Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Cams

Thats what I hate. Purchasing lenses. By the time you get all your lenses for your slr, you can say good bye to all your hard savings....Its so expensive. Also, I think that image produced by top end prosumer camera's are more than enough for me. But right now, I am stuck with a budget of around $2000 and i need to get a camera, a bag, a good flash and a 1GB memory card with that amount of money.

If u need a good flash then u can rule out the sony coz it doesn't have a ttl flash mount(if i'm not wrong the fuji has the same problem).The minolta comes with a whole range of great flashes including those wireless ones that are available new and 2nd hand.It even has a built in PC sync terminal for studio lights!28-200 is a very good focal range for a fast 2.8 lens.So if u want a more versatile cam get the A1.

And one more thing, it's also got an APO lens.That's a big plus.
    Last edited by dirtbiker; 9th December 2003 at 09:39 PM.

Sorry, but I have no idea what APO stands for.

The lens has a few APO elements.Apochromatic elements,they help prevent chromatic aberration making the image crisp, sharper and more contrast.It's a really big plus.Not to mention fulltime manual focussing just like the AF-S.
    Last edited by dirtbiker; 9th December 2003 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fevernova
    Also, since the fujifilm S7000 has 6.2 effective megapixels, wouldn't the quality of the shot be better than that of Minolta's A1 ?? Moreover, the A1 does not seem to have mounts to fit wide converters or teleconverters on it. Correct me if i am wrong.
    quality is not solely dependent on the mega pixels... the pixels just determine how large you can blow up the picture in a print.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by wanglk
    I think you have some misunderstandings on the 300D. 300D is a DSLR, that means it is primarily an SLR. An SLR normally has A,S,M,P modes. If you want to adjust aperture value, you can use A mode. An SLR comes with all the functions that a prosumer camera can provide and more. Don't be confused by the "macro, portrait, sports... modes since they are only gimmicks by the manufacturers.
    Talking about image quality, there is no match between a prosumer digicam and a DSLR. Even such a good A1 and the budget 300D.
    The only "bad" thing about DSLR is you need to purchase lenses which can be costly.
    I am afraid you have some misconception here. The 300D do have those modes, but only 1 dial for you to work on. This is a problem if you using M mode, since you need to use the same dial to control both shutter speed and aperature.

In the case of 300D & A1, the 300D doesn't really provide more, particular in terms of settings and control. A1 has more controls and features than the 300D.
    And no DSLR asaik can shoot movie clips. 300D do have more size and weight.

About image quality, I am afraid you got caught up in the mindless chase of equipment. A1 has more than enough quality for most purpose. If that is not enough, then I think you should start reviewing whether you are after the image or the technical chase.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12