Thread: Nature around us going unnoticed?

Smile Nature around us going unnoticed?

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    I would like feedback on the composition.
    I was using an old 5MP PNS camera and the settings were on a sunset scene mode or I would have wanted advice on techniques.
    Is the lighting and colour right?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    I guess I wanted to show how delicate some things in nature can be and I wanted to show that such amazing things that occur in nature are among us and we do not notice them most of the times.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    I felt some excitement as I really have such opportunites. I had to rush a little cause I was on holiday and the rest of my cousins were waiting for me. I framed the picture as how I liked it and took a few photos. There was a slight breeze blowing at the web but my camera took it at 1/125 and f/4.4.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
    I think it's one of my best macro shots on a PNS camera. (I still use PNS.)
    I like the way the photo is framed but I feel that the background could be improved and also the sharpness of the spider and the web.

Please help! It's my first post here. thanks!!

Default Re: Nature around us going unnoticed?

If you could ask the Moderator to move this to the Macro section, you will get valuable advice and suggestion.

i like the concept of this photo but i think a little pp would help put more emphasis on it.

use some adjustment layers to bring some dynamism to the photo and to add more contrast between the foreground and background. this will help bring out the spider and draw attention to it.

here's what i've done. please tell me if you want this removed.

It's a pity about the blurred spider though... and the background lights which is overwhelming. Maybe PP it off it's distracting?

it's a nice capture.
    but i think the composition could just be centralised.
    since the spiderweb has a strong pattern in itself.
    and it's a pity that there's a strong light behind the spider.
    perhaps the recomposition to make it more centralised would solved that problem too, IMO

other than positioning of elements, there is something called weight.

the right amount of weight given to an element is very important.

if it is too small, all is lost. if it is too big, all is lost. in short, the spider is too small here.