Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My bad Buy/Sell experience

Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

Now now. If you were in a similar situation, then I'm not too sure how you could be 'smart enough to understand that it's [your] fault'.
    Item advertised as 'New'. Guarantee provided. Yet you go back and the thing that you were concerned about does not 'work'. Why would you beat yourself up over it?
    Did you not buy it on the assumption that it would work?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Don't be silly. Of course, I'd be disappointed. However, I'd also be smart enough to understand it's my fault and I wouldn't complain about it

(Not saying TS is complaining though, he's just clarifying and i hope he now knows to be extra careful when dealing 2nd-hand )

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder_fan View Post
    Now now. If you were in a similar situation, then I'm not too sure how you could be 'smart enough to understand that it's [your] fault'.
    Item advertised as 'New'. Guarantee provided. Yet you go back and the thing that you were concerned about does not 'work'. Why would you beat yourself up over it?
    Did you not buy it on the assumption that it would work?
    haha, i have been in a similar situation before? And yes, I blame myself for not thoroughly checking

if unsure then don't buy, just thank the seller for his time.
    i always make it known to the seller i want to view first before making a decision.

well.. what were you expecting, first hand goods? I'm not gonna add salt to your wound here. On the other hand, I think you should observe a few things.

1) it's a BnS section (every item is and will always remain dubious, and best left that way. It's how big your appetite is for risk taking

2) we have sharks in the BnS swimming around, best to think twice first before jumping into the water. That being said, there are great deals that shouldn't be missed, because some people really are honest and want their goods sold properly.

3) Nothing beats buying a good bag firsthand. I think that's really true. Just buy something you like and stick with it. If it doesn't serve your purpose, buy another one! You can never have too many bags.

I just wan to share my experience.
    I saw in B/S a lens for sales.
    Condition:Lens is in good condition.
    With that I assume Lens condition is good. With SMS exchange and assure Lens in good condition not comfortable can walk away.
    However when I went over, the lens is in good conditon but the exterior Suckz with paint peeling and with scratches.
    Ok, i think to myself that what he claim is right Lens(Glass) indeed to be in good condition.
    But I am not comfortable with the exterior which the seller should indicate. But the seller was very very friendly share with me what the IQ of the lens and did comparison but i still decline politely before I walk away from the sales.
    2 weeks later, I saw him on the street. Went to say hi out of courtesy. And his first Respond(trying hard to remember who I am from his face expression): SO you are those that come try my lens for FUN??. I retort, Your Lens exterior condition is so LOUSY thats why never buy and walk away without waiting for his respond. with that I assume that alot of other potential buyer also go see and never buy.

Now the point I am trying to push here is: Seller must indicate all faults. If they purposely hide something that they knew you are not happy with, obviously give you the right to walk away with no Obligation.Dont be shy and in fact potential buyer should be piss for being "Con" to go down to meet wasting their time.

For TS case, he is not at fault. he did his check. CLEARLY indicate that he is not comfortable with the Velcro. And with that the seller say give him personal Guarantee for that Velcro. So what does the "personal guarantee" do??? Go home still not comfortable can return , right? thats why there is a deadline impose by the seller. If you have no intention to allow return, then why make that statement in the first place? Or At least the Guarantee is for exchanging to other Velcro??? I think its the seller integrity here that is having a problem and not so much on the transaction.Check with your seller, what does his personal Guarantee do? to just give you assurance so to just close the sales faster and smoother? Who needs that if it doesnt do you any good.

However TS is lucky the value is not big. I cant say that take this as a lesson as not all seller is like the one you face.

There is another thread by other buyer also indicate lousy seller integrity. they show his NICK. If what the buyer claim is not true then seller should clarify his stand. If the buyer is not often in the forum, then we have no worries that other potential buyer will fall to his trap.

3) Nothing beats buying a good bag firsthand. I think that's really true. Just buy something you like and stick with it. If it doesn't serve your purpose, buy another one! You can never have too many bags.[/QUOTE]

Thats why there is buyer with very new equipment that bought on impulse and off load it at lower price like the case for TS. To some ppl, you can never have too many cars. to some, 2 bags is too much that money could be spend on elsewhere more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by virus530 View Post
    3) Nothing beats buying a good bag firsthand. I think that's really true. Just buy something you like and stick with it. If it doesn't serve your purpose, buy another one! You can never have too many bags.
    Thats why there is buyer with very new equipment that bought on impulse and off load it at lower price like the case for TS. To some ppl, you can never have too many cars. to some, 2 bags is too much that money could be spend on elsewhere more efficiently.[/QUOTE]

You have my support bro! LOL, actually i mean the seller is at fault. that's it.
    TS! Dont be sad, people may say you are whining but you are not.

cheerios

Having said all my above.
    We must all know, individual expectation of condition of items are all different.
    To TS definition of Loose may not be our expectation of Loose.
    TS MAY be picky to the impossible extreme side. But still the seller if sense this, should further more avoid on the " personal Guarantee" thing. If I were seller, I rather TS go home think about it and then buy when TS is more confident , to avoid all this trouble now.

The trouble is a lot of seller give gurantee and never honour it.

U take the risk with a verbal promise and also you take the risk when you buy 2nd hand good.

I once got CF card. Paid him thru GIRO. Received the good but cannot work. Seller collected back(I sent him by mail) the CF card and promised to send cash to me by post.

Till now, nothing heard!

Haha... but there are some very gentlemen out there.. salute you!

I don't trust the so-called guarantee from these sellers. I take it as them saying it for the sake of it only.

vince123123
    Guests

Those who post and say that second items can't expect much etc, are all missing the point.

The point is very well established in this quote:

For TS case, he is not at fault. he did his check. CLEARLY indicate that he is not comfortable with the Velcro. And with that the seller say give him personal Guarantee for that Velcro. So what does the "personal guarantee" do??? Go home still not comfortable can return , right? thats why there is a deadline impose by the seller. If you have no intention to allow return, then why make that statement in the first place? Or At least the Guarantee is for exchanging to other Velcro??? I think its the seller integrity here that is having a problem and not so much on the transaction.Check with your seller, what does his personal Guarantee do? to just give you assurance so to just close the sales faster and smoother? Who needs that if it doesnt do you any good.
    Anyway, I think best just post the identity of the seller here
    Last edited by vince123123; 2nd July 2009 at 05:16 PM.

So what does the "personal guarantee" do??? Go home still not comfortable can return , right? thats why there is a deadline impose by the seller. If you have no intention to allow return, then why make that statement in the first place?

well, acn we assertain that the bag was faulty and not that the buyer just didnt like how the bag functioned? Vince, i think you're really going on a ghost hunt, lets have the TS really show us what went wrong, because honestly, i dont know of many guarantees in singapore that allow for you to replace the goods just becuase you dont like how it works a couple days later. we're not in the states you know..

Quote Originally Posted by hacknet View Post
    well, acn we assertain that the bag was faulty and not that the buyer just didnt like how the bag functioned? Vince, i think you're really going on a ghost hunt, lets have the TS really show us what went wrong, because honestly, i dont know of many guarantees in singapore that allow for you to replace the goods just becuase you dont like how it works a couple days later. we're not in the states you know..
    The point is not if the bag is faulty. You still dont get it. The whole point is the buyer CLEARLY INDICATE that he is not comfortable with the loose Velcro (it may be by default even when get new from the shop). To convince the buyer, the seller give personal warranty on the loose Velcro when full of stuff inside the bag and when buyer go back try still not happy so wan to rectify this loose Velcro issue as what seller promise. But the seller doesnt wan to refund which is perfectly fine but the seller must think of a way to rectify the loose Velcro. So come in the main point: How is he going to solve the loose Velcro. If cannot solve then what good does his personal warranty does? Either refund or solve the problem thats my point of view.

Till now dont get me wrong, if I were the buyer, i wont even bother with the seller on the loose Velcro. I would say take it or leave it at the promise price or maybe further discount for the loose Velcro(despite it may be loose by default) at the point I am trying to sell the items. But the Seller didnt do that and say give PERSONAL GUARANTEE and thats where things go wrong.

vince123123
    Guests

Finally, someone who understands....

The point is not if the bag is faulty. You still dont get it. The whole point is the buyer CLEARLY INDICATE that he is not comfortable with the loose Velcro (it may be by default even when get new from the shop). To convince the buyer, the seller give personal warranty on the loose Velcro when full of stuff inside the bag and when buyer go back try still not happy so wan to rectify this loose Velcro issue as what seller promise. But the seller doesnt wan to refund which is perfectly fine but the seller must think of a way to rectify the loose Velcro. So come in the main point: How is he going to solve the loose Velcro. If cannot solve then what good does his personal warranty does? Either refund or solve the problem thats my point of view.

Till now dont get me wrong, if I were the buyer, i wont even bother with the seller on the loose Velcro. I would say take it or leave it at the promise price or maybe further discount for the loose Velcro(despite it may be loose by default) at the point I am trying to sell the items. But the Seller didnt do that and say give PERSONAL GUARANTEE and thats where things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    from my experience, i only buy 2nd hand when i knew the seller very well.

buying first-hand / brand new from shops save u from a lot of problems, plus u get warranty from manufacturer, instalment payment scheme & a peace of mind.

got money, always buy first hand loh
    Even you know the seller well still cannot buy 2nd hand, cos after the sale you might know him better. My 1st buy is also my last buy. The mamasan of the photo centre assure me the seller take great care of his equipments and the item is in excellent condition. When I feed back something to seller, not asking for refund he immediately told me he is the 4th owner of the item. Two days later, I found a brand new item costing $120.00 more than the 4th hand item. If I know he is the 4th owner, I will never buy the item. I told the seller to sell the item and I will bear the loss ($50.00 lost). With the lesson learn I never buy 2nd again. After up-grade existing equipments are given to my nephews and nieces FOC so they can take photograpy as a hobby.
    Without 2nd hand equipments I enjoy my shooting. Do not dream of paying lesser $$$ to get an equipment as good as new.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Even you know the seller well still cannot buy 2nd hand, cos after the sale you might know him better. My 1st buy is also my last buy. The mamasan of the photo centre assure me the seller take great care of his equipments and the item is in excellent condition. When I feed back something to seller, not asking for refund he immediately told me he is the 4th owner of the item. Two days later, I found a brand new item costing $120.00 more than the 4th hand item. If I know he is the 4th owner, I will never buy the item. I told the seller to sell the item and I will bear the loss ($50.00 lost). With the lesson learn I never buy 2nd again. After up-grade existing equipments are given to my nephews and nieces FOC so they can take photograpy as a hobby.
    Without 2nd hand equipments I enjoy my shooting. Do not dream of paying lesser $$$ to get an equipment as good as new.
    it funny that you refer the sales person in a shop as Mamasan. And the best part is the person is a Guy...LOL.

back to your orginal posting. First your situation is definitely different from TS. Firstly, the seller is the 1st owner or 4th owner doesnt matter cause its the Equipment you are buying. Depending on what you feed back, which is not important all together which you should check the equipment when you buy. You buy it on the Condition you see/feel and the price if it reasonable for that working condition.case close.

As for the price, said many times, do your research on market price before buying. to you S$120 is not much but not sure what you buy. For a lens that has a price of S$500, less S$120 will seems to be reasonable.But Lens over 1K is of another different Justification.

But your statement seems too strong. With second hand equipments, there are people who also enjoy shooting if not more ,cause they pay lesser.Do not dream of paying lesser $$$ to get an equipment as good as new only apply to you and you need to change your mindset.No one is expecting to get second hand as good as new with lower price. Cause Second hand means USED before. Its how much lesser for the usage and condition of the Equipment that justify buying.But if you talking about Function as good as new, then you are wrong, there is many equipment I buy second Hand that function as good as new.

And most importantly, many still dont understand TS point of view. It not expectation as good as new. Its ABOUT he checked his equipment and realise a Fault in it and the seller give him personal Warranty for it. As i mention, its not Equipment gone wrong. Its Seller Integrity that is causing the discussion here. Anyway seems like TS is not even bother by all these now so I rest my case too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    If the inserts bother you that much, you shouldn't have agreed to the transaction.
    I agree.
    In the 1st place, you should have really tried it out before paying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12