Thread: Important questions to the Pros, from the aspiring noobs!!!

Exclamation Important questions to the Pros, from the aspiring noobs!!!

Hi, I just want to put out this question to all you guys...Which is your most favourable lens that you usually strap on your gun when firing down those people at weddings?

Could you also share why you love that lens so much? and maybe a few pictures to share where the lens you love really shined and made everyone go WOAaaaaah...fierce!

Just some newbie questions cos I wish to up my photography skills and what better way than to learn from you guys who are in the "warzone" itself, perfecting your every shot man...

Thanks in advance wonderful ppl!! Chillout~

Default Re: Important questions to the Pros, from the aspiring noobs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danswordsman View Post
    Hi, I just want to put out this question to all you guys...Which is your most favourable lens that you usually strap on your gun when firing down those people at weddings?

Could you also share why you love that lens so much? and maybe a few pictures to share where the lens you love really shined and made everyone go WOAaaaaah...fierce!

Just some newbie questions cos I wish to up my photography skills and what better way than to learn from you guys who are in the "warzone" itself, perfecting your every shot man...

i once asked the same question when i first started out a few years back. And i remember one of the masters telling me "you can virtually shoot a wedding with only one lens. And it doesnt need to be an amazing lens. In fact you can pobably shoot an entire wedding with one prime lens, just need to learn how to compose for it." So, i'd say, dun be caught up in what lens the pros are using, just use what ever you have.

anyway this has been asked many many many times. just do a search yeah? =)

Cheers.

i've shot a wedding entirely with a 35L and leaving 24-70 for group pictures.

35L because it's fast and nice bokeh at f1.4, good for low light without flash as well. the colours and contrast is really sweet.

just some humble pictures compared to the pros here!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    i once asked the same question when i first started out a few years back. And i remember one of the masters telling me "you can virtually shoot a wedding with only one lens. And it doesnt need to be an amazing lens. In fact you can pobably shoot an entire wedding with one prime lens, just need to learn how to compose for it." So, i'd say, dun be caught up in what lens the pros are using, just use what ever you have.

anyway this has been asked many many many times. just do a search yeah? =)

Cheers.
    Oh cool man...haha just started to really use this forum so yeaa ill do that search..thanks..

I guess I should go snap away with my 50mm now and perfect it...thanks again man!

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    i've shot a wedding entirely with a 35L and leaving 24-70 for group pictures.

35L because it's fast and nice bokeh at f1.4, good for low light without flash as well. the colours and contrast is really sweet.

just some humble pictures compared to the pros here!

wow I like the second pic...really sweet man..yea sometimes I feel that flash ruins a certain feel of the picture.. I took a few pics at night outside and was surprise with just the orange street lights, my subject still can be seen...which is damn power...

But my prob is...too slow or take too much time to configure before snapping...cos I dont really understand the relationship between aperture, shutter speed and iso proper yet...I do know basic individual points like bigger aperture like 1.8 takes in most light but dop is less so back will be very blur...faster shutter speed of cos lesser light...and higher iso more brighter pic but more grain as it increases?? But I cant adjust accordingly on the spot...its more like trial and error for me now....adjust, take then look at the pic...then adjust again, take and look till I get what I feel is "nice"...BUT HOW MANY PRECIOUS MOMENTS WILL WAIT FOR ME TO CONFIGURE PROPERLY!! hahahaha...

Any tips or practice I could do to fasten the speed of that??? Thanks alot man and all the other guys who gave me a deeper insight!!!!

thread moved.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    thread moved.
    eh wads it mean??? sorry..new to using the forum..

if flash is allowed, i would use a 18-200 for whole day shoot. If no flash is allowed then usually one camera with wide angle like tamron 17-50 f2.8 while another camera for tele like sigma 70-200 f2.8 but it all depends on what part of the wedding. For the reception and dinner, most of the time the 17-50 will do.

If you are using Canon system, the 18-55 Mk2 IS and 55-250 IS is pretty amazing especially since they are "kit' lens.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by danswordsman View Post

We have 100+ "what lens for wedding" threads... Please, try a search.
    Alpha