Thread: How to fire flash?

Default How to fire flash?

Hey guys, I'm gonna get a 2nd hand flash later and I know nuts about flash so just wanna ask how do I fire a flash (Canon 430EX) manually without the camera ?

I don't have a camera now cause just sold my old one away and going to get a new one real soon (: Yeah.

Thanks lots (:

Default Re: How to fire flash?

Press on PILOT button.

i suggest you borrow a camera, or maybe ask the buyer to bring his camera along for you to test the flash.

By using the pilot button to test, you are only testing if the flash can fire.

You'll need to test the full working condition of the flash, like zooming etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    i suggest you borrow a camera, or maybe ask the buyer to bring his camera along for you to test the flash.

By using the pilot button to test, you are only testing if the flash can fire.

You'll need to test the full working condition of the flash, like zooming etc.
    i agree. that's the best way.
    cameras are not made of tofu

Ask a friend a long who's more knowledgable to help you try it out on a camera?

Maybe look at the flash model's manual online now and study it so you can at least understand it a bit and not be blur when you go?