Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: which smartphone?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default which smartphone?

    K800i spoilt finally and \have to get a new one.
    Looking at smartphones i) HTC Touch Diamond2 ii) HTC Magic iii) Samsung i900 Omnia (16GB) iv) Nokia N97.

    Played with Omnia feels its a bit on the slow side (e.g. menu). Portrait<->Landscape switch was ok. Want more alarms and promoter says 3 alarms only.

    Seems most shops don't have a demo set for HTC dunno why. Tried both Singtel and M1 already but all says dun hv. :|

    Anyone tried either HTCs and Omnia? or N97?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    K800i spoilt finally and \have to get a new one.
    Looking at smartphones i) HTC Touch Diamond2 ii) HTC Magic iii) Samsung i900 Omnia (16GB) iv) Nokia N97.

    Played with Omnia feels its a bit on the slow side (e.g. menu). Portrait<->Landscape switch was ok. Want more alarms and promoter says 3 alarms only.

    Seems most shops don't have a demo set for HTC dunno why. Tried both Singtel and M1 already but all says dun hv. :|

    Anyone tried either HTCs and Omnia? or N97?
    I would say, this is something that you should venture out and try yourself. Because we cannot choose something that you'll own for 2 years. You should have no regrets. Read some reviews, and make the choice. I'm sure whatever phone you choose you'll enjoy it. Technology updates so fast. So stick to something that'd you like rather, than trying to be latest.


    GMAN

  3. #3

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    The underlying technology is the same for all your selected models. Worn't be a lot of diff either way you choose.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    I would say, this is something that you should venture out and try yourself. Because we cannot choose something that you'll own for 2 years. You should have no regrets. Read some reviews, and make the choice. I'm sure whatever phone you choose you'll enjoy it. Technology updates so fast. So stick to something that'd you like rather, than trying to be latest.


    GMAN
    Feature wise I have the answers. So let me refine my question:
    Did anyone compare the response times of Omnia vs HTC and/or N97.
    Indeed hands on is important and the bloody problem is I tried almost 10 shops none of them have demo set for HTC Diamond2.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    the spec of new Acer F900 looks good, 3.8" screen with window mobile 6.1 and not too costly.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    is samsung omnia HD i8910 released in sgp yet?

  7. #7
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    i have sumsung pixon and ultra touch, not sure if they are consider smart phone, but i find their battery life way too short. and i am a light user.

    also, i find the touch screen not sensitive.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Replying u through htc magic, this is the coolest phone beside Iphone.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Replying u through htc magic, this is the coolest phone beside Iphone.
    Agree with you bro. The HTC magic is
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  10. #10

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Like most have said, it's really a personal choice. What I would add is HTC is running windows mobile software where the K800i that you were using is running symbian (?). I would stick to symbian (personal choice), if you do not need the latest & the greatest, the Nokia N71 is almost the perfect phone.

    Try the following website for reviews of the phones...

    www.gsmarena.com
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

  11. #11
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Replying u through htc magic, this is the coolest phone beside Iphone.
    HTC Hero is also Android and better hardware such as 5MP camera.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    HTC Hero is also Android and better hardware such as 5MP camera.
    heard about it but so far cannot find information on its arrival date in SGP.
    Similar for Omnia2.
    For Omnia HD, I read its already released in UK, USA maybe as far back as April but cannot find it in SGP still.

    One item I forgot to mention is it will be useful to have the option to edit simple excel / word files. Does this mean I am forced to use WinMo platform or the Andriod also have software supporting these file formats? I stress _simple_ edits. not graphics etc... just text.

  13. #13
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    heard about it but so far cannot find information on its arrival date in SGP.
    Similar for Omnia2.
    For Omnia HD, I read its already released in UK, USA maybe as far back as April but cannot find it in SGP still.

    One item I forgot to mention is it will be useful to have the option to edit simple excel / word files. Does this mean I am forced to use WinMo platform or the Andriod also have software supporting these file formats? I stress _simple_ edits. not graphics etc... just text.
    Android should have OpenOffice-like applications to open MS doc and xls files I guess?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Like most have said, it's really a personal choice. What I would add is HTC is running windows mobile software where the K800i that you were using is running symbian (?). I would stick to symbian (personal choice), if you do not need the latest & the greatest, the Nokia N71 is almost the perfect phone.

    Try the following website for reviews of the phones...

    www.gsmarena.com
    Thanks for the link. the site is informative.

  15. #15
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: which smartphone?


  16. #16

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    why android phone must have chin and nipple? is it a must to comply with this?

  17. #17

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    omnia is old phone. u should look at i8910 which should be released soon.

  18. #18

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    You cannot satisfy all your needs with one single phone.

    Every hardware has some good as well as some bad features.

    You must look for those phones which can satisfy your frequently used features like Call, SMS, Music, MMS, web browsing, email, Camera, Radio, GPS, Games etc.

    I am using Samsung Omnia now, and I seldom use most of its features, and Im only using 30% of my 16GB space.

    Next I want to try iPhone 3GS this month.

    The above are my 2cents comments. It depends on each individual interests.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    why android phone must have chin and nipple? is it a must to comply with this?
    From what I know, the chin is to protect the trackball and buttons...it bother....then it is not as bad as you think once you get use to it

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: which smartphone?

    Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    omnia is old phone. u should look at i8910 which should be released soon.
    indeed and I've been asking around what is "soon" but no one can tell including samsung staff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •