Thread: Need Help buying a camera

Default Need Help buying a camera

Need Help Need Help buying a camera -- Serious comments only,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi ALL,
    again,Thanks for having me. I didnt want to go to a store and ask there because I figured here I would get an honest opinion.
    I need to buy a camera that can take a picture of a label on a wine bottle - being that the bottles are curved. The only thing I want is a picture of the front label and the back label. Can you recommend to me a camera that will do this (or camera and extra lens) the best way as the label cannot be removed from the bottle and I need the highest resolution possible. I do have photoshop CS4

Thanks for your help!!! I really appreciete it.

Default Re: Need Help buying a camera

Quote Originally Posted by villdoc View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi ALL,
    again,Thanks for having me. I didnt want to go to a store and ask there because I figured here I would get an honest opinion.
    I need to buy a camera that can take a picture of a label on a wine bottle - being that the bottles are curved. The only thing I want is a picture of the front label and the back label. Can you recommend to me a camera that will do this (or camera and extra lens) the best way as the label cannot be removed from the bottle and I need the highest resolution possible. I do have photoshop CS4

its not the body.Any DSLR with MACRO lens can do it

Quote Originally Posted by villdoc View Post

Hi ALL,

You already have a similar thread going. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533311

Never did figure out how to curved labels. I don't know about stitching effectiveness but cropping one and then playing the perspective for wide lens on DFx produces this result. This was taken by a compact camera. If possible try not to use macro as the DOF will be more visible.

You will definitely need to control lighting from reflection.