Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Camera settings

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Camera settings

    i am going to borrow my friends Dslr camera for the coming formula drift .so what setting should i put ?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil231 View Post
    i am going to borrow my friends Dslr camera for the coming formula drift .so what setting should i put ?
    iso3200, f/8, 30 seconds... please remember to use popup flash








    jokes aside, there are no magic settings

  3. #3

    Default Re: Camera settings

    so funnie...sial

    i was wondering why need an iso that high on a bright sunny day...

    maybe the camera got Drift Settings... muahahaha

  4. #4

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    iso3200, f/8, 30 seconds... please remember to use popup flash







    jokes aside, there are no magic settings

    iso3200? 30 sec? and flash some more.. haha.. dont bully him lah..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Camera settings

    formula 1 cars are pretty fast .. i think even the fastest lens may not get a clear pic unless u use panning..

  6. #6

    Default Re: Camera settings

    haha...Is formula drift not formula 1...

  7. #7

    Default Re: Camera settings

    No magical setting, it's up to your experience and what you want to achieve!

    when in doubt, shoot with Auto/P mode. A clear but badly exposure picture is much more salvageable than a well expose but blur picture.

    Cheers!
    Playing with M43.

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Camera settings

    if you can find a sport mode on the camera, use it.



    shoot in RAW, plus couples of 16GB memory cards.
    you able to get some good shots after few weeks of editing.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Set to shuttle priority and do panning ... It's not easy and I suggest you practise and practise before event ... and don't be stingy .. take as many shots as possible and pray hard that some of them are usable. Good luck!
    Nikon.D90 | Canon.S90 | Project 365

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,393

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by thotshouse View Post
    Set to shuttle priority
    Erm.. it's motorsport, not a space mission. Cameras have a shutter...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Best tip for FormulaDrift event next week:

    1. Remember to bring sunblock
    2. Remember to drink lots of water

    Last year's event, my bro and I went back with sunburn and it was only a 1 day event. We were there from 10.30 to 4.30 and were literally roasted.

    You have been warned.....

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by Sivakis View Post
    Best tip for FormulaDrift event next week:

    1. Remember to bring sunblock
    2. Remember to drink lots of water

    Last year's event, my bro and I went back with sunburn and it was only a 1 day event. We were there from 10.30 to 4.30 and were literally roasted.

    You have been warned.....
    hahahaha me too ... but like 1pm one of our friend had an umbrella

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Try to learn panning technique before you start shooting...
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    210

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    if you can find a sport mode on the camera, use it.



    shoot in RAW, plus couples of 16GB memory cards.
    you able to get some good shots after few weeks of editing.
    LOL how come need to edit so long?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    formula 1 cars are pretty fast .. i think even the fastest lens may not get a clear pic unless u use panning..
    And must use Canon Cameras isit?
    Its dependent on what you wanna achieve.

    Depending on the condition of the day, at f8, you will still get sharp pics if thats what you set out to achieve.

    Everyone wants to do panning?
    Monkey see, Monkey do.

    Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

  16. #16
    Deregistered rgy1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    994

    Default Re: Camera settings

    Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    formula 1 cars are pretty fast .. i think even the fastest lens may not get a clear pic unless u use panning..
    1/8000 of a second not enough to freeze motion?

    its like... pretty fast if you think about it...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •