Thread: Cannon Cannonet System

Default Cannon Canonet System

Hi ppl, just got a camera from my gf's father. It's an old Cannon Connet system. Very old first generation Cannon intermediate-class, Lens-Shutter 35mm camera. First launch in 1961. Don't know when her father got it though...

My question is, the camera is not working anymore so do you think that the good ppl from The Camera Workshop is able to service it??? Beside, is this camera worth servicing? What's interesting is that this camera doesn't need batts, so I'm trying to weight the pros and cons of servicing this camera now...

More information on the camera can be found here....

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c...ies/f_net.html

Cheers
    Last edited by Kira; 4th December 2003 at 12:57 AM.

hmmm... may be a good idea to check if the selenium cells are still working. if they're dead, then you won't be able to use the camera in shutter priority mode. but from the looks of the specifications, you should still be able to use the camera in manual mode even without a meter. (just work out an exposure yourself.)
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

The camera is worth less than US$30, methinks.

do you think that the good ppl from The Camera Workshop is able to service it?
    It depends exactly what doesn't work and why, right?
    Beside, is this camera worth servicing?
    It's a cool-looking old camera which might produce good photos with neg film (agak-agak manual setting), and it's got a fast lens. The shutter should also be very quiet. But it's not light at 700g! You've gotta see exactly how much repair costs (if at all possible).