Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you know if the battery is dead?

Default Re: how do you know if the battery is dead?

The chute...?

Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    The chute...?
    Lithium Ion should be recycled properly and should not be discarded with normal waste. I typically keep all these special recycling wastes separately and put them separately in the green bag which sembwaste collects periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by wtm78 View Post
    hmm... but there are still some power inside le... its not fully flat le...
    Still curious with ur batt. How it goes?
    Just shoot.

Need clarification. When you say charger indicator light says completed, what did the owner sees (blinking once, thrice or steady)?

You are talking about original CB-5L which with uses blink rythms to indicate %.

Quote Originally Posted by wtm78 View Post
    A friend of mine bought a used camera through clubsnap. The previous owner says he had not used the camera for quite a while. He say he hasnt used the camera for some time so he didnt charge the battery, but there was a little bit of power left to try.

The 2 Original Canon BP-511 7.4V 1100mAh (Li-ion) batteries that comes with the camera does not seems to hold any charge. Also he gave her a New Canon CB-5L charger.

Both the batteries are place on the charger, the charger indicates charge complete within 30sec. The batteries were left to charge for another 5 & 7 hrs respectively. Both batteries is flat when used on the camera after the 5 & 7 hrs of charging.

I do not know if the charger is charging the batteries as the batteries are not warm even after 5-7 hours of charging. So i dont know its the charger, the batteries or the camera having problem. Anyone has experience?

Are the batteries are dead?

Quote Originally Posted by geekbrains View Post
    Lithium Ion should be recycled properly and should not be discarded with normal waste. I typically keep all these special recycling wastes separately and put them separately in the green bag which sembwaste collects periodically.
    any collection point?

anyone knows?

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus.ret View Post
    any collection point?

anyone knows?
    It's just those collected normally at all HDB blocks by Sembwaste. I just make sure that I don't mix other things with these waste. I'm not sure whether they recycle it properly or not. Nevertheless the pick it up all the time when I left it outside my house..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12