Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Got Me A Canon

Default Re: Just Got Me A Canon

Quote Originally Posted by stanycjw View Post
    Hey !!
    Dry Cabinet NOT Dry box
    whats wrong with a dry box?
    stick some silica gel inside and they are a good affordable, space saving option...

guys, sorry to ask this.
    i got myself a dry box coz not enough money for now... but do we really need to use micro oven to heat up silica gel as i bought mine and was told to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    whats wrong with a dry box?
    stick some silica gel inside and they are a good affordable, space saving option...
    Very simple reason... CARCINOGENIC

Quote Originally Posted by ahmahippo View Post
    guys, sorry to ask this.
    i got myself a dry box coz not enough money for now... but do we really need to use micro oven to heat up silica gel as i bought mine and was told to do so.
    That is to be done if you want to "recharge" or reuse the existing gel. If you're lazy or do not want to handle the gel in that manner, you can choose to throw it away (properly) and use new bottles of gel.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by ahmahippo View Post
    guys, sorry to ask this.

nothing too technical about it, silicl gel abosorbs moisture, thats how they work , you put it in a microwave to dry it up so that you can use it again.

btw... i have this box

to store old equipment and stuff and it works pretty good so i'd recomend it...
    not quite sure how plastic is carcinogenic but i guess im taking my chances with it

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    not quite sure how plastic is carcinogenic but i guess im taking my chances with it
    It's not the plastic but the blue humidity indicator in the Silica Gel. That stuff is Cobalt Chloride. Have a look at the Chemical Safety Cards and all the other hazard labels in this article.

how much does a dry cabinet cost.A small one will do.And do i still have to put silica gel inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    how much does a dry cabinet cost.A small one will do.And do i still have to put silica gel inside?
    Look there is a sticky thread, well maintained, in the Equipment Section - Others. Hope that helps to answer your questions. Beside this, there also the Search function (upper right hand here in forum) and finally Google.

have lots of fun and poison. just beware and know what you want. =)

Do get a dry cabi, it keeps ur photography investments fungus safe

Quote Originally Posted by SnappyPig View Post
    Pls get a dry cabinet for storage.. it's good for your 500d storage and future lenses and equipment. Be sure to know what you're going to get in the future and get the right size for the cabinet to avoid wastage or shortage of space in the dry cabinet =)
    yeah, absolutely right...if you buy a small one now, you might run out of space super fast..haha, so might as well get a mid size one and it can last you for a bit until you become 'pro'

How bout forcing yourself to shoot everyday (less chance of the fungus to settle and grow) and accumulate experience to reach another level... then can buy the next lens and cabinet together mah?

Quote Originally Posted by mummum View Post
    How bout forcing yourself to shoot everyday (less chance of the fungus to settle and grow) and accumulate experience to reach another level... then can buy the next lens and cabinet together mah?
    You won't bring all your lenses out right?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    You won't bring all your lenses out right?
    I'm agreeing with Octarine's recommendation of shooting more and understand the basics first before getting his next lens, thus, my reply to TS to shoot more with his new toy instead of thinking bout its storage. Probably by the next thousand clicks, if he sees a need for a new lens, he can get it together with the dry cabinet which might be a more specific size, and if he doesn't, it's also not too late to get one then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12