Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac G3 Worth Buying ????

Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    when is the last time u saw a blue screen on your XP patched to the latest version?
    haha. not recently, but i've seen it dump kernels on me. and not everyone's on XP. The question is, if you run the same photoshop filter on both machines, which one gets done faster? that's the thing people here are probably concerned with!

Quote Originally Posted by leonzhu
    The question is, if you run the same photoshop filter on both machines, which one gets done faster? that's the thing people here are probably concerned with!
    if you can configure it properly, windows can actually run faster than a mac. (in view of the above situation) BUT you face the increasing danger of it crashing, whereas macs are more stable.

haha. not recently, but i've seen it dump kernels on me. and not everyone's on XP. The question is, if you run the same photoshop filter on both machines, which one gets done faster? that's the thing people here are probably concerned with!
    Kernel dumps are usually hardware failure or device driver errors. Macs crash too, it is because Apple control tightly the hardware besides the OS that there is far less issue on device drivers until recently.

Photoshop filters? With only a few selected exception (that of course Steve Job will only show), the PC is really faster. I mean, it takes 2 G5 processors to match the speed of say a P4 3.2 EE or AthlonXP 3200, which is faster?

FACT: Apple was forced to withdraw from UK the ad that stated that it was the fastest personal computer (actually, it is the fastest under certain job, but not all the time).

If you want to spend $$$, get a Athlon64 system. That should cost about S$2k+ with a decent (not top of the line) graphics card, 1GB RAM and 120 GB HD, w/o monitor.

Yes, it does give a rather integrated experience but with most of us here being more price sensative, the PC is the better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Kernel dumps are usually hardware failure or device driver errors. Macs crash too, it is because Apple control tightly the hardware besides the OS that there is far less issue on device drivers until recently.

Photoshop filters? With only a few selected exception (that of course Steve Job will only show), the PC is really faster. I mean, it takes 2 G5 processors to match the speed of say a P4 3.2 EE or AthlonXP 3200, which is faster?

FACT: Apple was forced to withdraw from UK the ad that stated that it was the fastest personal computer (actually, it is the fastest under certain job, but not all the time).

If you want to spend $$$, get a Athlon64 system. That should cost about S$2k+ with a decent (not top of the line) graphics card, 1GB RAM and 120 GB HD, w/o monitor.

Yes, it does give a rather integrated experience but with most of us here being more price sensative, the PC is the better solution.
    yes, price wise, it would certainly seem that Windows PCs are cheaper off the block. but it's not all about price or speed. you can be so much faster, but if the system hangs or crashes, that's IT. which is why the UNIX base of Mac OS X vastly improved the system.

yes, price wise, it would certainly seem that Windows PCs are cheaper off the block. but it's not all about price or speed. you can be so much faster, but if the system hangs or crashes, that's IT. which is why the UNIX base of Mac OS X vastly improved the system.
    I agree. If you get good stuff, PCs rarely hangs on XP or even 2k.

*Me dreams of a good Athlon64 system... *

yeah.. but mac has very very very little virus...

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    I agree. If you get good stuff, PCs rarely hangs on XP or even 2k.

*Me dreams of a good Athlon64 system... *

besides photo editing and video rendering...wat else can a mac system do..anyway..wat are the prices of a mac system like??

=)

Try look here:

http://www.apple.com/pro/

and Apple itself for more info. If you have exhausted there and have more q, ask again.

BTW, recently someone did a benchmark test on C1 Pro on both platform (all very high spec'ed)... PC generated the preview and thumbnails faster than Mac but the Mac process the RAW faster.

Mac or PC... again, it's all but a tool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12