Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 200

Thread: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    Today, I saw a small ad in TODAY newspaper.. by Emjay, announcing arrival of K-7 on 6th July.

    "The world's most powerful compact DSLR"

    A week more then...
    Might be sooner than you thought

  2. #22

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Might be sooner than you thought
    Thanks for the heads-up, FW!

    Too bad it missed being used intensively. Just back from a short trip to Yogyakarta.. should be my K100Ds' last overseas trip. Hoping to upload some shots later.

  3. #23
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    I think K-7 is already here, somebody just told me. for me I have to wait for quite sometime co'z the kit lens i which I ordered haven't arrived yet. *mumbles*

    for a newbie, should I go for 3rd party lenses or should I go for kit? hmmm. lemme think...

  4. #24
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I think K-7 is already here, somebody just told me. for me I have to wait for quite sometime co'z the kit lens i which I ordered haven't arrived yet. *mumbles*

    for a newbie, should I go for 3rd party lenses or should I go for kit? hmmm. lemme think...
    Go for the kit lens In all honesty, unless you need fast lens, Pentax so called kit lens are very very good.

  5. #25
    Senior Member darrrrrrrrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,208

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I think K-7 is already here, somebody just told me. for me I have to wait for quite sometime co'z the kit lens i which I ordered haven't arrived yet. *mumbles*

    for a newbie, should I go for 3rd party lenses or should I go for kit? hmmm. lemme think...
    if u decide that you want sth else i'm sure u can find a buyer for it

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Coast Road
    Posts
    1,175

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Have a good time with your assist lamp ... that will helps a lots when you are out shooting someone birthday at dark BBQ parks, coming K7 owners.

  7. #27

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    finally saw a small advertisement in yesterday's Today newspaper announcing the K7 would be out on 6 Jul 09. It show only the top half of the camera and not much else description though but at least finally see an advert
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

  8. #28
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by P3ntx View Post
    Have a good time with your assist lamp ... that will helps a lots when you are out shooting someone birthday at dark BBQ parks, coming K7 owners.
    Yeah makes me think, also green assist lamp in the dark simply says I'm holding a pentax without telling verbally. And how come this is the first pentax to have such lamp, LG viewty have one, and it's a phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    if u decide that you want sth else i'm sure u can find a buyer for it
    Haha! sorry bro but I try to hold onto a thing I bought as much as possible, even it does not have any use for me. so selling things ain't in the option.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoom3 View Post
    Go for the kit lens In all honesty, unless you need fast lens, Pentax so called kit lens are very very good.
    Yeah bro I know that Pentax kit lens are very good. that's the reason why I go on to the kit. Considering I still hold on to my old SLR with fungus infected kit lens (sorry, correct camera care ain't possible in my place before)

  9. #29

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    does pre order means getting the camera earlier than the actual release date? if not why are we pre ordering?


  10. #30

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by pingz View Post
    does pre order means getting the camera earlier than the actual release date? if not why are we pre ordering?

    Hopefully that's true. But I guess it is all about price issues. Pre-order could mean getting it earlier than the rest, also, the price is supposed to be much lesser than suggested retail price (SRP). Once the demand is high, surely there will be an increase in sales thus the pricing too. By that time, might have to place an order and wait for next shipment

    Regards,
    Jay (Coming K-7 owner)

  11. #31

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    I think pre-order means as soon as the sets are shipped out to the retailers, your set is reserved for you to pick up. Rest of the stock would be for walk-ins. So if there is significant pre-orders compared to the stock they managed to secure from Pentax, there could be limited availability for walk-in customers.

  12. #32

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Having spoken to someone yesterday, I hope to get my pre-ordered set today from John 3:!6, my preferred dealer.

  13. #33
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    [quote=banana0ne;5224634]Yeah makes me think, also green assist lamp in the dark simply says I'm holding a pentax without telling verbally. And how come this is the first pentax to have such lamp, LG viewty have one, and it's a phone.
    [quote]
    Green assist lamp also means Canon . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  14. #34

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    Having spoken to someone yesterday, I hope to get my pre-ordered set today from John 3:!6, my preferred dealer.
    You mean Emjay has contacted you to pick up? Mmm, I haven't heard from Emjay at all regarding my pre-order. I'm supposed to pick up from CP, which is very near 3:16.

    ***

    Emjay is running a series of small ads in TODAY, it seems.

    Today's TODAY (pardon the awkwardness) has the tag "The only one in it's class".

    Emjay: Do note the grammatical error - its, not it's.

    You may want to correct this if there's any re-runs of this particular ad.

  15. #35

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    Having spoken to someone yesterday, I hope to get my pre-ordered set today from John 3:!6, my preferred dealer.
    That's cool. Guess you'd be the first one in SG to get the camera, or better yet, the first one outside of JP to have one

  16. #36

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    TODAY is a horrible name for a paper.

    Journalist: Hi, I'm a journalist calling from TODAY.
    Target: Uh. You mean instead of calling from yesterday or tomorrow?
    Journalist: ?!@


    YOUR PAPER is actually even worse.

    Journalist: Hi, I'm a journalist calling from YOUR PAPER.
    Target: Uh. Which newspaper?
    Journalist: YOUR PAPER.
    Target: ?!@

  17. #37

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    You mean Emjay has contacted you to pick up? Mmm, I haven't heard from Emjay at all regarding my pre-order. I'm supposed to pick up from CP, which is very near 3:16.

    ***
    That's cool. Guess you'd be the first one in SG to get the camera, or better yet, the first one outside of JP to have one
    I should have been clearer. Very sorry for the confusion.

    I called Emjay yesterday to place my order for the camera. Was told the cameras arriving today, 1 July, in their warehouse/storage facility, which happens to be in Peninsular Plaza.

    I asked them to call J316, post-haste, when those arrive. As such, I hope to collect mine, along with a 16-50, today. Might bug them this later this morning.

    I'm the sort who when I want something today, I should have gotten it yesterday!

  18. #38

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by mauler View Post
    I should have been clearer. Very sorry for the confusion.

    I called Emjay yesterday to place my order for the camera. Was told the cameras arriving today, 1 July, in their warehouse/storage facility, which happens to be in Peninsular Plaza.

    I asked them to call J316, post-haste, when those arrive. As such, I hope to collect mine, along with a 16-50, today. Might bug them this later this morning.

    I'm the sort who when I want something today, I should have gotten it yesterday!
    Thanks for clarifying.

    But if you placed your order yesterday and manage to get it today, while those who have pre-ordered weeks ago still haven't got any notice... arrgh.

    So if you really gets it today, please don't tell us!

  19. #39

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    As far as I know, the stock still hasn't reached Emjay yet. Better wait until they inform us to go and collect

  20. #40

    Default Re: K-7 onsale in Japan ...

    Quote Originally Posted by le petit prince View Post
    Thanks for clarifying.

    But if you placed your order yesterday and manage to get it today, while those who have pre-ordered weeks ago still haven't got any notice... arrgh.

    So if you really gets it today, please don't tell us!
    Now, now, behave yourself or to the corner you go!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •