f/1.4 and f/2.8 primes and zooms. He has totally no or very little knowledge about lighting. Simply WHAM BAM BAM the camera shutters. Of course, this being digital, some would turn out all right. But not enough to be anywhere near impressive. Very misleading.

    For those searching for a wedding photographer, thinking you can rely on portfolio or look at accreditions, like WPJA, think again. As my buddy and I have realized, it's not the final test of the photographer's skills. I don't want to implicate the genuinely good photographers here who have those titles or solid proven portfolios. I take my hats off them. What I'm saying is, sometimes you won't know what is really underneath those "look like a pro" photographers but actually, they know nuts.

    No wonder people have little respect for wedding photographers here and I doubt the general standards will get better. What we will see are the really good ones catering to the "upmarket" higher-paying customers. But at the bottom to mid-level, there will be many of these new wannabes who come in with cams that they think can get them money but produce shots that suck. To these people, I say, get your skills on par first. Don't cheat couples of their money.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    3 pages liao and TS still haven't shown us how "bad" those pics are?

  7. #47
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyoexpress View Post
    I hate to say this but i have attented a few weddings of my relatives and friends these recent mths, Saw photographers carry big ex lens and bodys like 5d, 5dm11 1ds mark III or whatever looks pro. I dunno how photographers in sg practice these days, shooting at Super high ISO daylight and dinner time, nearly all the pictures are unacceptable in my point of view. The composition is totally "any how shoot" type. Can really throw away all the pictures. Perhaps out of 100, only 1-2 is acceptable. They silly pple never even capture the "tea" session properly, werid angle, cant see head! Vertical Full pictures without legs for the bride and groom... *Faint*

    I am quiet disapointed with these photographers. Carrying pro equipments doesnt mean pro... which mislead many pple who think pple who carry big lens and cameras are pro... I can even take much better pictures using my HANDPHONE~~!

    I felt really upset for their weddings which is totally spoilt by these unprofessionally pple mimic themselves by using good equipments and make em look pro so they can earn a living, cant imaging the photographers still dare to charge $$$ for such lousy works...

    Lousy unsharp pictures, Lousy composition, Lousy High ISO Quality photos *Even using 1ds mark3, shoot terrible expression at guests...

    I hate to say that but it really terrible to know there are pple working out there cheating without pride...


    I suggest those who think that using pro equipment could lead you to make money without even brushing up the skills, you are wrong, wake up PLS... Dun be selfish and rune others Happy weddings. Its quiet sad when they see the pictures u know. But no choice, paid and cannot reverse too...

    Skills is much much more important that equipments~ Good photographers can take better pictures using kit lens than lousy pple who uses pro cameras n lens.


    hehe, u can say all u want here but that doesn't stop these ppl from shooting at weddings and ppl hiring them.

    If u want justice then I would suggest u put them out of business with your skills cause they ain't gonna stop just because u commented about them here.

    The ironic thing is the ppl that u were talking about could be looking at this thread and probably not knowing its them. hehehehe!!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    3 pages liao and TS still haven't shown us how "bad" those pics are?
    maybe the ts very humorous...

    he know how to laugh at himself, he is the photographer

  9. #49

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ok ok how about

    REBELLIZERS, does it sound more cool
    REVITALISE sounds like some Tongka Ali related product.

    REBELLIZERS sounds more garang. I want to be pioneer member. I don't want to just shoot, I want to Rebellize photography

  10. #50

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    REVITALISE sounds like some Tongka Ali related product.

    REBELLIZERS sounds more garang. I want to be pioneer member. I don't want to just shoot, I want to Rebellize photography
    ok, here's the plan, i be the founder

    you be the pioneer member, we find a few more

    soon can change "pioneer" to gold member, senior member, jade member, quartz member, based on who we like more or less

    then the rest that we don't really like can call normal member.. and they cannot leave the club

    once a rebellizer, always a rebellizer

  11. #51

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    I think tokyoexpress simply wants to rant and let out what he feels is unjustified. You can't stop anyone from doing anything. In fact, I think there will be more of such untrained people with dubious skills going out earning such money.

    And I think it's pointless asking tokyoexpress to post pics. In that way, you will reveal who the photographer is. Might as well ask the photographer to be named. Maybe there should be another forum subject on "BAD WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS TO AVOID" and we can shame them.

    It's easy for you as a bystander to say, SHOW US THE PICS! and enjoy the ugly show that does not involve you. But there will be implications for the poster. I think tokyoexpress should be photography-literate enough to judge what is a good or bad shot.

    I wish I could get my friend to show all of you his pics. I just put it this way. You will all be shocked if it were your wedding. Or at least as someone who has paid that kind of money and expected something a lot more decent.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    they may not be good photographers but they are damn good salesperson. make me wonder some of us are green eyes over them.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    just name it.

  14. #54
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Can let us know who this photographer is so that the rest knows how to avoid him/her?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    tokyoexpress....

    Know what? When I read your post, I felt like you were my other half as what you wrote mirrors exactly what I would like to say!

    My good buddy experienced what you wrote last year. And being an amateur photographer himself, he went thru almost a month's of searching for a good wedding photographer thinking he had found the right one. Wrong man.

    He paid a few thousand dollars overall. In the end, the results were not as expected. Out of focus pics, some with important people. (And the photographer got to cheek to say it's ok. Don't print big can't see that well! DUH!)

    Bad lighting. Imagine this guy went around thinking he wanted to do photojournalistic shots all the way. I think he was on steroids or whatever or couldn't think straight. In the end, there were terrible shadows on the faces of formal shots. My friend, the groom, got to get back the images and do all the editing himself. Could only improve the shots. They were poorly taken to begin with.

    And yes, he used very high ISO for some even when something less is clearly possible. So my buddy got to reduce noise himself also.

    Bad post-processing. This photographer told my friend to choose his own shots before printing. You won't believe it if he showed you those shots! Severely underexposed, color balance totally off, totally terrible processing, etc etc. And the composition was questionable at times. I mean, you want people to choose, at least do some decent post-processing first right? In the end, my friend got to do ALL the processing himself also. Imagine...

    The photographer's skills is so questionable I wonder if he had any basic knowledge of photography. And guess what? He's WPJA certified! And used D700 and D3 cams with fast f/1.4 and f/2.8 primes and zooms. He has totally no or very little knowledge about lighting. Simply WHAM BAM BAM the camera shutters. Of course, this being digital, some would turn out all right. But not enough to be anywhere near impressive. Very misleading.

    For those searching for a wedding photographer, thinking you can rely on portfolio or look at accreditions, like WPJA, think again. As my buddy and I have realized, it's not the final test of the photographer's skills. I don't want to implicate the genuinely good photographers here who have those titles or solid proven portfolios. I take my hats off them. What I'm saying is, sometimes you won't know what is really underneath those "look like a pro" photographers but actually, they know nuts.

    No wonder people have little respect for wedding photographers here and I doubt the general standards will get better. What we will see are the really good ones catering to the "upmarket" higher-paying customers. But at the bottom to mid-level, there will be many of these new wannabes who come in with cams that they think can get them money but produce shots that suck. To these people, I say, get your skills on par first. Don't cheat couples of their money.

  15. #55
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Can name the photographer ?

    Wow 5D MII... not cheap leh
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  16. #56

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    That's why you have to see their portfolio first before you engage them. Don't judge a book by its cover.

  17. #57
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,982

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    That's why you have to see their portfolio first before you engage them. Don't judge a book by its cover.
    Portfolio can be made to show the BEST of the BEST...whether the person can do a good job is another problem...

    human are hardly honest, esp when photography is their only income.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  18. #58
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Can name the photographer ?

    Wow 5D MII... not cheap leh
    I use a 5D MII shell.

    Inside is a 400D body.

    And spray paint the Sigma lens white.

    100% PRO look liao!


  19. #59

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    Portfolio can be made to show the BEST of the BEST...whether the person can do a good job is another problem...

    human are hardly honest, esp when photography is their only income.
    If the portfolio works were done by the actual photographer (unless there is dishonesty involved, which is another matter altogether) , you can at least have an idea of his style. Better than engaging someone just by judging what camera he owns. Don't be surprised by the number of people who engage wedding photographers just by looking at what camera the photographer is holding.

  20. #60
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Lousy Photographers trying to mimic themselves like PRO... **sigh**

    Looks like you're one of them

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I use a 5D MII shell.

    Inside is a 400D body.

    And spray paint the Sigma lens white.

    100% PRO look liao!


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •