Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to get filters for oly camera?

Originally posted by kylelam77
    well, my sky filter at 37mm doesnt produce any vignetting but my 37mm polariser does tho at wide angle.
    Hmms, where did you get your 37mm Polariser filter, what brand and how much?

well, my sky filter at 37mm doesnt produce any vignetting but my 37mm polariser does tho at wide angle.
    Same here, just bought a 37mm cokin polariser too and it gives vignetting while at the widest angle

Like what Jango has say, I think it's due to the double ring.....

ok, so it seems that i haf no choice but to get 2 adapters. There isnt a one adapter fits all filter rite? Sigh, so much for my 37mm polariser, star filter and uv.....
    Hee but at least you can still use ur flash

My lens adaptor is now on my cam for 24/7 without the need to remove it.

For star filter, you can try asking John 3:16?

Originally posted by Kevin
    Hmms, where did you get your 37mm Polariser filter, what brand and how much?
    I bot it at AP at ard 17 bucks. Dont exactly know how much it is cos i bot together with the adapter and sky filter. The brand's Vitacon btw.

I bot it at AP at ard 17 bucks. Dont exactly know how much it is cos i bot together with the adapter and sky filter. The brand's Vitacon btw.
    17 bucks is very cheap. Let me check my 55mm PL filter and see got vignetting or not.

i suppose so. I saw another 37mm c polariser on the web at alleyphoto website and they are selling for 21+. I think the brand's kenko.....

My 55mm hoya PL Filter got no vignetting at wide. The first photo cut off the reflection from the floor and the second one did not.

Model C2040Z
    Software v355p-73
    Datetime 2002:04:28 19:51:07
    Exposure time 1/6 s
    F-number 1.8
    Exposure program Normal program
    ISO speed ratings 400
    Date/time original 2002:04:28 19:51:07
    Date/time digitized 2002:04:28 19:51:07
    Max. aperture value 1.7
    Metering mode Pattern
    Light source Fluorescent
    Flash No
    Focal length 7.3 mm

Thanks!

Olympus2000
    Guests

er... what is vignetting har?

Originally posted by Olympus2000
    er... what is vignetting har?
    Vignetting is the block of part of the lens by the lens barrel, filters etc. causing the darkening of the corners of the pix.

In ultra-severe cases only a round patch in the centre of the pix is visible while the rest of the pix is black.

Would not the 43 to 37mm cause vignetting?? It is quite hard to believe because the 37mm is smaller than the olympus actual lens. Whenever, you have such situation, theoretically it should have vignetting..? Did you check properly?

My 55mm hoya PL Filter got no vignetting at wide.
    Since you are stepping up to 55mm, you will not get vignetting. But for those who step down, its almost certaing vignetting will be present especially with polarizer filters.

Originally posted by song
    Would not the 43 to 37mm cause vignetting?? It is quite hard to believe because the 37mm is smaller than the olympus actual lens. Whenever, you have such situation, theoretically it should have vignetting..? Did you check properly?
    Erm.. if the 37mm is smaller than the lens, then the lens will definately crash into the adaptor wat

The default thread size for the C2040Z is yes 43mm but the lens isn't.

you have the 43 to 37mm tube?? The lens is bigger than 37mm but smaller than 43mm. You can still fix in an end =37mm tube because it is initally 43mm. The slant into 37mm would allow thanand that is why i say vignetting is definate. I was surprise to hear someone saying no vignetting when using 37mm end tube.

The adapter i haf is stated as 41-37mm. To see some of the shots i haf taken with the skylight filter (37mm), go to this thread:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...&threadid=6428

The first as well as the last shots were shot at full wide-angle with the filter on.

The adapter looks like this:

i dun know y but the img tags dun seem to work......

Last edited by kylelam77; 4th May 2002 at 02:40 PM.

Originally posted by song
    you have the 43 to 37mm tube?? The lens is bigger than 37mm but smaller than 43mm. You can still fix in an end =37mm tube because it is initally 43mm. The slant into 37mm would allow thanand that is why i say vignetting is definate. I was surprise to hear someone saying no vignetting when using 37mm end tube.
    Erm...can assure you that with the 43mm-37mm adaptor + my UV filter, there was no vignetting seen. You can check out my gallery under the Street Shots and some of the night shot sections. Those are taken after I've gotten the adaptor.

Problem is only with the Polariser which I just bought and cos it's double the thickness of my UV filter (2 rings) thus got the vignetting problem.

same for me

Originally posted by Blitz

Erm...can assure you that with the 43mm-37mm adaptor + my UV filter, there was no vignetting seen. You can check out my gallery under the Street Shots and some of the night shot sections. Those are taken after I've gotten the adaptor.

Problem is only with the Polariser which I just bought and cos it's double the thickness of my UV filter (2 rings) thus got the vignetting problem.
    Blitz, did you remove your filter first before attching your PL filter (2 rings?).

Blitz, did you remove your filter first before attching your PL filter (2 rings?).
    As for me, I stach my CL on top of my UV filter....no viggy...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast