Default which compact flash is better ? Sandisk or TwinMOS

Sandisk $60 for 128mb 5yr warranty @Alan Photo
    TwinMOS $59 for 128mb 2yr warranty @Twinmos office

tks

Quote Originally Posted by lufu

tks

Dun think Sandisk offered 5 year warranty at all, only limited lifetime warranty. So if product is discontinued right after you buy, no more warranty (depends how they work it out, like after 6 months warranty ends etc.) Speed is terribly slow for the standard Sandisk CF, only of the slowest at < 10x for write.

For Twinmos, speed is like 20x-25x. For best performance + warranty + compatibility, I recommend Kingston. Similarly priced (around that range for such lower end cards), with write speed of about 15x and read speed of about 30x, also decent enough for normal or higher end digicam, not for DSLR..... Warranty is 5 years.

Some reviews here for you to read:
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...ftest-2k2.html
    http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/...est-2k2-2.html

My feel is that go for the better support locally, like Kingston (Convergent at SLS) and even Transcend (Memory World at SLS). For Twinmos I not really sure coz never use their product before. Me have RMA Kingston DDR Ram, back in less than a week. Now using Transcend 1GB 30x and Hagiwara 256MB (heard many problems when using in cold weather).

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    tks
    The normal Sandisks are very slow, so I would avoid them. The new generation of Sandisk Ultras are very very fast, but they are also very expensive.

TwinMOS is like in the middle ground. Average performance for average price.

If you want reasonably fast with reasonable price, the Transcend x45 series is good. Check them out at Eastgear. Note : your definition of "reasonable" might be different from mine :-) BTW, check out www.robgalbraith.com for its very good CF database.