Thread: USA win SPAIN OMG!!

Default USA win SPAIN OMG!!

This is where bookies earn money.. who in the world would bet against SPAIN when playing USA.. Its like LIVERPOOL playing SINGAPORE (well even as a liverpool fan, I dont mind Singapore winning ) And its 2-0.. But I think they will be stopped in the finals.. This is already the mother of all upsets.. no one wants to be doubly upset again in the finals right?
    hmm.. or maybe David beckham arriving in the states help improve their standard? NAH!!! haha

Default Re: USA win SPAIN OMG!!

wat to do? those punters got their hand burnt cos everyone tot its a sure win for spain.

The US is an established world soccer power, always in the World cup. It cannot be compared to Singapore.

It has beaten brazil before in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again

This brazilian team is nowhere near the legendary teams of the past. Midfield and defence are very weak.

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    This is where bookies earn money.. who in the world would bet against SPAIN when playing USA.. Its like LIVERPOOL playing SINGAPORE (well even as a liverpool fan, I dont mind Singapore winning ) And its 2-0.. But I think they will be stopped in the finals.. This is already the mother of all upsets.. no one wants to be doubly upset again in the finals right?
    hmm.. or maybe David beckham arriving in the states help improve their standard? NAH!!! haha
    Losing is No Big Deal... Very Normal for them la.... all along they have been losing til recently their unbeaten streak is abnormal... so its back to normal for them! As Spain is traditionally known they are only good at club level not national level.

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY View Post
    The US is an established world soccer power, always in the World cup. It cannot be compared to Singapore.

It has beaten brazil before in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again

This brazilian team is nowhere near the legendary teams of the past. Midfield and defence are very weak.
    With due respect, USA men's team is never a power house ihmo... but they are improving and the ladies are! Although they are always in the world cup doesn't mean they are power house. Spain are also always in the world cup as well but they never was once a power house!

Traditional Power House will be Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina etc....
    Last edited by melvin; 25th June 2009 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    wat to do? those punters got their hand burnt cos everyone tot its a sure win for spain.
    Alamak Durian also dun have sure eat!

looks like its going to be Brazil's cup
    My Photo Gallery : Optimus Photo

Many of the US players actually play in the EPL, Primera Liga and Bundesliga. So they're gathering good experience.

But with Michael Bradley out, I don't think they'll have a chance against Brazil.
    Alpha

Sorry, my definition of powerhouse means always in the top 32 teams of the world, competing in each and every world cup.

Something which singapore will never ever do.

So comparing the US to Singapore is a big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Many of the US players actually play in the EPL, Primera Liga and Bundesliga. So they're gathering good experience.

But with Michael Bradley out, I don't think they'll have a chance against Brazil.
    Thats why i say they are always improving and getting better! And their win over Spain dun supprise me!
    Last edited by melvin; 25th June 2009 at 03:15 PM.

maybe u are not updated. According to FIFA ranking, spain is number 1 now.

its a meaningless competition... all the spanish players are just waiting for their vacation...

anyway US has always been a good team... maybe not traditional powerhouse, but on a good day, they can beat almost anyone...

Singapore ?? still waiting for their goal 2010 to ever happen...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

by the way Brazil just whack USA in this competiton 3-0 recently.

Like they always say... the ball is round one.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Like they always say... the ball is round one.
    not quite... the ball in rugby and american football is not round
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    maybe u are not updated. According to FIFA ranking, spain is number 1 now.
    So number 1 team in the world cannot lose?

So number 1 team in the world cannot lose?
    they really did not lose until last night. They have an unbeaten track of 30 over matches.

blah blah blah world number one blah blah blah.

so what. I can be the world number one but if I decide to not show up to the match, or if I decide to play horrendously (case in point Sergio Ramos), I may be the best in the world and neighbouring universes but I MAY still lose.

and besides, this is football. or soccer. played over 90 minutes. anything goes. just because on paper you are more superior than another team doesn't immediately get extrapolated into on field dominance and wins.

and besides, records are meant to be broken.
    chicken fight!

Quote Originally Posted by jgjonathangoh View Post
    It's a shocker indeed.

But the comparison between Singapore and Liverpool is an insult to the US team. The US work hard and are a professional team who sometimes show some brilliant soccer playing even though soccer is far from a national sport.

Singapore soccer? Hmmm, better left not discussed.

If all the blacks in the US were to focus their attention on soccer instead of american football and basketball, the US will be fighting for the world cup already

American footballers can easily outsprint most soccer players anyday. Oh yeah, and they are also damn freaking strong.

Americans love competition and will always do their best to win. It's just that soccer is not a national obsession. Yet, they do well enough to reach the world cup every time.

Patton: Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.