Thread: vPost - Singapore

Default vPost - Singapore

hi, have anyone get down items from Amzon via vPost service? If so how is the service? Do u need to pay any taxes or duty for items If so how do we know prior to place the order how much is the tax/duty.

Thanks

Default Re: vPost - Singapore

All your information is on the vpost site. They have their own FAQ's. Even if you google "vpost GST" you will get your answer.

And 3 clicks on the vpost site got me this:
    https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostusa05/gstCom.html
    Alpha

above 400 sgd laiable to GST ........ vpost take 14days from USA
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    Usually, when I pay vpost for shipping, it only takes another few days, not 2 weeks.

Hi Rasika,

you'll need to pay GST (7%) if the total value [cost + shipping/freight + insurance(optional)] of your items to be bought is more than SGD400. You can roughly work out the shipping fees (estimated) using Vpost's online calculator, provided you have the dimension/ weight of the items also.

Based on my latest experience, Amazon does not really do a good job in packing the items as compactly as possible, hence I incurred higher shipping charges for my items (the volumetric weight is more than the actual weight...)

As for delivery, Amazon to VPost(USA) is fast, VPost(USA) is quite fast also (once you'd paid up), but from Vpost(Singapore) to your home takes a few days (3 to 5 days) - depends also if the customs checked the contents...

Hope the above helps.

Quote Originally Posted by gundam77 View Post
    Based on my latest experience, Amazon does not really do a good job in packing the items as compactly as possible, hence I incurred higher shipping charges for my items (the volumetric weight is more than the actual weight...)
    yeah, me too. i bought a KATA bag from them and the packaging is 8kg (volumetric weight)! The bag cost me $75usd but the shipping fee is $80+ sgd! in the end i kick up a ruckus when i email amazon... they give me a refund of $60+ usd.

rem to ask amazon to pack as compactly as possible when u order from them.

Hi All, Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    All your information is on the vpost site. They have their own FAQ's. Even if you google "vpost GST" you will get your answer.

And 3 clicks on the vpost site got me this:
    https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpostusa05/gstCom.html
    Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Usually, when I pay vpost for shipping, it only takes another few days, not 2 weeks.
    Hi Rasika,

you'll need to pay GST (7%) if the total value [cost + shipping/freight + insurance(optional)] of your items to be bought is more than SGD400. You can roughly work out the shipping fees (estimated) using Vpost's online calculator, provided you have the dimension/ weight of the items also.

As for delivery, Amazon to VPost(USA) is fast, VPost(USA) is quite fast also (once you'd paid up), but from Vpost(Singapore) to your home takes a few days (3 to 5 days) - depends also if the customs checked the contents...

Hope the above helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    yeah, me too. i bought a KATA bag from them and the packaging is 8kg (volumetric weight)! The bag cost me $75usd but the shipping fee is $80+ sgd! in the end i kick up a ruckus when i email amazon... they give me a refund of $60+ usd.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post

WoW! That's amazing bro... Hmm.. maybe I should do the same too... The volumetric weight was more than twice the actual weight of the items!!! You mind if lend me your email as a template to complain & kick up a big fuss with Amazon... LOL!

Personally, I think that Amazon should really value-add to its biz by thinking in the view of their customers... helping them to save on shipping fees by packing the items as compactly as possible... This is one way that people might decide for returning purchases...

WoW! That's amazing bro... Hmm.. maybe I should do the same too... The volumetric weight was more than twice the actual weight of the items!!! You mind if lend me your email as a template to complain & kick up a big fuss with Amazon... LOL!

Personally, I think that Amazon should really value-add to its biz by thinking in the view of their customers... helping them to save on shipping fees by packing the items as compactly as possible... This is one way that people might decide for returning purchases...
    you just need to tell them, you are being charged extra for shipping due to the bulky packaging they used for your bag.

Need advice from Vpost member.
    Vpost USA take 6 days to locate my items and now I have to pay another time of Base charge due to their delays.
    Tried to call 1605 3 times and email vpost to waive off the base charge cuz it's their fault.
    But the customer service don't sound Helpful.
    Just brush me off by saying will send out and urgent request if can waive off.

Which other email or number can i call to complaint?

i used vpost once, never used it again

every email i sent needed 3 or 4 reminders for them before they replied. i think it is only fair to say that a reply within 1 working day for email is not too much to demand, especially when queries are simple.

i wanted to return the item to the amazon merchant i bought from, and there was a refund deadline. because of vpost, most definitely missed the deadline but the merchant was kind enough to understand that tardiness was not because of my end, and i got it eventually.

ya lor, very sad.. its not like they delay 2-3 days, its 7 days!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i used vpost once, never used it again

every email i sent needed 3 or 4 reminders for them before they replied. i think it is only fair to say that a reply within 1 working day for email is not too much to demand, especially when queries are simple.

i wanted to return the item to the amazon merchant i bought from, and there was a refund deadline. because of vpost, most definitely missed the deadline but the merchant was kind enough to understand that tardiness was not because of my end, and i got it eventually.
    Adorama not only reply emails fast, they also reply in Clubsnap itself. Customer Service

Bought a camera bag from them, hassle free delivery via UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Adorama not only reply emails fast, they also reply in Clubsnap itself. Customer Service

Bought a camera bag from them, hassle free delivery via UPS.
    i didn't buy stuff from adorama i think.. mine was.. cameta camera

Vpost - no customer service one... email response also not fast.

I bought a litium battery from Amazon and Vpost wouldn't ship here. Still have to pay admin charges for them to return to Amazon... and the whole process -like jumping through a few hoops! to get this simple thing done for me to get refund

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post

I bought a litium battery from Amazon and Vpost wouldn't ship here. Still have to pay admin charges for them to return to Amazon... and the whole process -like jumping through a few hoops! to get this simple thing done for me to get refund
    Usually I just call them straight up on phone rather than emailing.

I got into the battery issue before and they threatened to return or discard, but with some phone clarifications they later said that I purchased it before the battery regulation was enacted So all the batts came over.

Nowadays bo pian go via vpost if it is amazon or some item that doesn ship to a non US address.

Else for all my ebay and other overseas transaction it is a straight mail to Singapore. Quick and easy, and probably even cheaper

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash View Post

i also had battery problem

i bought battery grip + 2 batteries, they refuse to help, i just needed the BG, because it was cheaper than without the 2 batteries