Thread: free storage space for clubsnap members?

Default free storage space for clubsnap members?

I was thinking of this idea for each clubsnap member to have some storage space, perhaps 1 mb for us to post our downsize pictures without linking from foreign sites. any comments?

plenty of possibilities for abuse.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN
    plenty of possibilities for abuse.
    I think the $36 p.a. value plan for hosting on CS is pretty affordable for most enthusiasts and it keeps the abusers out. Not that I have anything to gain from it besides the fact that it helps keep CS going.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=51043

Quote Originally Posted by Acieed
    I think the $36 p.a. value plan for hosting on CS is pretty affordable for most enthusiasts and it keeps the abusers out. Not that I have anything to gain from it besides the fact that it helps keep CS going.

totally agree!
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

i think my idea was mistaken, what i meant was just to post just 1 or 2 photo sometimes, for comment only (just each of us have some storage space for our pm). Afterall, we have moderators, rules and conditions to keep abusers out.

1mb mayb 5 buck per year lor... if you offer free, some got use no use also take up, 1k of ppl subscribe, any problem 1k ppl find u. i'd rather not take the risk. esp its free. also 1k=1gig storage, not much but still some kinda money involve.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    1mb mayb 5 buck per year lor... if you offer free, some got use no use also take up, 1k of ppl subscribe, any problem 1k ppl find u. i'd rather not take the risk. esp its free. also 1k=1gig storage, not much but still some kinda money involve.
    ya, i think $5 is reasonable.

What about setting a time limit?
    after X days/weeks, photos will be deleted...

Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng
    i think my idea was mistaken, what i meant was just to post just 1 or 2 photo sometimes, for comment only (just each of us have some storage space for our pm). Afterall, we have moderators, rules and conditions to keep abusers out.

Erm... well if it is 1 or 2 pictures... CS Admin can consider??
    i think most CS's members are good people and won't abuse the priviledge given...! right?

Its just 1 or 2 picture space, if the member wants more, then he would have to sign up for the plan.....

Isn't this a good way of marketing too??

just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    What about setting a time limit?
    after X days/weeks, photos will be deleted...

this is also another good idea!! but more job to the mods i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Acieed

Yup, nothing is free. There are no advertisements/pop-ups banner ads on clubsnap.

I think its unfair to expect the 'founding members'/admin to come up with more money to sponsor webspace for members who don't want to spend $36/year. ($3/month? 1 day a month you don't eat lunch can already)