Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photographer : What do u all do when models no show ?

Default Re: Photographer : What do u all do when models no show ?

Photographer : What do u all do when models no show ?
    for age 3 and above.

for 6 and above

For all artists

For adult only

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Sorry la lol, don't wanna jump the gun.

Vanessa Tuan, anyone find this name familiar? To my knowledge, she has already aeroplaned two shoots this year. Used to be popular in early 2009
    Hmmm... Is the fact that you guys may have blacklisted her already the reason why nobody commented on my latest P&P posting? Whatever happened to her supposed fanclub?

Anyway, I've already engaged her in a few shoots, and so far I've always enjoyed working with her...

I really have no idea this is happening.....

what u shoot determines your market value in the industry... think about it... often clients will 'label' u from the kind of photos u took...
    Last edited by Exposure; 30th June 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    what u shoot determines your market value in the industry... think about it... often clients will 'label' u from the kind of photos u took...
    Care to elaborate?

Interesting Reads:

Why Model Sites Suck -Photography is bad
    http://petitemodelingtips.blogspot.c...is-bad_09.html

Bad Photographer Or Bad Model?
    http://www.jurgita.com/forum/topic-2360

Female Glamour Photography
    http://www.female-photography.com/fe...hotography.htm

Trying to get past the Model Mayhem Level (bad)
    http://photo.net/photography-education-forum/00QWQG

Photographer ruled as unprofessional
    https://www.wilson-nesbitt.com/artic...fessional.html
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by joehani View Post
    I really like this!
    You will further not understand those who tells paying clients(photographers) "I will only do certain shoots with selected photographers which will be paid shoots." or "I dont do lingerie/nude and bikini shoots".

Is this the TREND : The models will TELL the photographers with their expensive toys what to shoot and how to shoot!

Most of the time, paid fashion shoots (in my experience)- the models will ask for their photos anyways. Happily, photographers give the images to the model, assuming they made good frens. . .hahhahahahhaha

Cheers to my fellow photographers (be it amateurs, understudies, apprentise)

I completely agree. Hats off to you bro

Worst is those kind of models who post Bikini/Lingerie images on their portfolio (or even IMPLIED), but yet they will say "no thank you" for such themed shoots. Sooooooooo what's the point of posting those pics if they cannot do it ? For attention maybe?
    Nikon D7000 + D90 + 50 f1.4d | 80-200 f2.8 | T 12-24 f4 | S 30 f1.4 | 18-200
    Multiply

Quote Originally Posted by mojims View Post
    Hmmm... Is the fact that you guys may have blacklisted her already the reason why nobody commented on my latest P&P posting? Whatever happened to her supposed fanclub?

Anyway, I've already engaged her in a few shoots, and so far I've always enjoyed working with her...

I really have no idea this is happening.....
    This is getting personal but although she has indeed aeroplaned more than a couple of shoots by various organisers (not sure about private, unable to comment), she is certainly not in my blacklist of untrustable models.

As discussed previously, we will never know whether a model is truely ill or sincerely unable to attend a shoot.

With regards to sick model or no model, it is up to the model and/or photographer.

vince123123
    Guests

Why is giving feedback on model's no-show "getting personal". I don't see how it can be considered as "getting personal". Like that all types of feedback will be deemed "getting personal".

Just as you can never know if a model is truly ill or sincerely unable; we will also never know that she is really flying aeroplane. Hence, just state your experiences narratively in a factual fashion and let the audience decide. If the model wants to rebutt here, she can.

The last sentence has no discernable meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    This is getting personal but although she has indeed aeroplaned more than a couple of shoots by various organisers (not sure about private, unable to comment), she is certainly not in my blacklist of untrustable models.

As discussed previously, we will never know whether a model is truely ill or sincerely unable to attend a shoot.

With regards to sick model or no model, it is up to the model and/or photographer.
    Last edited by vince123123; 30th June 2009 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    I second that as well.

Good to make this a group effort to get the community moving into a massive black-list strategy imho.

But what if the model really sick? Ask for MC?
    Well, if she is really sick, unless it is a critical life and death situation, common decency and basic courtesy dictates that she could at the very least, put a call through or SMS if shy.

Anything else is just sheer irresponsible, inconsiderate and rude.

I agree with the radio DJ's point that Singaporeans are well educated but sadly lacking in social graces - just doing my bit to promote a more civil and gracious society - at least in CS

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Well, if she is really sick, unless it is a critical life and death situation, common decency and basic courtesy dictates that she could at the very least, put a call through or SMS if shy.

I agree with the radio DJ's point that Singaporeans are well educated but sadly lacking in social graces - just doing my bit to promote a more civil and gracious society - at least in CS
    Fully Agreed.

At least a call/sms to say can't make it on the designated day & time. To reschedule, sorry, blah blah blah etc .....Whatever it is .... at least the other party knows that you're aware of the appointment but due to whatever reasons, you can't make it.

Try waiting for > 1hr at a location & making numerous calls but no reply.
    550D.430EX.EFs55-250.EF50II.Sigma17-70

from past experience, i had learnt to avoid shoots on Sundays becos Sat nites are party nites, high chance u get to shoot "pandas" & "zombies"...

i still remembered 1 year ago at Ann Siang Hill, this model just left Zouk at 7am and proceed straight to shoot venue, do u know how horrible she look throughout the shoot ? should rename the theme as " Sleeping Beauty " and i wonder are those "7 dwarfs" the dumb photographers themselves ? in such a case it will be better for her to disappear or go home and we get some refunds from it.
    Last edited by Exposure; 1st July 2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Fully Agreed.

At least a call/sms to say can't make it on the designated day & time. To reschedule, sorry, blah blah blah etc .....Whatever it is .... at least the other party knows that you're aware of the appointment but due to whatever reasons, you can't make it.

Try waiting for > 1hr at a location & making numerous calls but no reply.
    I did not say that the related model in the issue did not make calls/smses to report sick. Infact she did.

If TS experienced a aeroplane without even last min call/sms, i can certainly understand his fraustration.

The health care system in Singapore must be horrible, especially for older people. I said this because of all the hospitalization and death I learned about through models flaking out.

I will buy it, if model said mother/father in hospital. That said, if her parent is in the hospital, and is not life threatening, or is in there for a while, life goes on. I will still considered it a flake. Ok, if the parent was jsut admitted, maybe.

Now, when it gets to grandparent, her excuse is that much less persuasive. Brother and sisters, a lot less.

Then, the most common is uncle or aunty. Why? I believe it is because they think it is bad joss to say her parents, siblings or grand parent is in the hospital. however, there are so many aunty and uncle, no problem. perfect excuse.

BS, it's an excuse alright, but it is not an acceptable excuse at all.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    The health care system in Singapore must be horrible, especially for older people. I said this because of all the hospitalization and death I learned about through models flaking out.

I will buy it, if model said mother/father in hospital. That said, if her parent is in the hospital, and is not life threatening, or is in there for a while, life goes on. I will still considered it a flake. Ok, if the parent was jsut admitted, maybe.

Now, when it gets to grandparent, her excuse is that much less persuasive. Brother and sisters, a lot less.

Then, the most common is uncle or aunty. Why? I believe it is because they think it is bad joss to say her parents, siblings or grand parent is in the hospital. however, there are so many aunty and uncle, no problem. perfect excuse.

BS, it's an excuse alright, but it is not an acceptable excuse at all.
    This is another issue altogether, and I totally agree with you on this.

But what if the model herself is sick, and actually does manage to tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by mojims View Post
    This is another issue altogether, and I totally agree with you on this.

But what if the model herself is sick, and actually does manage to tell you?
    If the model is sick, you don't simply sms, you better call. ok, when you sms, you better give some explanation. And if you know earlier, like you are already sick the night before or the day before, please advise asap. Calling in the morning of the shoot is very suspicious.

If the model is sick all the time, then, I jdut can't risk to engage her. Simple as that.

Unfortunately, most of the time, all we get from the models are, "I am not feeling well, can we cancel" ... leeds one to wonder, how true is it, and how much has it to do with a serious hungover.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    If the model is sick all the time, then, I jdut can't risk to engage her. Simple as that.
    I think this sentence from DP sums it all up.

Happily, photographers give the images to the model, assuming they made good frens. . .hahhahahahhaha
    lol lol lol

this made me laugh

well, it is good professional behaviour to follow the model around like a puppy with loving eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    lol lol lol

this made me laugh

well, it is good professional behaviour to follow the model around like a puppy with loving eyes!

That's how bayshore sleeping mysteries comes about.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Woo i love such threads. No use naming the mollers. Some mollers have good contacts nad managed to get into good books of some photographers here so occasional compliants not effective. There will be some forumers reply saying that this moller is good. Shh be discreet with ideas. Some are just out to communicate and get tips from you then go do and modify the theme with other photogs.

I really like this!
    You will further not understand those who tells paying clients(photographers) "I will only do certain shoots with selected photographers which will be paid shoots." or "I dont do lingerie/nude and bikini shoots".

Is this the TREND : The models will TELL the photographers with their expensive toys what to shoot and how to shoot!

Most of the time, paid fashion shoots (in my experience)- the models will ask for their photos anyways. Happily, photographers give the images to the model, assuming they made good frens. . .hahhahahahhaha

Cheers to my fellow photographers (be it amateurs, understudies, apprentise)
    fren, u had not seen the worse some even developed large prints, framed it and presented as a gift to models during event shows. U think lah, use money to shoot , use money to develop ... maybe they are hoping to know the model and become galfren one day lah Man is Man .. irregardless of age, race and camera brand.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast