Thread: Display Calibrator

Default Display Calibrator

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum to post this.

Last week I bought a calibrator (Gretagmacbeth / Patone Huey) from Buy Sell forum (Seller :Noelthegreat, HP: 83828552)

After installing, I find that when viewing pictures on Camera RAW, the pictures turn out to have a greenish/yellowish hue as seen below.

Without the calibrator the color is normal:

I borrowed a same calibrator from another friend to try and the results

So I have these 2 questions

1) Anybody can tell me what is wrong with the calibrator that I have bought? And if it needs repair, where can I get it.

2) Anybody know Noelthegreat, can help to feedback to him regarding this problem? I tried calling / PM him but his handphone is off and no reply from PM. Perhaps he is out of the country or otherwise.

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Display Calibrator

This is FAQ and feedback about the forum, not a seller. You might want to try Kopitiam.
    Alpha

radiowave,

could you share more info on how did you use the unit? laptop, desktop? monitor type? lcd? white point?

cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by radiowave View Post
    Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum to post this.

Last week I bought a calibrator (Gretagmacbeth / Patone Huey) from Buy Sell forum (Seller :Noelthegreat, HP: 83828552)

After installing, I find that when viewing pictures on Camera RAW, the pictures turn out to have a greenish/yellowish hue as seen below.

Without the calibrator the color is normal:

I borrowed a same calibrator from another friend to try and the results

So I have these 2 questions

1) Anybody can tell me what is wrong with the calibrator that I have bought? And if it needs repair, where can I get it.

2) Anybody know Noelthegreat, can help to feedback to him regarding this problem? I tried calling / PM him but his handphone is off and no reply from PM. Perhaps he is out of the country or otherwise.

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Hi qookhoo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using LCD monitor. I did the calibration on initial startup following the instructions given by the software. I downloaded the latest software 1.05 (IIRC).

What is white point?

The difference obtained between 2 calibrator makes me think that one of them has got a problem.

Dear radiowave,

as it's only mention as lcd. I still can't guess what is your full setup. Is it a desktop or notebook?

cheers...

Hi qookhoo,

Its a desktop LCD monitor setup. =)