Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: charging phone and yakking away in mrt station.

Default Re: charging phone and yakking away in mrt station.

Quote Originally Posted by waderbreak View Post
    if she was talking there for ages, i'd have to say "ugly singaporean". if she was there just to give a quick call to her husband, i woiuldn't mind.. but your thread title says "...and yakking away in mrt.." so....
    A very valid point.
    Looking at her relaxed posture with weight firmly on the right leg, whilst the left leg stretches out - she's more like having a nice afternoon tea catching up with some good friends.
    An anxious lady calling her husband would stand upright with both feet planted squarely.
    So there, I stand corrected. She may not be calling her husband at all...

to correct, she doesn't seem singaporean(though i know u can't see from the pictures). she has a chinese accent. u know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    I didn't see any sign that said "For public use" either.

Should be consider stealing bah.
    die leh, central library always so many people stealing electricity with their laptops adaptors!

and the librarians are accomplices, they never stop them!!!

well, if people are going to put electric sockets lying around the place, with no cover... then you can't really blame people for using the sockets , especially if the staff do not stop them

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    die leh, central library always so many people stealing electricity with their laptops adaptors!

and the librarians are accomplices, they never stop them!!!

well, if people are going to put electric sockets lying around the place, with no cover... then you can't really blame people for using the sockets , especially if the staff do not stop them
    So, you are saying she has done nothing wrong?

I am not saying that she is wrong but my impression that she is wrong because she is using electricity that she didn't pay. I could be wrong.

Library could be a grey area as we are all member of the library. All with NRIC are library member by default i presume cos I don't remember applying for one. ** waiting for wince123 to come in and blast me with the NLB terms and conditions**

And we see any holes in public not covered, we can poke in?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post

Library could be a grey area as we are all member of the library. All with NRIC are library member by default i presume cos I don't remember applying for one. ** waiting for wince123 to come in and blast me with the NLB terms and conditions**

And we see any holes in public not covered, we can poke in?
    really, what if got tourist go library? it's not unheard of..

that usually happens, when it comes to electricity sockets..

i guess there isn't really going to be a right or wrong answer to this, if it is not allowed then the relevant staff will inform accordingly and whoever is "stealing" will follow, i don't really see any need to discuss whether it should be allowed, because:

a) hard to stop in the first place if lying around
    b) staff don't care, then who care? public care?

vince123123
    Guests

In case you didn't know, the MRT station is NOT a public area; much less one where you can use free electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    Your in a public area. Starbucks doesnt put for public use as well.
    There are many things lying around for public to take, yet public does not; because doing so amounts to theft. The same will go for the so-called unmanned electrical sockets; although tapping of electricity falls under another law. Does it mean no one guard I can also take rubbish bins, metal railings, road signs etc for myself?

Probably because people see electricity as an intangible object which is why they feel there is no theft. Try replace that with a brick and mortar tangible object in the same "unguarded" conditions and you'll see a totally different attitude.
    Last edited by vince123123; 4th July 2009 at 01:50 AM.

The chair on the public park did not say its free seating. Do we steal a rest?
    The toilet roll dispenser in a public toilet does not say free for use, are we yet stealing to clean our bump?
    How about using the tap on a basin. Hello! Water isnt free either.
    How about the escalator, electricity and maintenance is not free either. why dont we use the stairs?

Get over it guys. If its wrong, the guards will approach the subject and advise accordingly.

I have seen buildings that do not encourage tapping into their precious electricity and sealing up the power points to get done with the problem.

I have seen security officer stopping someone tapping electricity from a certain building while the young man was seated at the cafe with power cable plugged into the wall (somewhat outside of the cafe).

So, if the building management is so uptight about electricity use (much less than it cost for shoppers to spend money at the mall or to take an mrt train), it is then up to them to put up signs or tear off those power points.

From a business stand point, if i can get a young teen to buy my $7 coffee, a $6 cake and possibly a $20 set lunch at my cafe, i will have more power points set up to make them stay! Look at Starbuck. I dont think they feel the pinch at all since a fully occupied cafe is better than an empty nest with signage and restrictions.

I had also seen a japanese restaurant in jurong east with business dwindling when they put an A3 sign there, indicating "NO STUDYING ALLOWED" (in bold) in their premise. However, that small mall was filled with 90% students between 10am to 5pm. I call such "stupid business sense syndrome."

Of course, there are people who abuse it. But why get so paranoid over it? There are much more beautiful things in life to look at or think about.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Of course, there are people who abuse it. But why get so paranoid over it? There are much more beautiful things in life to look at or think about.
    yes, i don't think most companies will begrudge it, and if they do, that's up to the STAFF to enforce, not the great big bad public..

in short, what they would usually say for such a situation is:

"none of your business"

Can you also send to STOMP?
    Confirm a nice post for the Singapore Seen..

Photos composition needs improvement, got camera shake, a bit underexposed and got distracting background.

funny lah u all. i just post this picture to share cos i find it interesting. didn't say anything about stealing, right or wrong. nvm, i shall close this thread to prevent further bickering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12