Thread: Lindau, Germany

Default Lindau, Germany

I'm actually in Lindau, Germany now and will have a spare day this friday evening to sunday morning

is anyone familiar with this region, and would anyone recommend me to go over to zurich and spend a night there, or go over to austria, meersburg or anywhere?

thanks!
    pedantic.

Default Re: Lindau, Germany

I am planning to go there in August. Tripadvisor or lindau.de can give you better information than me.

Nevertheless, in my planned itinerary, I am staying in Meersburg as a base to drive around the towns around Lake Constance. Meersburg has the oldest castle in Germany, but there are no train connections for that town as far as I know.

Some notable visits around Lake Constance will be the Zeppelin Museum at Friedrichshafen and the medieval town of Uberlingen. If you have the extra time, you might want to take a ferry over to the town Konstanz for their aquarium and museums. And from Konstanz, there is scenic cruise up the Rhine river which will stop by Stein Am Rhein. And the cruise will stop at Schaffausen in Switzerland, one of the best waterfalls in Europe.

I am not too sure if you can squeeze all these into 2 days. You just might want to take Lindau, Friedrichshafen, Meersburg and Uberlingen only.
    40D, 50mm f1.8 and nothing else

IMO, maybe you could consider the romantic road. If you have purchase rail pass, then romantic road may not be good idea. If you have rail pass, maybe go Munich. From there can further to Salzburg.

If have been there, go Regensberg. Just 2 cents....

Quote Originally Posted by thejerrytan View Post
    I am planning to go there in August. Tripadvisor or lindau.de can give you better information than me.

Nevertheless, in my planned itinerary, I am staying in Meersburg as a base to drive around the towns around Lake Constance. Meersburg has the oldest castle in Germany, but there are no train connections for that town as far as I know.

Some notable visits around Lake Constance will be the Zeppelin Museum at Friedrichshafen and the medieval town of Uberlingen. If you have the extra time, you might want to take a ferry over to the town Konstanz for their aquarium and museums. And from Konstanz, there is scenic cruise up the Rhine river which will stop by Stein Am Rhein. And the cruise will stop at Schaffausen in Switzerland, one of the best waterfalls in Europe.

I am not too sure if you can squeeze all these into 2 days. You just might want to take Lindau, Friedrichshafen, Meersburg and Uberlingen only.
    i'm back already.. was in lindau for six days straight but with the remaining days i went over to bregenz (austria) which is pretty near, and took a train to zurich as well (1.5hrs ride)

if you want to go to meersburg you could take the ferry from lindau harbour as an alternative
    pedantic.