Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    congrats, pingz...another platform for the 18-50
    thanks! at least doing more justice to the 18-50 now

Congrats guys! I'm sure you've been having quite some fun there w/ the toys

Now let's think of something to shoot for our next outing ...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Congrats guys! I'm sure you've been having quite some fun there w/ the toys

Now let's think of something to shoot for our next outing ...

So much focus on K7,ya hor! when is the next
    outing?
    PENTAX l OldKMan

I got mine today with a 16-50. I am happy NOT to be the first!

Wondering if I should abandon Nikon after 26 years. I remember my parents' Pentax Spotmatic. My mom used to bring that on holidays. I still have it though it doesn't work anymore.

The K7 will do nicely with my LX, MX and Super A. Too bad I gave my K10D away.

Quote Originally Posted by pingz View Post
    grabbed my k7 from tk foto jus now.. went straight after receiving the call from emjay but the stocks haven't came yet and waited till it came.. haha.. unboxed with the staff at tk together..

Hi! So it was you The staff at TK mentioned about it.

Emjay also called to say go collect but stock had not arrived when i went there at 3.

Battery still charging so yet to try the new cam.

One thing for sure, will need a grip because my little finger no where to go. Guess I am so used to the grip being on my K10D permanently. But at $340, OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    I got mine today with a 16-50. I am happy NOT to be the first!

Wondering if I should abandon Nikon after 26 years. I remember my parents' Pentax Spotmatic. My mom used to bring that on holidays. I still have it though it doesn't work anymore.

The K7 will do nicely with my LX, MX and Super A. Too bad I gave my K10D away.
    Finally....Don't think so much,hold your K7 set up & "HO HO Koon" La!
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Finally....Don't think so much,hold your K7 set up & "HO HO Koon" La!
    Zzz...

Called us MS Color today to inquire about my pre-ordered K-7. They quoted the price just $1 short of the maximum, and asked me to call again to check availability tomorrow before I go down to collect (as I am overseas now and will only be back tomorrow afternoon)! In other words, if someone walks in before me, even though I pre-ordered, they will sell it off.

This is the first time I am dealing with MS Color. Am I just unlucky or are they just like that? My only other experience with pre-orders is with the EX200R from Parisilk, and they were kind enough to put it aside for me even though other customers are asking for it.

Just a little taken aback from the response from MS Color. Maybe I should go back to CP?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyon View Post
    Called us MS Color today to inquire about my pre-ordered K-7. They quoted the price just $1 short of the maximum, and asked me to call again to check availability tomorrow before I go down to collect (as I am overseas now and will only be back tomorrow afternoon)! In other words, if someone walks in before me, even though I pre-ordered, they will sell it off.

This is the first time I am dealing with MS Color. Am I just unlucky or are they just like that? My only other experience with pre-orders is with the EX200R from Parisilk, and they were kind enough to put it aside for me even though other customers are asking for it.

Just a little taken aback from the response from MS Color. Maybe I should go back to CP?

I went to MS Color at 9pm and they said I was the 4th out of the 5 pre-orders and they only have 6 sets. so yupz, I dunno if you will be able to convince them to set it aside for you before someone else walks in.

They charged me 2% for cc usage for the pre-order price. What about the rest of you at TK, CP?

If you had pre-order the set & inform MJ about the shop you are going to collect,
    your name will be there.just call them again.
    I bought one of the last patch S5pro in (S) from them, just few mths back.
    last 2 pcs i remenber & i wanted to help my fren to buy one,but is reserved they
    told me.unless buyer back up they will call me again.

just my sharing here & hope you can get it by tmr evening..best of luck.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Quote Originally Posted by sleepz View Post
    They charged me 2% for cc usage for the pre-order price. What about the rest of you at TK, CP?
    I got mine at J3:16, paid cash.

I'm not at all surprised at the 2% for cc...

Did Emjay contact you to collect the pre-order set from MS Colour? If so, MS Colour should have the camera for you. Emjay would have send enough camera to MS Colour for those people who have pre-ordered and want to collect from there. MS Colour should not sell off those pre-ordered camera at this moment to other people unless that person have also pre-ordered with Emjay to collect from MS Colour and Emjay donít have enough camera for MS Colour for the pre-ordered.

You can always give Emjay a call to day to check the status of the camera you pre-ordered before going down to MS colour to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by istDeS View Post
    Did Emjay contact you to collect the pre-order set from MS Colour? If so, MS Colour should have the camera for you. Emjay would have send enough camera to MS Colour for those people who have pre-ordered and want to collect from there. MS Colour should not sell off those pre-ordered camera at this moment to other people unless that person have also pre-ordered with Emjay to collect from MS Colour and Emjay donít have enough camera for MS Colour for the pre-ordered.

You can always give Emjay a call to day to check the status of the camera you pre-ordered before going down to MS colour to collect.
    MSColor should have enough sets (I heard they had 5). Collected it from them y'day. But I blur, they also blur. Charged me $1799 ($9 dollars more). I called back to them on this after I found out (thru prev posting) and they said they will give me a $9 cut from any item I buy from them (fair enough).

Any store selling the K7 with kit lens? Thx

Ok, an update. Called up MS Color the moment I touched down today, and spoke to a certain contact which was used to pre-order the Olympus E-P1 (not enough sets, delayed for 2 weeks). She was MUCH more polite and friendly, and asked for my name and told me to either come down and collect the K-7 body anytime, or wait till the DA* 16-50mm arrives.

I decided not to chance it and went down within 1 hour - she has kept it for me! Kudos! The service was also fantastic (I was given a cup of water, asked to have a sit, and staff were extremely friendly)!

So I was wrong - MS Color does give good service. The bad experience with person I talked to earlier must be a unique incident.

I will visit them again for the lens and also E-P1 - gladly!

Happy ending...

Quote Originally Posted by AbangR View Post
    Any store selling the K7 with kit lens? Thx
    Only those who pre-ordered are collecting them this week. Those with lens about 3 weeks later as stated in a thread . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Ok, an update. Called up MS Color the moment I touched down today, and spoke to a certain contact which was used to pre-order the Olympus E-P1 (not enough sets, delayed for 2 weeks). She was MUCH more polite and friendly, and asked for my name and told me to either come down and collect the K-7 body anytime, or wait till the DA* 16-50mm arrives.

I decided not to chance it and went down within 1 hour - she has kept it for me! Kudos! The service was also fantastic (I was given a cup of water, asked to have a sit, and staff were extremely friendly)!

So I was wrong - MS Color does give good service. The bad experience with person I talked to earlier must be a unique incident.

Happy ending...
    Hey, it's good to know you got a happy ending there Congrats! Hope you enjoy the new camera.

I've bought stuff from MS color several times, all were pretty happy experiences

Happy ending...
    Do you drink the water?? Oh no! sure you will go down more often..
    Just kidding MS color is one of the best.
    PENTAX l OldKMan

Ok, an update. [got K-7]
    Grats! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by nik34 View Post
    Do you drink the water?? Oh no! sure you will go down more often..
    Just kidding MS color is one of the best.
    Oh yes the water. Once i got nothing to do, walk in to look see, chat a bit drink the water and ended up with a purchase.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast