Thread: HOLUX GPS -Need Feedback

Default HOLUX GPS -Need Feedback

Hi, anyone here use a HOLUX GPS system? Particularly the GPSmile 62?

Need some feedback on its effectiveness i.e. how accurate, speed and user friendliness.

Thanks

Default Re: HOLUX GPS -Need Feedback

i personally prefer the Garmin GPS instead of Holux. in terms of user friendliness, it's more intuitive compared to holux. i've used holux over the weekend for a trial period and find it not very quick in response. i cannot remember the model number i've tried.

I'm using Garmin Nuvi 310 for the last 2 years and 3 months ago i upgraded to Nuvi 205w. In my personal opinion it offers more then what i demand and it's very
    reliable too.
    Actually i got the 205w from my friend as he is selling me much more cheaper then the market price otherwise i will still stick to my old model.

Thanks for the replies thus far...

...looks like not many HOLUX users? I heard that the GPSmile 62 is apparently faster....any comments?

Using the Holux 61, updated to the latest Papago2x software.

faster response than the previous mapking software. fixing completes less than 1 minute. The software GUI is better than mapking overall. In terms of usage experience, I prefered using the mapking version. Perhaps I am not used to the new software.

Interesting finding:

When heated up, my holux screen blanks out though the device is operational. You can still use it if you have perfect memory of the UI. I was not at this level. Takes 45min-1hr to recover after parking un-sheltered.

HOWEVER, this blank out never occurs after i had upgraded to Papago2x. You know why?

Well, I still can't figure out. . Can't be due to the software right?

Signing out.
    Photos we love. Yeah! :cool: