Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: My bad Buy/Sell experience

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    62

    Default My bad Buy/Sell experience

    I just bought this crumpler bag from B/S section on 29/6/09
    The buyer claimed it was new, so we agreed to meet up.
    We met up, he showed me the bag still in the plastic cover with the tag still on.
    Upon examination, i found the inserts a bit loose and not sticking that well.
    He reassured me that it would not be a issue if loaded it was filled with gear.
    So for a quick test, i took my camera(d90), another lens and grip to see how it would weigh down.
    It seemed fine, but the inserts issue still bothered me. He reassured me that it would not be an issue.

    As before we did transaction, i asked him for his personal guarantee for any problems. He said by this thur night, which i accepted.

    Fast forward to today(30/6/09), my bro took my bag out with my camera, another 2 lens, grip and a cleaning kit.He came home telling me, that the gear kept moving out of place.
    So, i msg the seller asking for a refund.
    He msg me telling me he would not do it, as I the buyer have accepted the condition of the bag and thus accept it was my own issue.
    After exchanging a few more msgs, he told me that he gave the personal guarantee out of good will.
    He does not want to refund me my money and constantly blames my own judgment for this problem.

    Please comment on this issue whether positive/ negative.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    If the inserts bother you that much, you shouldn't have agreed to the transaction.

  3. #3
    Senior Member GENO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Teddy Bear Land
    Posts
    2,981

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    To TS, if u are a picky person, please buy new from a shop..dont complain if you want to save on 2rd hand and have less problem later.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    yea, you agreed on the transaction in the first place. It's not his obligation to agree to a refund

  5. #5
    Senior Member luna_sea83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Have u compared yours to the crumpler shop? see whether does it happen to tht particular model?

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    agree with the rest.... if you doubt it, you should not buy.

  7. #7
    Member Fatah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    yeah,,To TS,..u must take the risk of buying 2nd hand stuff. If u feel unsure, then better go for 1st hand. Where u can interrogate the salesperson badly. I have also sold some of my item in B/S here. I always remind buyers. - That you are buying this at your own risk. Seller will not be responsible on any damages after transaction. So please check the item carefully before purchasing".

    It really zing me up when..people expecting warranty or receipt. Since in B/S i've already stated no receipt or warranty and etc. So just a gentle reminder to TS. Please read the clause of Buy/Sell.

    YOU R BUYING 2ND HAND>> SO NO ONE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OF THE DAMAGES.
    WHO SAYS A EXPENSIVE DSLR CAN TAKE A GOOD PHOTO.

  8. #8

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Quote Originally Posted by yannick87 View Post
    I just bought this crumpler bag from B/S section on 29/6/09
    The buyer claimed it was new, so we agreed to meet up.
    We met up, he showed me the bag still in the plastic cover with the tag still on.
    Upon examination, i found the inserts a bit loose and not sticking that well.
    He reassured me that it would not be a issue if loaded it was filled with gear.
    So for a quick test, i took my camera(d90), another lens and grip to see how it would weigh down.
    It seemed fine, but the inserts issue still bothered me. He reassured me that it would not be an issue.

    As before we did transaction, i asked him for his personal guarantee for any problems. He said by this thur night, which i accepted.

    Fast forward to today(30/6/09), my bro took my bag out with my camera, another 2 lens, grip and a cleaning kit.He came home telling me, that the gear kept moving out of place.
    So, i msg the seller asking for a refund.
    He msg me telling me he would not do it, as I the buyer have accepted the condition of the bag and thus accept it was my own issue.
    After exchanging a few more msgs, he told me that he gave the personal guarantee out of good will.
    He does not want to refund me my money and constantly blames my own judgment for this problem.

    Please comment on this issue whether positive/ negative.
    Thank you.
    Gear keep moving out of place may be normal. I experienced this even with LowePro bag. Eg: Put the lens upright, after some walking, the lens goes onto its side. And for heavier lenses, the inserts sometimes will be bent, almost coming out of place.

    So do check... maybe you're being too overly-concerned about the issue for nothing.

    In any case, you don't have a case to fight for here. I guess the seller should refund you only if you find something really amiss with the bag. In this case, it's not justified, IMHO.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    well, the inserts can be reshaped to form whichever layout you prefer.

    for most of my bags, i'll buy extra inserts or if i have 2 from same brand, i'll swap around... a standard bag is just for general purpose, they won't give you extra stuff, just basic items. its up to you to redo the layout. its like if you have say, a 50mm, which is rather small, and you bought a big bag with big compartments that can put in long lens, how? then buy small partitioning inserts to secure it.

    iirc, all crumpler camera bags have internal linings that can attach to velcro, you can get inserts from them or other brands.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #10

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    TS is jus been picky. loose inserts is expected with 2nd hand items.
    My Flickr Album . Pls come in and comments ~
    www.flickr.com/photos/ragnarokex

  11. #11

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Quote Originally Posted by RagnarokEx View Post
    TS is jus been picky. loose inserts is expected with 2nd hand items.
    Thought he mentioned that the seller promised that the bag is new?

