Thread: New here! =)

Default New here! =)

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here!! I'm planning to buy a DSLR, any recommendations? Not planning to buy a huge range of lens though, advice please! Thank you!

Default Re: New here! =)

Hello...welcome.

As I have mentioned before in this forum, all entry level DSLRs are able to produce decent pictures if you use them within their limits. There are great photos produced by Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Samsung & Panasonic cams, what matters is YOU, the person behind the camera and not the camera brand.

I would suggest that you try out the cams from different brands and get the one that you feel most comfortable with.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Hi! Welcome to CS!

Hey, Welcome to CS!!!

Would suggest u try the different camera brand and their grip and weight. Lastly, ur budget...

Happy Shopping :P
    Nikon D90|N35mm f1.8G
    N12-24 f4|T90mm f2.8|T180mm f3.5

It's hard to pick a lemon in the entry level group. Go with what feels good to use.

Hi yumisama,

welcome to CS.

Look around and see which you prefer more. Most of the entry level cameras with the dual lens setup would be sufficient for most of the newbiess. That is UNTIL the BBB syndrome hits...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

well.. most entry level DSLR kit comes with a very basic zoom lens.. u could trade that in and get a 18-200mm lens. that should be a good enough walk about lens.
    Firstly, read the reviews online or from magazines about the different models and brands.
    2nd, Go to a larger departmental store to try out all the different entry level DSLRs without the pressure of over-zealous saleman trying to sell u something that they have cannot sell!!
    Most new models can take pretty decent pics.
    3rd, once u have chosen a model to buy, check the price from our pricelist, then go to those shops or mustafa (just discovered they sell cameras at pretty decent prices) to purchase your camera. It tend to be cheaper than large departmental stores.
    lastly, try very hard to resist buying more lenses (I think about 99% of members in clubsnap fail this criteria)

Quote Originally Posted by yumisama View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here!! I'm planning to buy a DSLR, any recommendations? Not planning to buy a huge range of lens though, advice please! Thank you!
    check the price guide.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Wow! Thanks guy!! im planning to buy a sony a200 is it ok for an entry level amature photographer?

Wow! Thanks guy!! im planning to buy a sony a200 is it ok for an entry level amature photographer?
    of course its a good camera.. the newer model is a230, which is lighter but without much improvements.. but definitely lighter, so light that i am afraid it will crack if i hold it too tightly.. since a230 is out, i dont know if u can get a200 from retail shops.. but its a good camera, very worth the money. (by the way, i am not promoting sony.. I personally prefer nikon. )

Welcome to CS!

May i know ur budget? Then u can narrow down the choices...

Welcome to CS!

My budget is around $800, some said sony a230.. hmmm so which is better? a200 or a230?

My budget is around $800, some said sony a230.. hmmm so which is better? a200 or a230?
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/comp...ra230&show=all

welcome to Cs my friend.

before u go shopping, do some homeworks first.
    go make a search around this forum for the shops u shouldnt go to
    like lucky plaza.

make a wise choice. dont hurry yourself to get one. think again and again
    and make sure your heart really2 agree with what dslr u wanna get.

good luck!
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

Hi, welcome to CS !

Do remember to visit the BnS http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64
    for 2nd hand goods at cheaper rate & bargin