Thread: Tips for Espana and Italia

Default Tips for Espana and Italia

Hi Everybody,

I'll be going on a trip to Spain and Italy. Kinda like my first trip to Europe, in winter some more. So I was wondering if there are any photographic recommendations?

Like someone else who posted about France, is there anything I should look out for or be wary of? Heard that a lot of ppl who have been to these countries have been mugged, pickpocketed etc. Certainly would need tips to prevent my camera(Canon G3) from being stolen, and all my photos as well.

Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Chooel
    Hi Everybody,

I'll be going on a trip to Spain and Italy. Kinda like my first trip to Europe, in winter some more. So I was wondering if there are any photographic recommendations?

Like someone else who posted about France, is there anything I should look out for or be wary of? Heard that a lot of ppl who have been to these countries have been mugged, pickpocketed etc. Certainly would need tips to prevent my camera(Canon G3) from being stolen, and all my photos as well.

Thanks for reading.
    Was in Italy a couple of months back. I think the usual precautions apply - tourists in any area are seen as a 'soft' target for the pickpockets, so the usual precautions apply - don't make it easy for em. Pretty well every where has this problem.

We didn't have any problems, although we didn't put wallets in easly picked back or side pockets. I kept my wallet and mobile phone in the front pockets of my shirts.

My sister had some one try to empty her 'bum bag' on a bus in Roma a couple of years back but another passenger noticed and started berating the guy. Loudly :-)

It's the crowded places they like, the metro, crowded buses and trams and the 'tourist traps'.

Napoli apparently has a problem with theives on motor scooters snatching bags as they go past. Cameras would be an obvious target for those scum. We were only in Napoli long enough to change trains. :-)
    Napoli apparently has the 'worst drivers in Europe'. Some car rental companies won't cover Insurance if you take the car there - they consider it to high a risk...

Default Re: Spain and Italy

Hi Chooel,

Which part of Spain and Italy u are planning to go? Is it backpacking or packaged tour? If you are backpacking, I can provide some advice for you.

Cheers,
    Tuck Loong