Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you have reacted this way?

Default Re: Would you have reacted this way?

i wouldn't give a damn about these kids...

Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    OT: i find people sitting on the floor more irritating....
    i used to sit on the floor many years ago, now i don't bother already no matter how tired i am because so long as i can get on the mrt is a blessing already...super crowded trains nowadays...

sims0002, I'm not going to respond to your fact finding mission to avoid going off-topic. PM me if u insists.

BTW, I converse in Malay too.

I would sit on the floor with my friends when the train is relatively empty with no seats and its a long way home. (which happens rarely)

That guy is awesome, he had guts to stand up to a Ah Beng!
    But a little bit too Bo Liao with the girl eating on the floor.
    Last edited by Yoricko; 24th June 2009 at 01:51 PM.

i personally will leave the girl alone, unless she litters or drop her food on the floor. rules are created by humans, sometimes we have to be flexible and sympathize with others. if we didn't let the girl eat her sandwich, and she gets gastric pain afterwards, i'm sure we'll feel guilty as well or probably try to justify our act by saying "you should have eaten before you board the train" (but deep inside we know that we contribute to the plight she has to be in) i see many people nibbling off in the train, but the truth to be told, how many of them really drop their food/spill their drinks on the train? possibly 1 out of 20.. the train is like 99% clean all the time (at least when i board them). so far i've only came across 1-2 accidents of seeing drinks spilled over/food on the ground.

but then again, i won't blame the guy who reprimanded her.. law-abiding citizens. sometimes i think it is our blessing to have such people around. regarding the ah beng, i won't comment about him.. i mean we weren't there in the first place to start with, and we probably will not see the situation from the way they see it. possiblities: maybe the man whom pointed out the girl was very rude? or the girl did try to stop the ah beng but nobody reported that? or the ah beng did try to explain and got agitated by the man when he refused to listen to logical explanations? so many possiblities.. it will be very unfair if we choose to look at the situation from either side of the party.

plus it is too stereotypical to assume that the youngsters are the ones causing trouble nowadays.. ahum, may i remind you that most of the crimes commited in singapore are still commited by adults. and there have been numerous reports of unkind/inconsidered singaporeans whom are adults.. (like the case whereby the aunty was feeding her husband fishballs in the trains) i've came across many many inconsiderate adults, more than youngsters actually... but that possibly because the adults population are higher than the youngsters population in singapore.

again, it is a 2 way thing.. it totally depends on how you choose to view it.

just my opinions.

kick the ah-b's ass if he starts acting up. don't forget to accidentally hantam the girlie as well.

Some comments should be kept to your ownself.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Think the guy that told the girl off is doing the right thing.

Personally, I don't have the gut to do it.
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Saw this at Marine Bay station this afternoon..... someone 'donated' his/her coffee to the train floor. Guess who are the one that have to clean up their mess.... who are the one that has paid their fare and yet have to endure this dirty mess. We once pride ourselves as a national that is clean and green.... But it appears that with so many foreign workers cleaning up after us, S'poreans.... we are now unable to clean after ourselves.... Shame !!

Pics taken with a H/P camera....

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    I know how it feels. Cos a few years ago, I was on a subway in Canada where eating was allowed. I hadn't eaten all day and was really hungry. And I needed to travel to another destination that would take almost an hour. So I grabbed a burger and munched on the train, while being careful not to dirty the surroundings. I appreciated the "Eating on the train" rule. Same goes in Japan. Had to take a 2 hours or so ride on the train. It was nice to be able eat early in the morning in the train when the stomach growled.

While I agreed that one should be able to eat IF one had to take a long Bus/Train/Plane journey..... May I ask how often do S'pore take a 2hr train ride in S'pore ??

But I agree with you when you said that some S'porean "can't be responsible citizens".

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    While I agreed that one should be able to eat IF one had to take a long Bus/Train/Plane journey..... May I ask how often do S'pore take a 2hr train ride in S'pore ??

But I agree with you when you said that some S'porean "can't be responsible citizens".
    often.When i go shoot at ulu places to shoot or another part of the island to sell/buyh things.

Anyway,you cant really sterotype 'kids' .There are kids brighter than u out there too.And who knows next time maybe you gotta listen to those kids.(not to diver-hloc,but the masses reading this thread)and who is sg's most wanted man??Mas Selamat and he sure dont look like a kid to me

yeah i think the coffee was more likely spilled by adults instead of kids =.=

Well life is a rush for time nowadays, as now time is money. WE ARE BEING governed by time. At a certain time we need to clock in to work, clock out, clock in, and so on, unless of course we are one of the elites with some resources and assets to work for you. For the lay people like us without any of their blessings, we have to subject ourselves to slavery by time to arguably a much more significant degree than these elites.

9am work.

6pm end of work.

7pm actual going home time from finishing Some 'extra work'

830pm home and time for your loved ones.

10pm settle All necessary home reproductive work.

11pm hopefully everything is done and can go back to sleep.

7am wake up to prepare to work.

My point is that since we are being 'governed' by time, its only natural that we try find some time wherever we are to complete our tasks, and some people, unlike you might have other 'extra' commitments in their lives (children, 2nd job, Ageing and ill parents, or something like that) which make it rather impossible to squeeze all those in one day and that it is almost impossible to say for sure whether one is morally (im not talking about law here) wrong or right.

In short everyone has 24 hours but not everyone has the same workload.

I too sometimes mark papers in the train, get my cam gear ready in the train, wear my contact lenses and hydrate myself for the weekend football matches in the train and so forth. Right or wrong you decide, but if you cant see anything beyond the lines and black and white of the law, then i think in my humble opinion that you are missing out on something.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    yeah i think the coffee was more likely spilled by adults instead of kids =.=
    These is not a 'Kid' or 'Adult' problem..... but a problem of gerenal disregarding of rules and social/civil responsibility. Both Kids & Adults are guilt of it.

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    These is not a 'Kid' or 'Adult' problem..... but a problem of gerenal disregarding of rules and social/civil responsibility. Both Kids & Adults are guilt of it.
    comment wasnt for you. it is for the ones infront whom are generalizing that the kids are the ones causing those troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    sims0002, I'm not going to respond to your fact finding mission to avoid going off-topic. PM me if u insists.

BTW, I converse in Malay too.
    I guess I've made my point, I don't see the need to pursue this any further.

But it is always good to know that statements backed up by evidence / studies make powerful facts, it'll very likely render the opposition pretty speechless.

Anyway, this is just a friendly discussion, hope that no offense is taken.

At least I'm glad to know that you are another law abiding citizen that is not afraid to blow the whistle when needed.

I applaud to the people who make the effort to make Singapore a pleasant place.

It was nice talking to you greenieadi.
    flickr
    ~Photos Are Backups Of My Memories~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12