Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

Default Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

Default Re: Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

Singapore lost another fine young man..

Default Re: Full time NSman dies after being pinned by Land Rover during inspection

This is an accident.. But not sure if its due to negligence or wad.. This time an officer died.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

wow so many deaths from nsmen..................................

Quote Originally Posted by sheree View Post
    wow so many deaths from nsmen..................................
    NS is a dangerous job..
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Sigh... always painful for those close ones and loved ones...
    Accidents abound. In NS and in civilian lives.
    The impermenance of life...

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    NS is a dangerous job..
    What sends shivers down me is that we aren't even at war, yet we're losing forces every now and then. Some during 2.4km training runs, some after a training hike, and some getting rolled over by a Land Rover.

I mean no disrespect to the deceased, just concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    What sends shivers down me is that we aren't even at war, yet we're losing forces every now and then.
    well, accidents happen. just that now more attention is there.

you don't need a war to die. i think every army has its own accidents as well, and that's the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well, accidents happen. just that now more attention is there.

you don't need a war to die. i think every army has its own accidents as well, and that's the way it goes.
    I'm... not too sure about that. Any stats to back that up?

...how typical, you are expecting an accident free army in some magical place in the world? maybe utopia.

if you want stats, i can dig, but i 'm not going to bother, based on past cs track record those stats will be ignored since most minds are closed.

an army is not a construction site.
    Last edited by night86mare; 5th July 2009 at 12:32 PM.

here, google is your best friend, have fun reading

magic button to fun articles

some snippets:

Quote Originally Posted by 1992
    At the Tzelim training camp in the Negev desert on Thursday morning, something went wrong. Although details remain sketchy, the army has announced that a missile was mistakenly fired and slammed into the soldiers during a training exercise, killing four immediately. One died later of his injuries; six were wounded.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008
    A Fort Bragg soldier who died in a parachute accident during training was an immigrant from Colombia and a highly decorated Green Beret.
    of course, whether the intensity of training in comparison is equal, that's another matter altogether, but i would like to think that it is clear enough that army training and casualties, whether there is war or not, the latter is unavoidable in the long run.
    Last edited by night86mare; 5th July 2009 at 12:31 PM.

...how typical, you are expecting an accident free army in some magical place in the world? maybe utopia.

if you want stats, i can dig, but i 'm not going to bother, based on past cs track record those stats will be ignored since most minds are closed.

an army is not a construction site.
    Alright then.

sometimes certain accidents are unpreventable no matter how much precaution been taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    sometimes certain accidents are unpreventable no matter how much precaution been taken...
    Sh!t Happens, I suppose.

Sh!t Happens, I suppose.
    yea.. But we can't just attribute the lost of a life to it.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    yea.. But we can't just attribute the lost of a life to it.
    No, not at all. I'm just surprised for a country of 4mil or so, we get SAF deaths one or two every few quarters. That's not too far off actually from a country like Israel, which coincidentally was a model which the SAF was originally based on. Just that Israel is constantly at war, we're not.

But since the consensus seems that such "unfortunate events" are to be expected, oh well... live and let die I suppose (rock on Paul!).
    Last edited by Gunbucker; 5th July 2009 at 02:21 PM.

No, not at all. I'm just surprised for a country of 4mil or so, we get SAF deaths one or two every few quarters. That's not too far off actually from a country like Israel, which coincidentally was a model which the SAF was originally based on. Just that Israel is constantly at war, we're not.

But since the consensus seems that such "unfortunate events" are to be expected, oh well... live and let die I suppose (rock on Paul!).

here, google is your best friend, have fun reading
    Ooohhh, I just love the cattiness

i love cats

i love cats
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast