Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photographer : What do u all do when models no show ?

Default Re: Photographer : What do u all do when models no show ?

Maybe the forum should have a NO-SHOW list ... like the price guide list ...

550D.430EX.EFs55-250.EF50II.Sigma17-70

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post

I second that ....

I second that as well.

Good to make this a group effort to get the community moving into a massive black-list strategy imho.

But what if the model really sick? Ask for MC?

I can never understand why guys buy such expensive equipment to photograph gals for free and most of the time the gals were just using them (ie. no strings attached). Such arrangements never make sense to me. If the guy needs some portfolio for the glamour field, he should pay and look up full time and / or reputable models with help of art directors and not some students or unemployed gals moon-lighting online.
    Last edited by eyes; 29th June 2009 at 09:29 AM.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

vince123123
    Guests

Never heard of her before; maybe you can post a link to her portfolio or site or something so we can see who she is. Maybe the face will ring a bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Sorry la lol, don't wanna jump the gun.

Vanessa Tuan, anyone find this name familiar? To my knowledge, she has already aeroplaned two shoots this year. Used to be popular in early 2009

Just curious.

Kena no show from a model. Damn
    is professional model, talent, or xmm?

very big difference. lolx..
    sigh.

I guess this is the model TS referring to..

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

What do u all do when models no show ?
    I become my own model.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    I can never understand why guys buy such expensive equipment to photograph gals for free and most of the time the gals were just using them (ie. no strings attached). Such arrangements never make sense to me. If the guy needs some portfolio for the glamour field, he should pay and look up full time and / or reputable models with help of art directors and not some students or unemployed gals moon-lighting online.
    food for thought

To TS, so who is the model?

These idle talks are interesting, but serve absolutely no purpose, unless we have the back bone to back up what we are talking about.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    To TS, so who is the model?

These idle talks are interesting, but serve absolutely no purpose, unless we have the back bone to back up what we are talking about.
    Dp, even if we somehow extort the name from TS, it won't serve any purpose unless it enters a public record. Hope you agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Dp, even if we somehow extort the name from TS, it won't serve any purpose unless it enters a public record. Hope you agree with me.
    thought ts mentioned already?
    Vanessa Tuan??
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    thought ts mentioned already?
    Vanessa Tuan??
    Vanessa was a model who did infact miss shoots, but is not the one TS refers to (i assume no coincidence).

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post

xmm = xiao mei mei ??
    550D.430EX.EFs55-250.EF50II.Sigma17-70

xmm = xiao mei mei ??
    yea.. half of all mollers are xmms. lol
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown View Post

In singapore I think regardless of whether it is a professional model, talent or xmm, there are still significant chances of no show.

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post

I really like this!
    You will further not understand those who tells paying clients(photographers) "I will only do certain shoots with selected photographers which will be paid shoots." or "I dont do lingerie/nude and bikini shoots".

Is this the TREND : The models will TELL the photographers with their expensive toys what to shoot and how to shoot!

Most of the time, paid fashion shoots (in my experience)- the models will ask for their photos anyways. Happily, photographers give the images to the model, assuming they made good frens. . .hahhahahahhaha

Cheers to my fellow photographers (be it amateurs, understudies, apprentise)

Quote Originally Posted by joehani View Post
    I really like this!
    You will further not understand those who tells paying clients(photographers) "I will only do certain shoots with selected photographers which will be paid shoots." or "I dont do lingerie/nude and bikini shoots".

Is this the TREND : The models will TELL the photographers with their expensive toys what to shoot and how to shoot!

Most of the time, paid fashion shoots (in my experience)- the models will ask for their photos anyways. Happily, photographers give the images to the model, assuming they made good frens. . .hahhahahahhaha

Well said. These "photographers" are willing to give the photos away to the models even though they pay the models for the shoot (Dunno why, but maybe you hit the nail on its head) LOL. Unless it is TFCD or close friends, if those paid models come and request for the photos, I will let them eat 閉門羮。

Quote Originally Posted by joehani View Post
    I really like this!

This is getting OT......but it is well said!

I guess it takes a while for hot blooded men to know poisons do usually tastes sweet but bitter death comes swiftly after.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast