View Poll Results: How is the movie?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Worth watching again !

    54 37.76%
  • I like it so MUCH ! !

    24 16.78%
  • So-So only , quite complicated.

    38 26.57%
  • Dont waste your time on it.

    27 18.88%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 156

Thread: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

  1. #21
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    the same can be said for any show.
    Very sweeping statement. Have you only watched mindless summer blockbusters?

  2. #22
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Very sweeping statement. Have you only watched mindless summer blockbusters?
    I made a sweeping statement because I was replying to what I thought was a sweeping statement.

    and I'm pretty certain I've watch more non mass produced-for-profit films than profit-driven films. I wouldn't say I'm a connoisseur, but while I have a high tolerance towards Hollywood and its shenanigans, I can't say the same for the recent excessive and self indulgent flick put out by Michael Bay.




    anyway, enough off topic discussion.
    chicken fight!

  3. #23

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    I thought the show was great! Story line was crap but the fighting scenes were great.
    Actually, i thought that everybody knows that going into this sorta movie(ie. harry potter, ironman, the hulk etc..), especially since its from Michael Bay, that the story would be total crap. It's like wrestling haha.

  4. #24
    Member terryansimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quahog, Rhode Island
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgreg View Post
    I thought the show was great! Story line was crap but the fighting scenes were great.
    Actually, i thought that everybody knows that going into this sorta movie(ie. harry potter, ironman, the hulk etc..), especially since its from Michael Bay, that the story would be total crap. It's like wrestling haha.
    ahahaha that was what my mate said with Michael Bay films.
    chicken fight!

  5. #25
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    What sweeping statement of lightning's were you referring to? Transformers 2 IS a movie that you don't want to think too much about, anyway.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    But then how come Transformers can take up the appearance of human being? The cartoon has this?
    Yea, and not counting the fact that bumblebee couldn't even figure out that she was a transformer

    Totally @#$%s up the plot

  7. #27

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    It like a mixture of Terminator 3, the Final Fantasy the Spirt Within, War of the World and Indiana Jones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Yea, and not counting the fact that bumblebee couldn't even figure out that she was a transformer

    Totally @#$%s up the plot

  8. #28
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Terminator 3
    Don't you mean Terminator Salvation?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Just watch these shows with a blank mind and enjoy the actions.

    Those loopholes didn't dent the overall feel of the show.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Aiyo. Terminator salvation is the 4th movie. 3rd one is the Rise of Machine, with the beautiful lady T-series terminator.

    Now. How many people have been watching StarTrek without knowing who those people were?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    Don't you mean Terminator Salvation?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Of course we cannot be thinking for such movie as the plot is very clear. Just like Alien vs Predator. For StarTrek, some thinking is still required as people are confused with the characters and time travel thing.

    For the critiques, there are merely comparing with their expectation against the nostalgic story.

    As I recall, all transformers require energjon cube (don't know how to spell) to survive right and any new born machine can either be Autobot or Decepticon depending on it's material origin but the 2 movies seemed to imply that all machine are decepticons.... bad.

    The movie lacks the color differentiation, thus when too many machines are running about, you don't know who from what. StarScream is suppose to be very sly but this one is too stupid.

    Well the director should film part 3 Galvatron attacks earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Just watch these shows with a blank mind and enjoy the actions.

    Those loopholes didn't dent the overall feel of the show.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Just came back from the movie. It was a fun movie, nothing more, nothing less. So I'm not sure what all the fuss is about here.

    Look, having seen the first one, we've all established that:
    1) We don't watch it for the awesome story lines
    2) We don't waste our time thinking about all those "loopholes"
    3) Acting, what acting? That said, John Turturro's character was hilarious!

    Let's just enjoy it for what is is, a darned rocking CGI mind blower! Heck, I'd be very concerned if the story involves Optimus' troubled childhood

  13. #33
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    I like Megan Fox better
    Agreed.....

    Like that part she was on the motorbike at the workshop..... with her 'Rear End' sticking up..... Thats HOT !!

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  14. #34
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Watched this movie yesterday. The only thing I can't figure out is there are two sets of constructicons????

    I though only one?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  15. #35
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Watched this movie yesterday. The only thing I can't figure out is there are two sets of constructicons????

    I though only one?
    Please leave your 'Brain' & 'Logic' outside the doors.....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  16. #36
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Please leave your 'Brain' & 'Logic' outside the doors.....
    Humm....... already emptied my mind before went in. Still kana influenced by the "Irregularities".
    Last edited by phoakm; 29th June 2009 at 11:12 AM.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  17. #37

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    The movie lacked some serious plot, storyline but overall it wasn't that bad. Why can't a blockbuster also have a storyline? Movie union prevents people from being fired?

    Oh, it would be nice if the decepticons weren't all grey... makes it hard to tell who's fighting when they all look the same.

  18. #38
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    The movie lacked some serious plot, storyline but overall it wasn't that bad. Why can't a blockbuster also have a storyline? Movie union prevents people from being fired?

    Oh, it would be nice if the decepticons weren't all grey... makes it hard to tell who's fighting when they all look the same.

    Worth wondering.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  19. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Its a military hardware porn movie. Except for the CGI, everything else is like watching a B-grade movie. It felt like the director had many different scenes in mind then later anyhow string them together. The first time I ever watched a movie and kept looking my watch wondering when it will all end. What a complete waste of money. Micheal Bay owes me S$8 and 2 freaking hours of my life. Rant over and out.
    Last edited by hazmee; 29th June 2009 at 11:21 AM.

  20. #40

    Default Re: Transformers II : Revenge Of The Fallen

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Its a military hardware porn movie. Except for the CGI, everything else is like watching a B-grade movie. It felt like the director had many different scenes in mind then later anyhow string them together. The first time I ever watched a movie and kept looking my watch wondering when it will all end. What a complete waste of money. Micheal Bay owes me S$8 and 2 freaking hours of my life. Rant over and out.
    So you're ok with 0.5 hours, since the movie was 2.5 hours long?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •