Thread: Money can really warp the meaning of any word...

Red face Money can really warp the meaning of any word...

Seriously, this isn't the first time I've encountered this situation. I found a good deal, on someone selling a 512MB CF card for 200 firm, and immediately SMSed him to get the deal, and confirmed with him to meet.

Fast forward to next day. He informed me that someone else bidded 230 and asked me if I would like to up my bid. First of all, what in the world? Wasn't 200 the firm value he was selling at as stated in his post? There was nowhere in the post stating it was using a bidding system. Secondly, he even confirmed with me on the deal. After SMSing him back feeling very frustated, he didn't have the guts to SMS back.

While I know there is nothing I can do, I'm still pretty pissed this happens a lot everytime money is involved. Before any of you also try to slam me and accuse me of doing such as well, I always keep my word, so I really don't like it when others don't.

PS. My 128MB SM card died... Everytime I try to extract data, I get CRC errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r
    Seriously, this isn't the first time I've encountered this situation. I found a good deal, on someone selling a 512MB CF card for 200 firm, and immediately SMSed him to get the deal, and confirmed with him to meet.

Fast forward to next day. He informed me that someone else bidded 230 and asked me if I would like to up my bid. First of all, what in the world? Wasn't 200 the firm value he was selling at as stated in his post? There was nowhere in the post stating it was using a bidding system. Secondly, he even confirmed with me on the deal. After SMSing him back feeling very frustated, he didn't have the guts to SMS back.

While I know there is nothing I can do, I'm still pretty pissed this happens a lot everytime money is involved. Before any of you also try to slam me and accuse me of doing such as well, I always keep my word, so I really don't like it when others don't.

PS. My 128MB SM card died... Everytime I try to extract data, I get CRC errors.

And the debate goes on....... integrity?

Died? try formatting the card?

I think there are generally 3 groups of buyers/sellers here in CS:

1)First come first serve basis seller. You can't meet to deal and another can match rp + meetup, too bad. Some buyer aslo prefer this method.

2)First to meet RP, seller AGREE to hold and ignore further deals.If buyer backs out, post another WTS post again. Some buyer prefer this as more piece of mind?

3) Seller agreed to buyer RP and say will hold the item for buyer. But when buyer2 with higher pricel come along, decide to sell to the latter. Some buyers don't MIND too, as they too will backout when they find another CHEAPER deal.

Most of the time, we deal with whatever method/people comfortable to us.