    Maybe it is the way you place the insert. try to rearrange them again.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

  12. #12

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Unless the velcro is not sticking, if not the loose insets shouldn't be a problem I have a crumpler cam bag too and the velcros are really 'sticky'.
    Just rearrange the insets to fit your gears, should be fine. And the insets are all well-padded, protection against slight movements is good.
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 1st July 2009 at 12:44 PM. Reason: .

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    If it's just your gear moving out of place then it would be how you place the inserts and gear. Unless the inserts get 'unstuck', i see no reason to argue about this.

  14. #14

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    I dont see why you are in the wrong. The seller claimed it was new, and he offered a personal guarantee. Goodwill or not, the fact that he agreed hints that his understanding of the word 'guarantee' is laughable.
    Those of you who said that it's the buyers fault for agreeing to the transaction even though he had some doubts, well, lets see how you'd react when put in a similar situation.

    TS, I doubt you'll get your money back. Best to just alert as many people as possible to his identity.

    rf


    Quote Originally Posted by yannick87 View Post
    I just bought this crumpler bag from B/S section on 29/6/09
    The buyer claimed it was new, so we agreed to meet up.
    We met up, he showed me the bag still in the plastic cover with the tag still on.
    Upon examination, i found the inserts a bit loose and not sticking that well.
    He reassured me that it would not be a issue if loaded it was filled with gear.
    So for a quick test, i took my camera(d90), another lens and grip to see how it would weigh down.
    It seemed fine, but the inserts issue still bothered me. He reassured me that it would not be an issue.

    As before we did transaction, i asked him for his personal guarantee for any problems. He said by this thur night, which i accepted.

    Fast forward to today(30/6/09), my bro took my bag out with my camera, another 2 lens, grip and a cleaning kit.He came home telling me, that the gear kept moving out of place.
    So, i msg the seller asking for a refund.
    He msg me telling me he would not do it, as I the buyer have accepted the condition of the bag and thus accept it was my own issue.
    After exchanging a few more msgs, he told me that he gave the personal guarantee out of good will.
    He does not want to refund me my money and constantly blames my own judgment for this problem.

    Please comment on this issue whether positive/ negative.
    Thank you.

  15. #15

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    from my experience, i only buy 2nd hand when i knew the seller very well.

    buying first-hand / brand new from shops save u from a lot of problems, plus u get warranty from manufacturer, instalment payment scheme & a peace of mind.

    got money, always buy first hand loh

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder_fan View Post
    Those of you who said that it's the buyers fault for agreeing to the transaction even though he had some doubts, well, lets see how you'd react when put in a similar situation.

    Don't be silly. Of course, I'd be disappointed. However, I'd also be smart enough to understand it's my fault and I wouldn't complain about it


    (Not saying TS is complaining though, he's just clarifying and i hope he now knows to be extra careful when dealing 2nd-hand )

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    expose the guy since it is fraud here.

    - Claimed "new"
    - Personal guarantee

    out of goodwill or not, if he guaranteed it, then he should take responsibility. These are the kind of black sheep that makes the Buy Sell so untrustworthy. If cannot back up your words, dont guarantee.

  18. #18
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Agree with this. The seller assured him that the inserts will not be a problem when loaded full with gear; a condition that the buyer had no chance to test at the point of sale. The seller next said he would give a personal guarantee, which can only reasonably be read as saying that "You buy now, go back try, got problem with inserts I will guarnatee". This guarantee was to mislead the buyer into closing the sale even when he had doubts on the inserts issue. With the guarantee, he felt safe in buying; but that turned out to be a false security.

    Assuming everything the buyer said is true and can be backed up; without any counterview from the seller; legally speaking, the seller is in the wrong.

    I also concur with your assessment that people say other peopel are just complainers/whiners when it does not happen to them. These are the same type of people on the Straits Times Discussion Board, singing the same old song whenever someone posts a complaint on the ST Forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder_fan View Post
    I dont see why you are in the wrong. The seller claimed it was new, and he offered a personal guarantee. Goodwill or not, the fact that he agreed hints that his understanding of the word 'guarantee' is laughable.
    Those of you who said that it's the buyers fault for agreeing to the transaction even though he had some doubts, well, lets see how you'd react when put in a similar situation.

    TS, I doubt you'll get your money back. Best to just alert as many people as possible to his identity.

    rf
    Last edited by vince123123; 2nd July 2009 at 09:37 AM.

  19. #19
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    Cannot side any party..all parties got fault..

    Seller - Personal guarantee but never honour his words

    Buyer - Should try before buy, if in doubt don't buy
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  20. #20
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: My bad Buy/Sell experience

    • we do not know the actual condition of the "new" bag
    • we do not know if the TS reconfigured the inserts to suit his equipment, so that it will not move around

    TS i suggest:
    try to reconfigure the insert to fit your equipment
    post a picture of the "new" bag and the inserts, showing what is actually the problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •