Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premium Photographer at $18 or $28 an hour part II

Smile Re: Premium Photographer at $18 or $28 an hour part II

I wonder how would this affect our TS now....
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

Default Re: Premium Photographer at $18 or $28 an hour part II

Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    I wonder how would this affect our TS now....
    confidence boost.coz he know he is as gd as a 'professional'

Like I've said, if anyone has to feel jealousy over the young fella's ridiculously low prices, then perhaps they are too close to the competitor's standard than they might actually think otherwise.

The market will decide, and it will prune those who cannot add value to what is similar in the same range of services. Also, the photographer himself will come to a realisation that there is always a base price for certain services that is sustainable. We do not have to waste our time whipping dead horses, because situations like these sort themselves out

As for the reference to "China vs Europe", common sense will tell you that they produce goods for different segments of consumers.

Keep on shooting, everyone.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 26th June 2009 at 03:53 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Like I've said, if anyone has to feel jealousy over the young fella's ridiculously low prices, then perhaps they are too close to the competitor's standard than they might actually think otherwise.

The market will decide, and it will prune those who cannot add value to what is similar in the same range of services. Also, the photographer himself will come to a realisation that there is always a base price for certain services that is sustainable. We do not have to waste our time whipping dead horses, because situations like these sort themselves out

As for the reference to "China vs Europe", common sense will tell you that they produce goods for different segments of consumers.

Keep on shooting, everyone.
    but the problem is,the europe is hiring china workers and technology.So its kinda like buying for the name

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    but the problem is,the europe is hiring china workers and technology.So its kinda like buying for the name
    The analogy was referring to cost vs quality. Without going OT here, Europe hiring Chinese workers still has the advantageous factor of experience in workflow and QA/QC.
    Last edited by LazerLordz; 26th June 2009 at 04:05 PM.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

no offence, purely based on portfolio, i will take Hong Ray and he is cheap to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    The analogy was referring to cost vs quality. Without going OT here, Europe hiring Chinese workers still has the advantageous factor of experience in workflow and QA/QC.
    haha im just making an example.its like the product quality is the same,but you chose it for the name.Its kinda that idea

i think kelvinkhoo will be off the roof when he reads this thread

Seriously what is the big bloody deal?

the kid can charge what the hell he wants its a free market... the so called "big boys" out there can go have a cry if they think some kid with a 1000D will "upset the balance of the photography market here"
    give the guy a break jeez he's just trying out photography... he's obviously supported by his parents or something and isnt looking to make money, probably just wanting experience in the field... or purely driven by passion...

seriously get a life, stop winging about this kid and let him be... this is like the 3rd thread about one stupid thing... far out...

Just curious.. After looking at their works, how much do you think they should rate for their service?

In God we trust...
    if the money is meant to be urs... its urs.
    if not just work harder loh...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoooters View Post
    Just curious.. After looking at their works, how much do you think they should rate for their service?
    personal 18
    coprate 28

To be honest the TS portfolio has nothing much to show compared to the New Kid on The Block.As I've mentioned in the other closed thread Hong Ray wants to break ground in
    photography so let him. TS should not feel threaten if he's well established in the market
    with all his satisfied clientele's listed in his portfolio should not be a problem.

Should worry more about the current H1N1 rather than such trivialities
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

To each his own.

There will be bottomscrappers and there will will be "free" photographers in the market.
    That said, there are professionals and semi-pros as well. Each will cater to a different market.

ie: there will ALWAYS be comparisons between korean cars, japanese cars, european cars and american cars.
    (Hyundai, Kia, vs Nissan, Toyota vs Ferarri, Mercedes, BMW)

Where does this end then?

just wondering for those who are in the business for many years... how much did you charge when u started out ? free ?? or also very low rates ?? or apprenticeship rates ??

i shoot a few weddings for friends but its for free

would be a good infor for those who wish to go into this business fresh... but not me though cos im too old to change career liao...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

personal 18
    coprate 28
    I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    just wondering for those who are in the business for many years... how much did you charge when u started out ? free ?? or also very low rates ?? or apprenticeship rates ??

i shoot a few weddings for friends but its for free

would be a good infor for those who wish to go into this business fresh... but not me though cos im too old to change career liao...
    Can i be your friend? next time i ask you to shoot for my friend's wedding for free can?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoooters View Post
    Can i be your friend? next time i ask you to shoot for my friend's wedding for free can?
    i can shoot for u haha my portfolio http://www.jpegalbum.webs.com/

After looking at the photos, from the point of view of a newbie, I will take Hongray over kelvin khoo. Maybe the "pros" will think otherwise, but to me the standard of the rom portfolio at kelvin khoo website is like...erm...what my sister can take. No offense meant, but just a newbie's humble opinion.

That Hongray guy is probably just a poly kid who likes to take photo and have free time. Why do all the "old uncles" have to be so hard on him? I mean it is not like he post exaggerated things on his website or goes around cheating people. Other than the part of "professional dslr camera" and his english, the rest seems ok.

Maybe $20/hr is nothing to all the "professional", but to a poly kid, he can't even make $18 in 3hours for doing part time job. So to him, he is probably thinking he is getting a good wage for doing something he enjoys. As long as he is happy and the client is happy, then why not?

i can shoot for u haha my portfolio http://www.jpegalbum.webs.com/
    You can shoot for me...? Free..??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast