Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Point & Shoot Film camera

  1. #1

    Default Point & Shoot Film camera

    Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend me a relatively cheap point and shoot auto film camera?

  2. #2

    Default

    How cheap is cheap to you?

  3. #3

    Default

    I am looking for a camera that cost less than $200.

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer
    I am looking for a camera that cost less than $200.
    Check out the Olympus mju series!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In the Shepherd's hands
    Posts
    690

    Default

    I second that!

    My Olympus Mju-II, at $140 (new!) is my carry-everywhere camera.

    Fast f2.8 aperture means less dependence on flash.

    Spot metering makes difficult shots easier.

    Water resistance means no worries about rain or spills.

    It's so light & small you don't even need a case or bag.

    But i tell u ah, the rewind takes forever! To me that's the worst fault.

    2nd worst fault is, it resets to auto mode every time you turn it off.

  6. #6

    Default

    Tks guys! I will go and check it out this camera.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d7t3
    I second that!

    My Olympus Mju-II, at $140 (new!) is my carry-everywhere camera.

    Fast f2.8 aperture means less dependence on flash.

    Spot metering makes difficult shots easier.

    Water resistance means no worries about rain or spills.

    It's so light & small you don't even need a case or bag.

    But i tell u ah, the rewind takes forever! To me that's the worst fault.

    2nd worst fault is, it resets to auto mode every time you turn it off.
    Wow, share leh where to get at $140!!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer
    Hi there,
    Can anyone recommend me a relatively cheap point and shoot auto film camera?
    Do you need to have manual controls (e.g. manual aperture setting)? If not, I second AdamGoi and d7t3 that the Mju series is a good start. Otherwise, you need to consider something like a 2nd hand Ricoh GR1, which goes for SGD$372 on ebay.com...

    Btw, today I saw on ST there was an offer of a 2MP Olympus (?) digital compact for $200. I personally think digital compacts are worth considering. They are more economical to run in long term. And nowadays, most people share photos online and most labs can print directly from your memory cards.

    Just my $0.02.
    Last edited by johnyu; 5th December 2003 at 12:36 PM.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    In the Shepherd's hands
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Wow, share leh where to get at $140!!!
    at one of the stores popular on CS...

    if it's the mju digital that's going for $200, it's probably a good bargain. probably around the same design as the mju-II?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •